S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I don't want to lay frame, throw sparks, or tear my ground effects up.
I do want my truck to be lower, I looked at a 2/3 drop, it's easy and cheap to do.
The downside is clearance, I'd be low and always low.
Bags can be better, because when you have clearance issues, just hit a switch and now you have more clearance.
The downside to bags is the cost and work involved.
I've seen an X bagged without chopping the bed, which is what I want, I'd have to lose the spare, or put it in my bed.

The downside to both is that it voids my extended warranty.
I would like feedback from anyone with an X thats lowered either by bags or a static drop.
I am leaning towards a static drop because of the price and it's something I can do in a day.
Any thoughts?
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
My X is dropped 2/3 and I like it, especially after I cut the bumpstop brackets off. Rides like stock still and looks way better. Other than a few scrapings of the front airdam there is no problems at all. For the price its a great drop to do to the existing ZQ8 setup. Of course, my goal and dream is to be bagged. I was told that I could get pretty close to laying the ground effects with 18's without cutting the bed. I prefer not to cut the bed as I spent $300 on a Bedrug and like the look of it. Theres just the problem of coming up with the $$ for the bags and labor. I want it done right. As for the warranty, it only voids the suspension warranty. The engine and drivetrain isnt affected. I have had warranty work done on my truck and it was covered, no problems(not suspension related of course). So dont worry about the warranty. Get Belltech spindles and blocks or a quality bag system and you shouldnt have any problems. Just my .02

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
i have the 2/3 and i couldnt be happier. 5, xxx miles later and i have never scraped my front airdam, and this if my first lowered vehicle, so i am no expert at driving them....with me money was the only issue, or else i would have done bags. if i am right though w/ bags, you cant fill the air all the way up and hit a bump if you think you are goin to scrape, if you fill them all the way up w/ air and then go over that big bump...wont that blow up your bag b/c of all the pressure....anyway if it was me (b/c it was) i would go w/ the 2/3 drop...you will be happy, its enough to tell that its lowered, and enough not to scrape on anything.. hope i helped

·
under construction
347 Posts
I'm bagged and loving it! since i have to drive from Jersey to Florida a couple of times a year, i had to keep it practical. i didn't cut my bed, and i've still got the spare, in its origional location. the only downside is it is kind of expensive. so if you decide on a static drop, its understandable. just remember that you'll always want to go lower! its addictive! thats why i just jumped into the bags.

·
676 Posts
I love my 2/3 drop and rarely ever scrap the airdam. If nothing else i'd at least do the 2/3 it looks much better, But don't get me wrong if you got the money i say bag it, i know i would if i had the funds.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Bags all the way!! Nuttin harder then crusing an 1in off the ground on air. Soo bad ass!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I too someday would like to bag the X without cutting into the bed, or fender wells, or any of that garbage. It doesn't have to drag frame I would just like the adjustable ride height as my driveway is hard as hell to get in and out of with my 2/3. The speedbumps in this area are a bitch. I've had my 2/3 on maybe 2 weeks and probably scraped 5 times or more. Of course, I've scraped before I had the 2/3 on it so you can tell how rough I am on the thing heh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What 2/3" drop kit does everyone have on there X's??
I just ordered 18" rims for my X and i am planning on lowering in in march...
i would love to do bags, but right now its just too much cash for me to dish out!

Anyone have the Chassis Tech 2/3" lowering kit??
DJM?
Belltech??

·
Registered
43 Posts
bag it!!! fuzzysux is right, u will always want to go lower. my x is baged and notched. i couldnt be happier. if u dont have the time to fuk with it then jus drop it. shit does break and u wont always be able to drive it. so think about it that way.

·
rolling them ds
348 Posts
i had a 2-3 drop on my x cab x and i dunno how your roads are but EVER bump i would hit and belive me drive down the road a big bump and your going 60 doesnt feel to good... i baged mine and with out a notch and with out removing inner fenders. it rides much better and i hit nothing anymore so i would deff say bag it youll be happier in the long run
DAVE

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the replies.
I think I am going with a static drop because of the price and labor.
I spoke with a guy in town about bags, he said 1500 for parts and 1500 for labor.
3 grand is alot of money, if I had three grand to spend on my truck, I would put it towards the loan not bags.
Question: can you ride with the bags inflated or do you ride sitting on the stops?
What about when I bottom out with bags, how often to bags burst?
What does a c-notch do, give me the capability to go lower?
I am going to supercharge my truck once the warranty is gone, can bags handle the cornering and hp/torque stress of a supercharger?
All I want is to be able to raise my truck up when needed, I would want it ride at about the 2/3 drop height, I wouldn't mind lowering it even more when parked though.
Like I said, I don't want a lowrider and I don't want to lay frame.

I want to KILL RICE! :scary:

I think I will do a 2/3 drop for now.
What would I need to do to give me a ride height of 2/3 but the capability to go higher with bags?
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate any more feedback!
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Sneaky White Person
Tundra
9,765 Posts
fuzzysux said:
just remember that you'll always want to go lower! its addictive! thats why i just jumped into the bags.
i'm pretty satisfied with my 2/3 right now but like he said u will want to go lower cuz i do and i'm bout to. (static)
2k2Xon20s said:
do a 2/3 now, bag it later.
so the best thing would be this. . .

·
Registered
64 Posts
tcg23 said:
I spoke with a guy in town about bags, he said 1500 for parts and 1500 for labor.
3 grand is alot of money, if I had three grand to spend on my truck, I would put it towards the loan not bags.
Question: can you ride with the bags inflated or do you ride sitting on the stops?
What about when I bottom out with bags, how often to bags burst?
$3000 is a pretty good price for parts and labor on bagging a truck. i paid $4000 to get mine bagged and i got a 3yr warranty. yea, you ride with the bags inflated....thats how you get the truck off the ground. you generally will never blow a bag inless it is rubbing on something...like if you didnt cut out a spring pocket enough.

What does a c-notch do, give me the capability to go lower?
yes, it allows for the rear axel to travel higher and keeps it from resting/bottoming out on the frame

I am going to supercharge my truck once the warranty is gone, can bags handle the cornering and hp/torque stress of a supercharger?
yes

and why worry about doing stuff to your truck because of the warranty. screw that...if you wanna do it just do it. your entire warranty will not be void...just the part you alter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i did a 2/3 drop on my x and loved it. kinda sick of dragging the airdam everywhere. now its not low enough and i want it to lay frame so im gonna be bagging the hell out of it and taking the bodykit off. as cheap as a 2/3 drop is and as easy as it is to do. i say go for that then if you want to bag it later, you wont be loosing so much money. you could always resell the spindles and drop blocks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts