S-10 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Hardhead
961 Posts
I remember living in Del Rio when I was a kid. I snowed mildly there once in the four years I lived there and everybody thought that was some sort of event! I'll bet they're laughing about it now!

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Still waiting to get my truck to my builder. Heads were dropped off for porting a couple days ago, we decided on the TSP Tsunami V2 cam (235/240 .629"/.615" 111LSA).

Also decided on the Tremec TKX 5spd and SPEC stage 2+ clutch. Clutch/flywheel scheduled for delivery today, trans just arrive the other day.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
She's gonna rip!

Reactions: XrunnIT

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What ratio setup did you get in the trans?
I went with the .68 5th gear.

Still waiting on the heads to get back, so no real progress yet.

Gonna raise it up a bit, from the 5/7" drop to a 3/5" drop. Also changing out the wheels for the Ridler 606's in grey, and staggered 18x8 (f) / 18x9.5 (r), with the nt555 gen 2 tires. Wheels tires should be here this week.

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just found out that my heads probably won't be done until mid-late april. Apparently Texas Speed is super backed up. Sounds like new orders will take min 6-8 weeks.

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Heads are finally done, now waiting for my buddy to finish up a current project. In the meantime, new wheels/tires have arrived, and also swapped out the seats.

Reactions: mechanic58

·
Registered
1986 S10
106 Posts
I hope you are planning to remove that hood and run it through an industrial shredder.

Edit: I didn't look at page 2 before I made that comment. My bad. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Truck is finally dropped off at my buddy's shop to have my engine worked over, transmission swapped, tuner installed and then get a proper dyno tune.

I'm expecting 2-3 months to have everything completed.

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Finally some more progress, it's almost ready for the street!

Apologies for the low quality, the video was compressed all to hell when I received it. We just received the new alum driveshaft, and waiting on the slip yoke. Once we get that installed, we have to finalize the exhaust, then it will be ready for tuning. At which point I'll grab high quality videos, and hopefully some dyno numbers

Reactions: MyWorkInProgress

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Exhaust added, truck is way quieter now! Now just waiting on the driveshaft.

Reactions: MyWorkInProgress

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
685 Posts
Sweet! I like the tail lights as well, I bet you’re jumping out of your skin to get her on the road finally!

·
13 Sec Taco
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sounds great share the specs!
6.0L LQ4 (long crank version)
Ported 243 Heads
TSP Tsunami v2 Cam
FAST 92 Intake
Holley TB
Holley Term X
Holley Pro EFI 7"
Tremec TKX 5spd
SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch
McLeod Steel Flywheel
SW Long Tubes, high flow cats & magnaflow muffler

Sweet! I like the tail lights as well, I bet you’re jumping out of your skin to get her on the road finally!
you have no idea!! we are loading just a safe street tune on it for now, transmission has a 500 mile break in period before we can load a dyno tune. so might be another month or so before i'll have hp/tq numbers. we are hoping to see around 450whp

21 - 39 of 39 Posts