S-10 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
It's mostly BS
2,673 Posts
Right now you don't know if it's fuel or fire. When it won't start, try starting fluid. If it starts, then you know it's fuel. I'd also get a spark tester to see if you're getting good spark. I wouldn't start replacing those new parts since nothing has gotten worse.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Starting condition has worsened though, starts fine 65% of the time, and its been worsening. Cranks, starts, dies. Starts, Idles down dies. or just wont start at all for mega times.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I wonder if it's an electrical issue also I just had my hazards on with the truck off for about 15 to 20 minutes came back my battery was almost to 11 or 10 , then I had a power surge after I started the truck then it finally charged back up to normal 14 about a minute or so later the battery is brand new and so is the alternator, wondering if this is a parasitic draw that's causing all this also as a possibility.

·
It's mostly BS
2,673 Posts
When it won't start, is the starter turning the engine? If the starter is turning the engine, the battery is OK.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It cranks, sometimes it cranks starts fine runs ok, other times cranks no start, starts runs for a few seconds and then starts to idle down then dies, starting to smell oil again coming into the cab, I think thats the rear main though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts