S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in a bad spot with my 2002 blazer 2 door. It's 2wd, 4.3 automatic. The 4.3 is shitting the bed, want to motor swap it. I need all the "ins and outs" on suggestions on what to look into buying motor wise, and what it would need to all hook up and run right. 5.3? 350? If so, should the tranny hold up? And what should I be in store for when it comes to computers and shit to have it right. Totally in the blind. Don't wanna dump this truck. It's too clean and looks great. Just want all the info I can get for the right motor swap

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,360 Posts
Couple of things...you need to look at the forum your posting in to make sure it in the correct place. If you want to swap another 4.3...the 262/4.3 forum is where you want to be. All the info you could hope for when it comes to an LS swap will be in the LSx Discussion forum. Unless you have a lot of money, knowledge (or know someone that does) space, and time...I'd stick with the 4.3.

Moved to 262/4.3...for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couple of things...you need to look at the forum your posting in to make sure it in the correct place. If you want to swap another 4.3...the 262/4.3 forum is where you want to be. All the info you could hope for when it comes to an LS swap will be in the LSx Discussion forum. Unless you have a lot of money, knowledge (or know someone that does) space, and time...I'd stick with the 4.3.

Moved to 262/4.3...for now.
Thanks man, new to this forum stuff. I appreciate it!

·
Been there Done it
12,480 Posts
There's guys doing swaps that have for sale good running low mile used 4.3's pretty reasonable. I see them on Craigslist occasionally. FBMP is a place to look, but be careful there. Lots of junk and scammers selling on there, but you might find someone doing a swap that pulled a perfectly good 4.3. I'd avoid anyone parting one out. They're usually doing it because the whole drivetrain wasn't worth fixing.
If you'd rather do a swap go to the LS and V8 sections of the forum and read everything. It'll take awhile, but you'll learn a lot.
One thing I always need to remind myself is that an engine replacement is done when the last bolt goes on. A swap is never done. It's a continual journey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts