S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 S-10 2.2 5 speed it will idle fine no prom lens but if you have it under any load it starts missing terrible if u push the throttle slowly it will rev up fine but if you gun it it will miss till about 3500 rpm. Iv replaces spark plugs and wires coil packs and I just can’t get it to straighten up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not 100 % that it is spark related but I tested fuel pressure it’s good compression is good it’s missing on cyclinder number 4 I just can’t figure out why

·
time to get cereal
2,287 Posts
Got any codes? You could try swapping two of the injectors to see if the miss moves from 4 to the other cylinder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Switch the cable the #1 and leave at the spark in the #4 and the cable #4 put the #1 at the coils if the problem goes to spark 1 code 301 the cable needs replacement

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 03 S-10 2.2 5 speed it will idle fine no prom lens but if you have it under any load it starts missing terrible if u push the throttle slowly it will rev up fine but if you gun it it will miss till about 3500 rpm. Iv replaces spark plugs and wires coil packs and I just can’t get it to straighten up
Flex fuel sensor is going or is bad. Same thing happened to mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts