S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

0-60?

4K views 111 replies 31 participants last post by  zY 
#1 ·
I have a 97 S-10 4X4 (stock) and its starting to feel slow to me. When I first got (2 years ago) it I thought it was real fast. I was wondering how fast yalls trucks are 0-60. Thanks.

#3 ·
maybe you were driving something slower before you bought your truck? dimes arent very fast, stock. um...1994 TBI, bout 8 seconds. 1995 CPI, some mods, bout 4 seconds. 1999 Altima, stock, 3 seconds.

#4 ·
seriously, i dont know 0-60.. 8-9 seconds i am guessing for my ZR2. 1/4 Mile time would probably better reflect how shes holding up.

#7 ·
that was going down a small hill...shes fast as hell, tho. if i was keeping it, id be doing a hell of a lot of mods, probably running in the mid 12's easy. the 1995 probably was a bit slower...never really kept track.

#8 · (Edited)
: Air intake chip, 2 10" Boss Audio subs, 400 watt by 2 channel amp.
Future Mods: Headers, Floor Shift Conversion, Shaved Door and tailgate handles, 4 15" subs, 4 1000x1 amps, Bags, rims (Kind yet to be determined), Fiberglass forced air induction hood (functioning), and Flowmaster 40 delta series:

Youre running 4-5 sec 0-60 with an air intake chip and 2-10" speed magnets?

What chip is this and where did you get it? What was the increase over stock?? 100HP? Now that I think of it, I am not going to go out and buy some ricey 350Z or anything, I am going to get another S-10 but a 2wd this time, chip it, and stomp early 90's carreras, stay with vettes... I cant wait!

Oh... you should add pullies to your future mod list to get in the low to mid 3's and maybe break into the 11's. They seriously do help though:racing:

#10 · (Edited)
I HAD to pre-label it Rice before anyone could light up this place in flames! But I agree:drunk:

Oh, I wouldnt call the old one R**E either...dem are quick if they have twin snails on the exhaust... but I dont want to turn this into the "why are you talking about something other than an S" thread.

Anybody else running 4-5's because the engine thinks the intake temp is colder than it actually is?? At best you can spend more $ on fuel because youre sending more fuel in than she needs...maybe it helped a hair with power but the FI system, correct me if I am wrong, is overall better knowing the real intake temp so it doesnt run rich-

#12 ·
yeah, i see the IAT mod and all that goofy stuff happening...its better to let the computer run the truck based on TRUE readings from ALL sensors, thats what i was designed to do.

#13 · (Edited)
#19 ·
I usually don't post disagreements, but this time i gotta. There is no freakin way any of that altima(stock he claimed) got anywhere near the general vacinity of almost approaching "like 3 seconds." I used to have a Yamaha R6, and it did zero to sixty in 3.1 seconds, and i used to smoke whatever i felt like off the line. And I'm skeptical about these trucks getting 4.0 seconds, though some of them didn't specify a mod level.

#20 ·
i know, i was exaggerating. it is pretty fast tho. and i SERIOUSLY doubt those dimes could beat an Audi TT, which has, as i mentioned, a 6.6 second 0-60 time, stock. tho if i decided to do some work on the car, believe me, i could get it to damn near 3.5 seconds for 0-60 time.

#21 ·
With enough money, anything is believeable. My argument, IS it worth it?

#22 ·
well, for less money, i could make my altima whip the shit out of anything but a V8 powered S-10, and i could probably beat them, too. however, i like the option of adding a large engine, nice, large mud tires, a massive system, and fun truck stuff, which i cant do to the altima. im considering buying another Altima, when my blazer is paid off and finished, and beging working on it.

#23 ·
these times are CRAAAZY 4 secs 0-60 in an s-10 is v-8 territory(most likely pro stock for traction) my vette is around 5.5 and it is ovr 300hp with WAAAY more traction. Not to start the "how fast" thread agian but people need to consider hp\dollar factors when they set goals for there ride. I.E. fastest 0-60 I know of (street car) was 1.9 lingf vette w/ mick's. that hits the shelf at 145,000. OOOOOORRRRRRR an s-10 that can hit the thirteens in the 1/4 for less than 10g's. I am just saying we are not gonna break records but we can go fairly fast fairly cheap.

#25 ·
lol....which is exactly why ill always have a set of truck keys on my keychain. the altima is just a toy. but with $6000 to play with, give me a bone stock altima, give the other guy a bone stock dime (engine of his choice) and when it came time to race, i would whip him. now dont begin the ricer stuff, i love dimes, and the fact that they can move fast, for a big-bore V6, is pretty impressive. and the fact that they can beat a 5.9L R/T Dakota is even more so. i know the dodges arent fast, but wuth a 1.6L advantage, plus 2 extra cylinders, you would think the Dakota would be faster. i was never really into imports till i got this car, and its kinda addictive, but ill still be getting a Blazer to work on this summer.

#26 ·
No offense, but anyone saying that there stock s10 or stock 4 cylinder car is doing less than 7 sec 0-60 is throwing the all mighty brown stinky stuff around.

**** guys, we have nice trucks, but 4 secs?

An f'n 911 turbo does 0-60 in 4.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.