S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple weeks ago i go out and my blazer cranks but will not start. I've had it almos 2 months now and before this it only would not start on REALLY cold days, then would crank but not fire, and finally when warm enough would start no problem.

I got it in the garage and replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil (all of which i had planned on replacing anyway due to high mileage) i also replaced all O2 sensors because i was getting a malfunction code for #3 and figured i would replace them all while i was under there.

I also replaced the waterpump which was leaking out the rear seal, the abs sensor on the drivers side.

SO its been a couple weeks to finally get every thing done and i go to start it now and the starter won't even click, the odometer and PRND321 won't light on the gauges but all other lights come on and my electric fan comes on so i know the under hood fuse block is getting power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated cause i'd like to get this thing running again.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that i checked and the fuel pump is priming in the low 60 psi range

also when i went to start the last time before pulling into the garage when i turned the key to try and turn it over everything went dead. but everything is back on now.

Think its cursed?

·
Registered
239 Posts
sounds like either the battery is dead or maybe has a bad connection

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i'm thinking, but figured i'd get a few suggestions first just incase there is another problem i'm not thinking about.
Thanks

·
2,679 Posts
Sounds like it's time to test your battery cables.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if my batt was goin bad would the dash and headlights/radio work, but the computer not come on at all (hence the lack of odometer and gear selector)and starter not crank?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Bad ignition switch? Might test it. Might check for bad fuses also.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah radio comes on running lights come on. when i turn the key the only thing that doesn't happen is the odo and prnd321 doesnt come on and the starter won't engage

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checked the ignition switch by pulling the column out of my s10 and hooking it up to my blazer harness. Still nothing. Am i missing something? could there be a problem with the body computer?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.