S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna put a 1/2 drop on my X. can i use 3" springs & 2" blocks? will i need anything else to mak it work like new shocks or something? does anybody have pics of a 1/2 drop on an X?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
spring and blocks should work...i'm not real sure what size springs u'll need...and your stock shocks will work fine with that mild of a spring drop and mounting distance with block wont change.....why not go 2/3? looks pretty sweet on a x :)

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
not really sure....i have a 2/3 and i rub the frame when i have the wheel at full tilt and the flare (which i trimed out) when i hit a really big bump like a speed bump and i'm going to fast...thats with the stock 235/55/16's....you might get a lil rubbing doing u-turns and a lil on the fender but probably not to severe at all....those tires are a lil wider but arent as tall so you should be ok....i'm not sure tho....

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
stock these trucks are 1.5 drop

on teh customers trucks ive done and replace zq8 with 2 inch drop belltech springs front comes down .5 to .75 more

3 inch drop springs 1.5 to 1.75 more

if you want it 1 inch more in front jsut go wtih the 2 inch drop springs with 3 inch drop springs might be to low up to you. rear 2 inch block is fine

here is a x i did 3 inch springs and 3 inch blocks
www.geocities.com/lawsons00xtreme

245 45 17 with 4.5 bs on a17x8 will fit no rubbing but i would get like 17x9.5 rear with 5.5 bs 275 40 17

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i will be doing the same thing to my truck in the next couple of weeks or so. do you guys have the part number for this:

3" coil
2" angle blocks

i just wanna make sure i get the right stuff. last time i did it on my other truck they give the wrong size u-bolts.

and also, i've got an xcab, do i have to get the angled blocks?

thanks guys.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
thanks tony.

what about the 2" angled blocks...does anybody know the part number.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just got my 3"coilspring (bel 4225), and a 1" tall bumpstop. but they'll have to order the 2" angled blocks (bel 6102) from belltech. problem is it takes 3 1/2 weeks to get it. i'm a little disappionted, coz i was planning on dropping it this long weekend. this is the problem about living in canada.

it was cheap though, cost me about $190cdn for everything. it's about $120us.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
DOHH! < homer voice > ,..........that sucks........

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
4225 nooooooooooooo wrong one bel 4227 is for the v6

are you sure about that?

that's what i thought too, but the guy in the counter says i need the 4225. i'll give him a call tommorow... i even told him i got the v6 xcab.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yep, 4225 is for the 4 banger

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
you guys wont believe this. i phoned the guy this morning and he said "sorry man, what you actually need is the BEL 4228."

wtf! from what i know this is for the blazer. so i told hinm i want the BEL4227. so he said " oh yeah you're right, there is a little footnote in the bottom of the cattalog."

good thing i knew the right part number or i would have been screwed... thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts