S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ,hopefully this is in the right section. I have an 03 S10 crew cab with a 4.6 that I am repairing to be my daily driver. In the rear it has leaf springs and in the front the is a what I'm calling a hanger but may also be a bolt on frame component. Either way I cant find them anywhere. So I'm hoping somebody here know where I can find a replacement part, mine rotted and cracked. I am in the process of makeing one myself but would much rather replace them with a new one. Thanks .

·
Been there Done it
6,890 Posts
Probably a JY only component. To the best of my knowledge, which isn't perfect, but I do own an 02 CC, all the pickup ones are the same from 98 up. Maybe even older. Except ZR2 is definitely different. Don't know about Blazers, but do know the springs on the suv versions are different.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
1,722 Posts
They're not a part that is or was available to my knowledge, they were press riveted/welded on at the factory. If the front hangers are in that poor a shape, odds are so is your frame, from the inside out, and its almost JY time for the rest of the truck. How are the rear hangers? Usually they go first.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
260 Posts
Are you talking about the mount for the front of the rear leaf springs? If so, then a junkyard is your source. Cut the rivets and bolt it onto your frame. If you are talking about the front of the vehicle our S-10 trucks never had leaf springs for the front axle from the factory. There is a torsion bar mount about where the transmission cross member is located. It just bolts in and can be swapped with another from a junkyard if needed. I would recommend carefully inspecting the entire frame for rust thru areas to make sure the truck is still roadworthy first. It is possible to swap the entire frame but it is time consuming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts