S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on some 235/75r15s and I get some rubbing when making sharper turns. Is there an easy less expensive way to remedy this problem? Trust me, I know its dumb to ask for a "cheaper" option for lifting the truck but I honestly don't even know where to start! Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
You could get a 2 inch lift from rough country for fairly cheap it comes with new front springs,shocks and add a leaf. You could also get add a leafs and spindles instead. All of this isn't super hard to install. Add a leafs are easy and I think spindles aren't too hard.

·
Been there Done it
12,457 Posts
Rubbing likely isn't hurting anything. Just remember not to turn real sharp going over bumps.
My 94 4wd with a V8 and 2wd wheels rubbed for 16 years w/o cutting into a tire or hurting the truck.
Look to see where it's rubbing. On my 1999 4wd when I out 31-10.50's on it they rubbed at the lead edge of the rear part of the fender down at rocker panel level. A few careful whacks with a dead blow hammer folded the edge over and cured the rubbing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like it just rubs in the wheel well so not too serious. I will definitely look into the spindles and extra leaf though

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,613 Posts
2" Rough Country (suspension) is a good idea too because it does give you new springs and shocks. If you were to do that like I did, get the steering stabilizer too. Trust me. Also replace your LCA and UCA bushings with QUALITY parts when you do the swap. Don't cheap out on that. Normally I do my own stuff, but I don't screw with springs. So labor and parts cost me about $1000. Looks good and drives way better. I really need to replace the leafs next. Original 36 year old leafs are sagging a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts