S-10 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Boozebag
9,922 Posts
Serious progress!
Seats look amazing too and they are MOPAR issue...
Keep it in the family :p

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Not pretty, but pretty solid. Got to fill the relief cuts, seam seal, then spray on the Raptor Liner. Once I get the driver pan buttoned up I should be able to make short work of the underside prep for spray liner.

Automotive tire Wood Art Tire Trunk

Water Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Gas

Eye Water Liquid Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

·
Boozebag
9,922 Posts
I forgot that you changed the rear assembly. Anti wrap is appropriate.
I have a few S10s with similar traction control
I aso have a '68 Camaro 12 bolt with the same "traction control" bar.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The Caltrac type bars I have on my S10 made a world of difference. With these I need to check the rear axle arc on the leaf springs and figure out the best mounting positions for the bars.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Wrapping up the driver side floor pan. Need to pick up some brushable seam sealer so I can prime, scuff, and spray on the Raptor liner. After that sound proofing.

I’m itching to see what the dash and seats are going to look like, so that’s got me working knocking out this boring stuff. I also need to shoot the firewall and inner fenders body color.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Going to pick up seam sealer tomorrow. Looks like I’m going to have to patch a small portion of the driver side rear foot well. At least behind the back seat is in great shape.

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fixture Composite material

Wood Wall Material property Engineering Freezing

Hood Automotive tire Road surface Wood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Picked up seam sealer along with a lifetime supply of acid brushes (paint store only sells bulk). Worked on the car 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, no lunch and just a break to drink some iced tea. Patched driver rear floor, filled in relief seams on trunk patch, seam sealed the floor patches and trunk. Waited an hour, primered over the seam seal, scuffed up the floor, swept and shop vac’d the area, wiped down the floor, masked off bolt holes, pedals and dimmer switch, went to town with the Raptor Liner.

Time for a cold, carbonated, adult beverage.

Grey Wall Wood Rectangle Gas

Road surface Grey Asphalt Paint Wood

Water Hood Window Automotive tire Wood

Automotive tire Grey Line Wood Tints and shades

Automotive tire Grey Rim Freezing Water

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Road surface Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Window Vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Grey

Automotive tire Road surface Grey Wood Asphalt

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,093 Posts
Are those front floors going to be rigid enough without any bead rolling?

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 · (Edited)
Are those front floors going to be rigid enough without any bead rolling?
Yeah, they are plug welded to the subframe, rocker, and this crossmember brace, like the factory pans.

Wood Automotive exterior Gas Composite material Tints and shades

Gratuitous mock up shot. The dash and steering wheel are going to be the icing on the cake.

Vehicle Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Boozebag
9,922 Posts
Looking totally smooth!
I've seen that raptor liner on some 4x4 rigs, it looks pretty brutal.
I am guessing it takes a specific spray gun sort of like the old 3M Schutz guns(?)

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,093 Posts
Reactions: Bennsb

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 · (Edited)
Looking totally smooth!
I've seen that raptor liner on some 4x4 rigs, it looks pretty brutal.
I am guessing it takes a specific spray gun sort of like the old 3M Schutz guns(?)
Thanks!

And that’s exactly how it's applied, with a Schutz gun. I bought the kit with the gun when I built my Firebird and sprayed the underside and wheel wells. It’s held up phenomenally.

I really like stuff, 12-18” away at 70-80 psi and it’s almost like spraying drywall. The bottles are partially filled and you can pour the hardener to the indented line, close the cap and shake, then twist on the Schutz gun and spray until you run out. I used two bottles for what I got done today with two coats. Clean up is easy, I run a little acetone through spraying into a rag then wipe down the pickup tube with it. Then I pour a little more acetone in a container and blow it through a few blasts until it sprays clean.

Nickel Household hardware Composite material Gun accessory Metal

Liquid Bottle Fluid Drink Alcoholic beverage

·
Boozebag
9,922 Posts
EXCELLENT!!
Thanks for the info. I'll be using the stuff on some of my projects.

I had a '71 Nova SS that I did the engine compartment in Zolotone (Automotive trunk paint) There was no such thing as Raptor back then...
Anyway, the stuff was water soluble (which I didn't realize) and rain messed up some of the paint. I had to do the areas over and seal it with semi gloss clear.
The car was Hunter Green metallic and the Zolotone had blue-green and grey flecks in it. It look outrageous. A few of my friends copied the process on their rigs.

Too bad you couldn't source a 340 'Cuda Trans Am engine.
Those trips and air cleaner look crazy.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Too bad you couldn't source a 340 'Cuda Trans Am engine.
Those trips and air cleaner look crazy.
At work there is a mother and son who are there all the time. After talking with them for a few years we started to talk cars when I was building my Firebird. She told me about her 340 Six Pack Challenger T/A that she has had since high school at the farm in Tennessee.

She finally trailered it to Florida and you are right, so cool.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

161 - 180 of 189 Posts