S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was reading one of your posts and it seemed like you got your amp and everything went ok, then i saw the other one and said "oh shit". did you call the manufacturer and see if you can put higher rated fuses in the amp itself? maybe like 3 40's or 3 50's? since the fuse you have in the ANL holder is fine the only think i can think of is the amp getting too much power and popping the fuses. maybe the power wire is too big and its giving the amp more power than it can handle? i was just about to order my Hifonics amp today, then i saw where you said the Viper was louder and cleaner. where did you order it from? im doing my boxes and getting a HU installed next week, and getting an amp and the RE subs in january, so ive got a bit of time to decide. maybe if it screws around on me i can figure out a way to fix it for both of us. let me know about the amp, and ill sit on my arse here and think of what might be making the fuses on the amp pop, and not the inline fuse.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
lol thanks for caring..yea the DEI amp sound way cleaner..i dont really know how to explain it..lets just say the bass sound better..
um yea i thought it was the 200ANL fuse causin all the truble but it not..cuz i've talked to SMNW, David from RE, and a ton of guys from MANY different car audio shops...
i think that i have a defective amp...cuz the last time i tired to hook it up yesterday..i too out the RCA cables and the speaker wire(the power and ground was already tookin out). then i unpluged the ground from the from the distribution block..so that it's not grouned..
i then connect the plug(the power and ground plug) to the amp,
and i put the ground back on the dist. block..about a second later..i hear a fizzz sound and smoke comes up from the amp.....*long sigh* but hey..not everything was made perfect to yea i guess i just one of those....
i'll PM u about were to get the DEI Viper amp....
and yea some IDIOTIC people or should i say person who obviously got no life try and my make like they "know it all" and they think that they can just go around tellin poeple that they aint got much experience..as who? as them? HAH, KISS MY ASS QUEER, u know who u are..

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i take it there's a story behind that which i missed when i moved home?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i thought the ground was always last?
i was gonna see if it works WithOut the RCA's and speakers connected..

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh..well either way..i tried that too lol..it did the same thing..same stinky smell

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill keep that in mind when i install my amp...and im going with that Viper, looks better and if its louder and cleaner, why not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts