S-10 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Managed to get the rest of the trim to bare metal. The cargo floor was in great shape so not much prep for that piece. Sprayed the gold coffin console satin black as well.

Hood Plant Table Bumper Grille

Plant Grass Tree Outdoor furniture Urban design

Sky Cloud Building Plant Shade

Plant Sky Tree Shade Automotive tire

Road surface Rectangle Flooring Wood Grass

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Wood

Plant Musical instrument Bumper Grass Motor vehicle

Plant Hood Green Grass Toy

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
Trunk letters and emblem off a ‘68/9 Plymouth Fury came in. I was missing a “U” and this set was missing an “L” so I placed a $9.99 bid and was the only bidder. The posts are the same except for the “M” and the ‘66 trunk holes for the “M” are different on the ‘65 trunk... But I can make them work and they aren’t flaking like my originals, just overspray. They should clean up nicely.

I might put the Rocket on my center console, á la ‘68/69 Camaro console. Or on the ashtray... Guess I’ll get a better idea when this stuff actually gets installed in the car.

Wood Citrus Flooring Floor Font

Motor vehicle Gauge Vehicle Gas Measuring instrument

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
The trunk letters cleaned up well. Ordered another “V EIGHT” emblem and refurbished the one I have. Need to paint the inlay of the center console to match the dash trim.

Wood Font Audio equipment Automotive exterior Flooring

Wood Automotive tire Font Flooring Hardwood

Car Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille

Brown Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Hood

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Bumper

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Not feeling like buying an old used trunk divider, I spent the cost of shipping at the hardware store and made my own new one using my rotten one as a template. Turned out pretty well. The old flocking on the original’s back was long gone. I’m using spray on bed liner for durability. The hardware bolted up perfectly on my handmade panel. Going to clean up the trim and hinges, then glue on the new carpet.

Road surface Asphalt Wood Wall Rectangle

Rectangle Wood Road surface Grey Floor

Rectangle Grey Road surface Asphalt Tints and shades

Set the newly cut scrap against the original.
“Like a glove.”

Road surface Asphalt Floor Wood Composite material

Wheel Tire Hood Wood Tree

Wood Sleeve Glove Road surface Floor

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

Wheel Tire Plant Hood Car

Blue Grass Automotive exterior Grass family Tints and shades

Rectangle Road surface Asphalt Grey Tar

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 · (Edited)
The factory ones are wood too?

Yes sir. I thought, “What kind Sanford and Son botch job is this?” when I first saw it. Found out the latches were stock and that the plywood was indeed from Mopar. Turns out the Chrysler boating boom found its way into the auto line. The original ‘64-65 dividers were longer on one side and had stoppers. Some had relief cuts for the spare. The black painted back was 80% covered so wood grain still showed through and flocking material was present on this side new.
Product Rectangle Font Bumper Wood

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
I'm just shocked that they weren't made of some sort of cancerous pressboard. lol
Covid-19 has got nothing on this ride. I’m surprised my driveway isn’t an EPA Superfund Site.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior

Plant Ecoregion Hat Grass Cap

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 · (Edited)
Is the bar on the back of the seat also the latch pins?
The divider latches like house door strikers under the trunk lid hinges. The rear seat bar is spring loaded and latches on catches on the rear wheel wells. Bar acts like a cargo catch when seat is folded down and as a lift for the spring latch “spears” when moving it from the fixed upright position. Two loop end seat belts fastened under the passenger panel keep it held down in place.

Sewing machine Sewing Household appliance accessory Sewing machine needle Sewing machine feet

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gas Tints and shades

Wood Road surface Asphalt Door Composite material

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
I had been looking around for a while for front seats since the car didn’t come with any. After looking at BMW 325 seats and Fox Body to 2005 Mustang buckets, I stumbled on a pair of 2002 Viper seats for sale in town. 2 hours after they were posted I picked them up complete with rails for a deal. Looks like they are going to work out nicely.

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Window

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
It’s too hot for this. 95 degrees and 100% humidity. I think I’ve lost 15 pounds sweating. Oh well, it’s a start on the passenger side. Still have to cut out rear passenger floor and the spare tire well. If I stay focused I can get these in and spray the underside and run my new brake lines and get the engine bay painted body color.

Brown Wood Bedrock Gas Composite material

Brown Wood Tints and shades Water Font

Wood Font Automotive wheel system Gas Tints and shades

Wood Gas Tints and shades Metal Composite material

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 · (Edited)
Those seats are awesome.
I didn’t even consider them as an option, seeing the Mopar tax everyone adds...

The guy selling them was retired NYPD. He said he heard my S10 coming a block away and first thing he said when he walked up was, “What you got in that thing? I know it ain’t stock.” I showed him the LT1 under the hood and the 6-speed.

He was impressed and after chatting invited me into his 4 bay garage building, which had several trespassing signs posted and cameras all over. He said he rarely let people in his garage, but was impressed with my projects. (I had sent him a pic of the Barracuda and he immediately asked what was parked behind it, my Firebird.) Inside he showed me his ‘66 GT350, as well as a ‘65 fastback he was building. His wife’s ‘64 Mustang convertible was parked inside their house’s garage. He wound up with a Smokey Yunick built 289 he was putting in the ‘65. He was impressed I knew who that was. He had the seats for a VW Bug project that was also in the hanger, and decided they weren’t going to work for what he was wanting to do, and he sold them to me for what he picked them up for. A steal after I looked up other ones for sale. Another guy was texting him while we were talking and offered him way more than I paid, but he told the guy, “Nope, I said first come first serve, ain’t holding ‘em for nobody.”

It was pretty cool.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Floor pans looking a little better. The gas pedal cleaned up nice, the brake pedal was well worn and cracked apart removing it. Got a new one to replace it. Going to try to finish the driver side and trunk patches tomorrow. Still have to seam seal, then spray on the Raptor liner, then add sound proof insulation.

Rectangle Auto part Fashion accessory Electric blue Composite material

Road surface Wood Asphalt Gas Composite material

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood Asphalt

Wood Grey Composite material Gas Road surface

Wood Composite material Gas Geological phenomenon Door

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

141 - 160 of 189 Posts