S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2003 Xtreme
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 has a 60/40 split bench. Driving home, I look over and notice the passenger seat side vibrating/shaking/shimmying back and forth. I don't remember my old truck resonating that much, but that had a full bench. It seems to be just the seat. The dash and wheel are not shaking. Doesn't seem to do it all the time either, only at certain speeds (about 55 mph). The road itself is in not too bad of shape.

This is a Fleetside, standard cab with the 2.2l and 5 speed...

Anyone else experience this also?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Our white X has 60/40 seats, but never experienced that problem.

Have you checked the bolts that hold it down to the floor to see if they are loose any? That's the only thing that I would think that it is.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Yeah mine doesnt do that either. What I do notice is a weird vibration when Im doing 80mph. You can feel it in the stick and the gas pedal.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My seat does that too. Hasnt caused a problem for me in 3 years so oh well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My zq8 does it, not sure why but it might have something to do with the tighter suspension cause its worse on bumps. I think I'll try changing the angle the pass seat is reclined.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ya, that too... damn rattle....

I had the dealer "fix" the 3rd door rattle/squeak/creak while it was in for its 3000 mile service. It seemed to be fixed initially but it makes the noise here and there when I hit a bump. Seems to be that the plastic is rubbing/squeaking where the locking mechinism is at the top of the 3rd door, around where the seatbelt attaches.

I'll have them try and "fix" it again when the time for the 6000 mile service comes along...

·
Registered
833 Posts
I dont know about all the other guys but mine isnt from loose bolts, its just because the truck is always vibrating and without any weight or anything in the seat to absorb the vibrations it is more noticable. It stops when someone sits in it or when it is put up against the back window. Just the top reclining part moves. Is this what everyone elses is doing?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Slammed, yes... once someone sits in the seat no problems.... Just never had the problem with my 94'

But then again, softer suspension...

·
Likes MOAR Low
1,609 Posts
dood, mine does that shit too, i was just wondering that the other day myself.....damn imma try and take a look to see if i can do anything about mine

·
2003 Xtreme
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SlammedX01 said:
...mine isnt from loose bolts...It stops when someone sits in it or when it is put up against the back window. Just the top reclining part moves.
Exactly...

·
2003 Xtreme
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DUSlider said:
Slammed, yes... once someone sits in the seat no problems.... Just never had the problem with my 94'

But then again, softer suspension...
Maybe it has something to do with the shorter wheelbase of the regular cab vs. extended cab.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I don't think its because of the shorter wheel base because fleadawg84 has an ext cab as well as DUSlider and they have the seat shake. Who know's whats causing it...its not causing me any problems really so Im letting it be. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts