S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 S-10 4X4 (stock) and its starting to feel slow to me. When I first got (2 years ago) it I thought it was real fast. I was wondering how fast yalls trucks are 0-60. Thanks.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
maybe you were driving something slower before you bought your truck? dimes arent very fast, stock. um...1994 TBI, bout 8 seconds. 1995 CPI, some mods, bout 4 seconds. 1999 Altima, stock, 3 seconds.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
seriously, i dont know 0-60.. 8-9 seconds i am guessing for my ZR2. 1/4 Mile time would probably better reflect how shes holding up.

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
0-60 time for me is roughly 4-5 seconds,....

dont kow my ET anymore,... its been about a year since my last run.

·
12,507 Posts
that was going down a small hill...shes fast as hell, tho. if i was keeping it, id be doing a hell of a lot of mods, probably running in the mid 12's easy. the 1995 probably was a bit slower...never really kept track.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
: Air intake chip, 2 10" Boss Audio subs, 400 watt by 2 channel amp.
Future Mods: Headers, Floor Shift Conversion, Shaved Door and tailgate handles, 4 15" subs, 4 1000x1 amps, Bags, rims (Kind yet to be determined), Fiberglass forced air induction hood (functioning), and Flowmaster 40 delta series:

Youre running 4-5 sec 0-60 with an air intake chip and 2-10" speed magnets?

What chip is this and where did you get it? What was the increase over stock?? 100HP? Now that I think of it, I am not going to go out and buy some ricey 350Z or anything, I am going to get another S-10 but a 2wd this time, chip it, and stomp early 90's carreras, stay with vettes... I cant wait!

Oh... you should add pullies to your future mod list to get in the low to mid 3's and maybe break into the 11's. They seriously do help though:racing:

·
12,507 Posts
haha, me too. save money. tho i wont say a Nissan 350Z is anything near rice...least not the new one i saw on the road over the weekend.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
I HAD to pre-label it Rice before anyone could light up this place in flames! But I agree:drunk:

Oh, I wouldnt call the old one R**E either...dem are quick if they have twin snails on the exhaust... but I dont want to turn this into the "why are you talking about something other than an S" thread.

Anybody else running 4-5's because the engine thinks the intake temp is colder than it actually is?? At best you can spend more $ on fuel because youre sending more fuel in than she needs...maybe it helped a hair with power but the FI system, correct me if I am wrong, is overall better knowing the real intake temp so it doesnt run rich-

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, i see the IAT mod and all that goofy stuff happening...its better to let the computer run the truck based on TRUE readings from ALL sensors, thats what i was designed to do.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts

·
12,507 Posts
ah shit....hey....what were YOU doing, browsing that thread? lol

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
0-60 time for me is roughly 4-5 seconds
What do you have an LS1 under the hood? Do you know how fast that is? About all stock s-trucks will pull a 0-60 in the 8-9sec range. High 7s with a few mods.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
:pino:

·
12,507 Posts
yep, a 2004 Audi TT with the 250 hp V6 will only do 6.6 seconds for 60 mph.

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, civil, tho im thinking of minoring in automotive engineering. more than 3/4 of the engineers here are ME.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I usually don't post disagreements, but this time i gotta. There is no freakin way any of that altima(stock he claimed) got anywhere near the general vacinity of almost approaching "like 3 seconds." I used to have a Yamaha R6, and it did zero to sixty in 3.1 seconds, and i used to smoke whatever i felt like off the line. And I'm skeptical about these trucks getting 4.0 seconds, though some of them didn't specify a mod level.

·
12,507 Posts
i know, i was exaggerating. it is pretty fast tho. and i SERIOUSLY doubt those dimes could beat an Audi TT, which has, as i mentioned, a 6.6 second 0-60 time, stock. tho if i decided to do some work on the car, believe me, i could get it to damn near 3.5 seconds for 0-60 time.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.