S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I picked up a 0411 ECU from an express van (was a 4.3 but for $20....)

so to put this in my 97 witha 350 vortec do I have to have it reflashed or can I rework the stock tune with my Jet Spectrem (tunercat) tuner? I can change cylinder count on my black box ecu using it but didn't know if that option would be out there for this ecu and tuner combo....

will my stock gauges work or will I need both ECU's for this to happen?

I have a spare harness I was thinking of cutting up a bit to convert to the 0411 ecu and maybe lengthen/shorten/relocat items on. Can this be as simple as a repin and a self tune?

Can I take it in to a GM dealer and get it reflashed if I have a vin for a 350 express van?

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
i cant say with 100% certainty, but you should be able to use your tunercat as long as you know what youre doing, the 0411 pcm powered a lot of different things and from what i understand is very user friendly and you can do a lot with them

but, if i were you, i would try to get a stock tune first and make sure everything if running correctly, then tweak from there

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
its not as simple as a reflash. the pcm needs passlock disabled when its programmed.

if you can get passlock disabled then yes its as simple as a flash (with passlock disabled) and a harness repin.

i swapped my 98 vortec 5.7L harness to a 0411 pcm. everything works perfect accept my speedometer, however i dont think thats related to the pcm swap.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so do all the newer cars have passlock on them? I pulled this from a comerical delivery van (IE base model)

so maybe having the passlock removed and a reflash to a 350 tune is in order I guess.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
You can disaable passlock in the flash when you do it, it has to do with start not flashing. I should have (i'll have to look) a good 411 starter file for you to use, just email through the forum, and tell me what you're looking for. Yes you can change the cylinder count on the 411 PCM's

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
Have tried to simply do the passlock 30 minute relearn? I had to when I switched my PCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts