S-10 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Been awhile since I posted here. Still messing with the truck. Got a nfamous 5 link to go on with new viair 444c compressors. Also came in to a new motor for the truck. It's a 4.8l out of a 2001 Silverado harness, all accessories, ecu. I got the headers (speed engineering, motor mounts (dirty dingo), f body oil pan (that thing is heavy), the windage tray, dip stick/tube, oil pick up.

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Did a little work to truck. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior old set up/static rear. Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Chassis Automotive exterior gas tank cross member mounted, and rear link mount/rear cross member mounted, Auto part Brake Vehicle brake Suspension lifted front gas tank mount, Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior bed and camper shell in front yard, making house look like a red necks place.

Attachments

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Did a little more work today, got upper bag mount mounted. Had to cut spare tire/shock mount cross member out. When I was test fitting/measuring to find upper bag mount location, I found the bolts sent for the bushings wouldn't fit. Keith over at Nfamus is sending the correct stuff. They had a run of bad bushing sleeves sent to them. Got leafs pulled off, and mounts on rear end cut off and cleaned. Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Suspension

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Pulled interior, old air suspension wiring, right inner fender, and a.c. Fan box. Got the heater only fan box installed. Will be doing sheet metal fenders also. Might have to relocate batteries to the bed. Vehicle Car Auto part Engine City car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part Engine Engine Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive engine part

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
No real up date. But tack welded supports on the end of frame. Also replaced stock bolts from Nfamus cuz they seem short. I like 3 threads showing after tightened. Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Wood Table stock bolt. Auto part Wood Table replacement bolt. It's a little long.

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Got the rear end cleaned and pinion angle set. No pic of angle set. But transmission side is 2, rear end is -2 Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle
Got rear notch tacked in. Will get better pics posted tomorrow of notch. Bumper Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Few more pics I snapped. Hopefully we can get the notches fully welded this weekend.

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Got a little more work done. The sleeves fur the bushings came in, so got the 5 link welded in. Tomorrow if I get off in time going to cut in to the cab for drive shaft. And weld the notch to spot cut out. Need to dehump the lower control arm a bit more. Bags rub a little. Hand Tree Finger Electronic device Thumb old sleeve not fitting bolt. new sleeves installed, bolt fits. Auto part Suspension part Suspension Auto part Vehicle Machine Pipe Engine Car Vehicle Gas Auto part

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
A little more stuff. Notched lower link bar mounts. Use a step not to get the rounded tom the cutoff wheel and flap disk. Got bags mocked in to see how far it will lay. Got driveshaft clearance cuts done in cab. Ran out of welding wire. Grabbing more after work. Auto part Rust Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Machine Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Rim Auto part Machine Wheel Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,221 Posts
Yeah,I’ve gotten a hold of two trucks done like this over the years. Usually nothing is left I modified except the things that need modifications like that anemic 2.2. So I gut the power train,and scrap everything else...most of the time they’re the same color too,..primer grey:haha:

I feel say the same thing tho when I buy them,and take it to my house. It has a very low chance of returning to the road again...I’m usually the last owner of an S10. I have a stack of titles from the ones that gave their life to feed the fleet..

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Looks good so far. You going to body drop it?

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Nope, no body drop. Will be driven most the time. Will also stay with 15 or 16 old school boyds/eagles/centerlines/weld wheels/primes/American racing/ budnicks/etc... The 15"eagles I had just sold. They had the wrong offset for the rear.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,221 Posts
Ah. Trucks not going anywhere. Will get done and be driven. I don't see the point of owning something not on the road.
Not driving your car is like not ****** your girl to keep the ***** tight for the next guy..nah,..wear that **** out!

I get these trucks at or near the end of their lives. They’re old now..beat,been through multiple owners. when I get my hands on an S-series it was me,or the junkyard. I salvage the ones I can,but most of the time it’s too late,and they’re just too far gone to bring back without sacrificing others...or themselves for others..heavy damage,blown motors,..just ragged out.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts