S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel tank guage goes crazy, goes up and down, empty to full, then actual fuel level, and some time sticks at half i think, any ideas what this could be?

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
My fuel tank guage goes crazy, goes up and down, empty to full, then actual fuel level, and some time sticks at half i think, any ideas what this could be?
Try using the search function...there are literally hundreds of post on this subject.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Almost every s10 ive had or fixed with that problem turned out being a broken or severed wire in the harness.... Usually along the frame around the area of the driver's door, or within a foot or 2 back.... If i recall correctly, its a purple wire. And yea, it literally is you and every other s10 owner lol... Mine works, but my old beater was the same way

·
2000 noma highrider
516 Posts
i had this VERY issue in my sonoma and turned out to be a bad sending unit. I went to the junkyard and go a sending unit and swapped out the sending unit part. My fuel pump was only 6 months old and im not dropping 200 plus for the whole assembly:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost every s10 ive had or fixed with that problem turned out being a broken or severed wire in the harness.... Usually along the frame around the area of the driver's door, or within a foot or 2 back.... If i recall correctly, its a purple wire. And yea, it literally is you and every other s10 owner lol... Mine works, but my old beater was the same way
Thanks ill check it out

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
purple wire is correct

this is a really common issue

if not a bad wiring connector somewhere then the sneding module unit is bad

new ones are $$$$$

but you could tyr a good used one if you can get one dirt cheap but its alot of labor to replace it in a non-pickup

so its your call as to what you want to gamble

if its that bad of a problem for you

personally since its not a pickup and is harder to drop the tank than on a pickup i would probably just live with it until the pump dies and warrants the cost its gonna be to buy a new module

which are around 250 to 350 bucks for these trucks

in which is one main reason why i wont own a 94 or newer truck

parts are too damn expensive for them

i stick with first gen where parts are free or basically free

and i have to agree with rage this is a common topic theres thousand sof posts on this issue if you search real quick then youll find hundreds of posts on this exact issue

also all over the internet, use a google search

have fun

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
i didnt ask for a smart ass remark, dont bother posting unless u helping tool.
Same can be said for you. Don't bother posting if you can't HELP yourself out and search first. Common sense says someone has had this problem before, genius, or should I say tool?

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
i didnt ask for a smart ass remark, dont bother posting unless u helping tool.
So, I'm a "tool" huh? Well, at least I know how to use the search function and rarely need to ask any questions because of it.
I will gaurentee this... I won't bother posting on anything you every ask for here again. your loss!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.