S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What?
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting an 02+ RDS style dash bezel for my 2000 so I can install a Pioneer Avic-D3.

Over the years looking at pictures and such, it seems to me that the color of the charcoal interiors (at least as far as the dash is concerned) is not quite the same once they changed over to the RDS style bezels. The RDS's almost seem more "blueish" than the non-RDS bezels do. Has anyone else noticed this?

I just don't want to put an RDS bezel into my truck and it look out of place and not match the color on the rest of the dash.

·
What?
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are exactly same except for radio opening.As far as color...Your not gonna get an exact match between pieces.There is a tolerance in color difference even on same part.99% of people wont notice anyways.I work in automotive molding plant and I have hard time telling difference lot of times.
Yeah, I knew that it would fit. Other people noticing wouldn't really bother me, it's just if I noticed it would bother me since that's what's right in my face everytime I drive. Oh well, I may just try it and see how it looks.

Or you could just paint the dash and fagiddaboudit!
True, but I prefer the stock texture/color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts