S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great Memorial day weekend.

I am currently working on rebuilding my lower control arms on my 02 ZR2. I have replaced all bushings with Energy Suspension part #3.3119R and I am now in the process of reinstalling the lower control arms. Has anybody experienced a much tighter fit when reinstalling the control arms to the frame after upgrading to Energy Suspension bushings? I am able to get it into the frame with VERY slight assistance of a jack to press them into place. I am concerned that I may have installed the wrong bushings which could lead to issues later down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the arm still articulate ok? I didn't use the Energy suspension bushings, I did the whole LCA swap to not have to mess with it and the ball joint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the arm still articulate ok? I didn't use the Energy suspension bushings, I did the whole LCA swap to not have to mess with it and the ball joint.
Yes, I am still able to move the arm up and down. However, it is stiffer than what I remember it was before removing the original bushings. The original bushings were extremely worn, though.

Did the new LCA go in with ease for you? I am now starting to think that I should've gone with the new LCA as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't want to deal with it so I did the whole arm swap. Raybestos if I remember correctly. They were Made in Cha-cha-china unfortunately. But after tons of miles on and off road, they've been good. I did my lift 5 or 6 years ago and this was a "while I was there".

Reactions: Pram0192

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, I am currently working on installing a lift kit as well and this is also a "while I am there" item. lol

6 years seems pretty impressive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts