S-10 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Still working, got the lower control arms notched a little more. Front end put together. Mocking up where the valves are going to go. Ordered a new 5 gallon aluminum air tank. Need to make a mount for that, figure out where I'm mounting the compressors. Once that is figured out I will paint the 5 link and button up the rear end.

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Did a little more mock up. Got the valve assembly figured out. Truck lays out now. New air tank should be here this weekend, and will get that mounted. Gotta pull apart and paint exposed metal black. Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
the new guy
905 Posts
man, that's awesome work yall are doing.

when you get your hard cover, let me know and I will swing by and grab that shell

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Staying with the shell. Leaves me more options when I upgrade the sound system. Just keep checking craigslist. I found this one for 100 bones.

·
the new guy
905 Posts
I was going to say that once I posted that, there is a cover on craigslist east of Austin, or san Antonio, for something like 200 bucks. it has all the brackets and hinges, also

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
So truck isn't fully laying out yet. Need to do some work on the stock tubs. It's about 1/2" from laying. Bringing it to a car show this weekend. Then it's remove stock tubs and use new tubs to lay. Do front shocks. Do rear tubs. Since I'm sticking with 15s maybe 16s rear tubs will be smaller then stock. So will gain a little more room. I'm going with old school rims. I like the 90s look, plus I will daily drive so more rubber sounds better to me. I'm also thinking about adding slow downs on the dumps. The 3/8s valves and 1/2" line is quick. It's nice if lifting if anything is in the road. But sucks coming down.

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Truck made its maiden voyage. 4 hr drive, and no mechanical issues. Only issue I had is it rained for an hour and I have no ac, and there is 1 foot section for the blow through that's not sealed so you get the heat from the transmission. Plan is to get back from the show and do bed metal work, and change the accordion boot out (it's sitting on the floor in the garage).

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Brake t to get rid of abs. I have been having trouble with it for years. Fuel line Auto part Hand
driving to East Texas
Vehicle Car Road Transport Mode of transport
Photograph Snapshot Art Fun Tree
turned the blazer hatch control in to my air horn/fog light/air tank dump switch. The rear hatch button is the horn. The wiper actuator is the fog light switch, and the fluid button is the air dump. Vehicle Car Kia sportage

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Getting bed rear tubs cut and squared.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Auto part
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Alloy wheel Bumper
since I'm running smaller tires 9I like the look of a 235/60 r15) I'm running a smaller tub. It's going to give me more room between fender and front of need for a bigger subwoofer box.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Big things coming. I'll let Chris fill y'all in on our craigslist ninja deal.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts