S-10 Forum banner
321 - 340 of 343 Posts

·
Head Lifeguard
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Really not liking how long this is taking, but felt better looking at what I started with compared to where I’m at. I have nice solid metal edges to sand to now. Once the epoxy cures I’ll sand it down and lay down a skim coat of Rage filler to gussy it all up. Then to the driver side…

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Wood Road surface

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread

·
Head Lifeguard
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Fitment is good, knocking down the epoxy. Hand sanding is cathartic for me, just wish it was a little cooler outside.

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Tread

·
Old Fart
4,682 Posts
I had a lot of catching up to do because for some reason I haven't been getting notified of new posts on threads I follow. I have always hated doing bodywork, even more now that I'm older but it will be worth it to have a cool ride that isn't another Camaro, Chevelle, or Mustang. Keep plugging away and it will be on the road soon.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Which epoxy product did you use?
Gray Marine-Tex

Works great on the boats/PWC’s at work in the salt environment. The marina a couple blocks down the street has it in stock so I figured I’d see how it holds up. Fairly easy to work with, sanded down nicely and the Rage filler grabbed onto it nicely. So far so good.

·
Boozebag
10,457 Posts
I thought it might be an automotive product, but generally, marine stuff is much more brutal
I'll give that a try.
Thanks

·
Head Lifeguard
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Got a couple spots to fill and a little shaping around the bottom right deck lid, I can live with my repair result. Thank goodness for a round foam sanding block.

Vehicle Plant Car Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Head Lifeguard
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 · (Edited)
Maybe abbreviate those tailpipes?
Looks like they protrude a mile...
Lol, they look much better with the bumper on. I’m going to weld on some Super Bee tips and get it all lined up nicely with a new bumper.
Car Vehicle Tire Sky Cloud

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive design Rectangle Office supplies Auto part Metal

·
Old Fart
4,682 Posts
It's too bad that there are so many lazy people that do not want to do repairs the right way. :cry:

·
Head Lifeguard
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
It's too bad that there are so many lazy people that do not want to do repairs the right way. :cry:
I bought it for $500 so I’m not mad, I knew what I was in for.

·
Old Fart
4,682 Posts
I bought it for $500 so I’m not mad, I knew what I was in for.
I realize that but it still is sad that people do that sort of thing. My truck has too much Bondo in the roof and I took it to what was supposed to be a reputable shop to get it repaired and 8 months later it was cracking worse than before. I never had the patents to do body work even if my body was in good enough shape to do it now so I don't know where to take it to get it done right. :(

·
time to get cereal
6,988 Posts
It's an S10, you just find another one in the shape you want and swap parts as necessary.

·
Old Fart
4,682 Posts
It's an S10, you just find another one in the shape you want and swap parts as necessary.
Not just any S10, a low-mileage Xtreme that took over 6 months of searching to find. Plus I don't have the time or energy to swap all that to another truck.

321 - 340 of 343 Posts