S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just two exhaust clips that I recorded of my bro's truck the other day, figured I would put it here instead of the "exhaust" section since this section is more 2.2 specific and some people might not browse the other sections...anyways, mods/admin, please move if you deem this is the wrong place for this..thanks!

clip of idling and revving a bit, setup on the truck is stock piping until where the stock muffler is, then one dynomax bullet muffler followed by a "y" split and the exhaust is ran out back w/ two resonated tips.
http://members.aol.com/platjblser/vids_exhaustclips/S10-idleANDrev

second clip = 90mph flyby down the road coming by the mic we used

http://members.aol.com/platjblser/vids_exhaustclips/S-10_90mphflyby-exhaust

The clips aren't the best quality in the world and sound a bit different than the exhaust actually sounds, but they give you a good idea how it sounds. We're changing the setup this week most likely and going w/ a flowmaster and a high flow cat or ditching the cat alltogether(off-topic ?..but anyone know of any MIL eliminators for the downstream o2?)
:headbang:

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
sounds like my truck..lol All i have is a flowmaster dual chamber with a turn down, the rest of my exhaust is stock...

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: some people have brought it to my attention that the links don't work/download as html files so here are the new links..I didn't think about adding the .wav when I named them since I'm a newbie to hosting clips/using the aol ftp function

go here and you should find the clips that work..two are of S10's the others are of my 93 Grand Prix SE(3.1 V6) and one of my 01 Grand Prix GTP(stock exhaust..lol did it "just for the hell of it"..3800 V6)
http://members.aol.com/platjblser/vids_exhaustclips/

·
Registered
136 Posts
Links no worky!!! im possibly looking for an exhaust for my truck but want to know what it would sound like before i buy it. So sounds clips of a 2.2 would ne helpful

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JPW said:
Links no worky!!! im possibly looking for an exhaust for my truck but want to know what it would sound like before i buy it. So sounds clips of a 2.2 would ne helpful
they're still working for me and a few friends I just IM'ed to see if they could get them to work...which way are you trying to listen to them..streaming the files or saving them and listening? Anyways, I guess just try it again later since they work for me and everyone I had try them out.:pimp:

EDIT: btw, they're .wav files in case you didn't know and play in windows media player(or any other player that supports wav files)...if they won't work for you..shoot me an email [email protected] and I'll email ya' those two files:D

·
Registered
697 Posts
mfewtrail, that was a pretty clean sounding fly by.

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B'BallZ said:
mfewtrail, that was a pretty clean sounding fly by.
Thanks...the cops stopped me from doing the same in one of my cars to get an exhaust clip:rant: two county cars were sitting at the post office where I was going to start from(it's a little over a 1/4 mile from my house)..there are never any cops in my area so I guess my neighbors finally got pissed off enough about my excessive speeding around my house..lol...I've got a little over a mile long straight directly in front of my house, but it's a 45mph zone..I was going right at 100 when I let off after going by, I think I was at 94mph by the mic.:D I'll have some more clips of the truck soon, changed the setup from a dynomax muffler to a one chamber flowmaster..sounds almost identical but a bit deeper..next thing is eliminating the cat(no emissions...) and putting a resonator/glasspack in it's place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey b'Ballz that exhaust sounds pretty good. So is it a flowtech afterburner with a turndown before the axle? you got any underneath pics of it? thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
i dont have any under truck pics of it cuz it isnt the prettiest sight.
it is turned down right before the rearend, we used the stock hanger (just turned it backwards) to hold it up. i forgot to mention that the sound of the exhaust is with the windows rolled up.

thats cool mustard, i just happen to like the sound better than rice mufflers. i know what the truck sounds like with a rice muffler cuz it had one when i bought the truck. it had a "thermal research and development" muffler mounted like an import. :thumbdown

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
thermal research sound decent, but i dont think it would sound good on an s10. trust me, yours doesnt sound as bad as some i'vce heard(my old cherry bomb turbo muff and no cat with 2 exhaust leaks) but i still like the flowmasters, magnaflow, and borla. the mainstream mufflers do it for me :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
i agree thermal research does sound pretty good. one of these days i'll get a clip of my friends kids civic that its on now. he made dual exhaust out of it. it doesnt have that raspy rice sound other civics around here have. it sounded like crap on the S10 though, it had a deep tone at idle but once you got on it it sounded like ass/rice. i know flowmaster, magnaflow, and borla would have been better but like i said i had this thing sitting around so i figured i'd put it to use. i have to change my cat soon though.
theres an S10 around here that is running open cat, now that sounds awful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts