S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
myspace video is being GAY... but when it starts working again, Ill let ya know.. by true duals do you mean no Y-pipe, or just duals after the y-pipe... cause some people are mistaken with their words.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Hows the performance... I have heard that you sacrafice some power when doing that, but I dont see why running a y-pipe would be better?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
If you did this how did you run your 02 sensors??? You have to have one after the cats which you don't have did you retune the pcm for not cats or 02 sensors? Or are you throwing an SES code all the time now? If you are you will never pass inspection if you have inspection in your state. If you don't have inspections that is great for you. Up here in Mass it sucks!!

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I don't like the sound at all, sounds ratty but it would sound a lot better with some nice mufflers on there I bet. Do you have any pictures of the routing of the pipes?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
naw put i could prolly get some.

yea i think it sounds good at idle but the flowmasters should make it sound better all around better then the tips shoudl help a little from what i hear

·
SS turbo
569 Posts
is the a h or x pipe in there somewhere? cuz it sounds like 2 -3cyl engines. but to add, it should sound much healthier with the Flows

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan Plante said:
If you did this how did you run your 02 sensors??? You have to have one after the cats which you don't have did you retune the pcm for not cats or 02 sensors? Or are you throwing an SES code all the time now? If you are you will never pass inspection if you have inspection in your state. If you don't have inspections that is great for you. Up here in Mass it sucks!!
no i didnt have time to put the o2 sensor back in it so i just left it unpluged. ya i plan on getting either one of those o2 sensor simulators or tap a hole in the pipe and put the sensor in but ya. no rush. i dont think i have insection. at least in my area( i live in the boonies) lol

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Well lucky you for sure. But you should have the shop put an H-pipe in there it will definitely make it sound a hell of a lot better.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
x pipe would be my preference for sound purposes but I doubt there is room for one.

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
An H or X pipe will even out the pulses from each side and level the flow out between them also, giving it a nice controled rumble at idle, and a horendous growl at WOT...

Edit I just found out that my state doesnt have inspection, no cats for me...woooooooooooot

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You guys just wait till i get mine going, should sound insane.

Btw you need some kind of crossover, bad

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
there is no benefit to this, so why didn't you go single?

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Cause not everyone is worried about bennefits...my exhaust design sucks and the sound suffers, but Im the only one with what I have that I know of...

he wanted true duals, so he got em.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
meh, more cost, worst noise, worst power

just seems like a lose/lose no matter how you look at it is all I'm saying

1 - 20 of 27 Posts