S-10 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 306 Posts

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Got my brake lines plumbed and realized I don’t have any brake fluid at home. I think I’ll swap a shorter bend from my hidden rear adjustment valve for the rear brakes.

Guess I’ll pick up some fuel line and a filter with the brake fluid. Fuel tank should be installed tomorrow.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 · (Edited)
^^^ x 10!!

Those rear sway bar mounts are ready for a sway bar... ;)
Yeah, I’m going to measure the Mountaineer’s rear bar and see if I can work it out with the rear shocks. After welding the perches, I’m going to cut the anti-wrap dog bones to length to mount them forward facing to allow for proper travel up and down while keeping the drive shaft and pinion off the floorboard when goosing it. Got to install a front sway bar first. Curious if I can make a fat ZQ8 bar work, all I need to do is measure the one on my S10 lol.

·
Boozebag
10,397 Posts
And that aluminum cover is the nads.
Looks great against the black housing. (y)

I've bought 3 for various S10s I have.
The fasteners they provide rust...
Some stainless fasteners would be nice.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 · (Edited)
Yup, already planned on swapping the Allen head fasteners since I’m missing one anyhow.

5 hours later and I have brakes! Had to go back and tighten my lines, then adding fluid turned into a leak chasing adventure. Not going to buy a premade set of lines again, took me just as long as running my own would’ve been and I wouldn’t have had two extra unions this set had. Glad they’re done and working great. Barely press the pedal and the front pads start to bite right away. My rear adjuster will make for some sweet power braking burnouts.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive tire Sports equipment Grey Flash photography Mesh

Automotive tire Water Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Installing the fuel fill tube on the gas tank was about as fun as pulling my T56 out of the S10 without the motor. The girdle cover might give me clearance issues, it sticks out right where the sending unit and supply line go to the tank. Worst case scenario a stock cover will clear. Going to try to massage the tank first. Calling it a day. Vacation’s over, back to work at the job tomorrow. Might plumb the gas lines and install the fuel pump Monday or Tuesday.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Cloud Sky

Automotive parking light Car Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,786 Posts
Installing the fuel fill tube on the gas tank was about as fun as pulling my T56 out of the S10 without the motor. The girdle cover might give me clearance issues, it sticks out right where the sending unit and supply line go to the tank. Worst case scenario a stock cover will clear. Going to try to massage the tank first. Calling it a day. Vacation’s over, back to work at the job tomorrow. Might plumb the gas lines and install the fuel pump Monday or Tuesday.
Work is over rated...turn wrenches.

Reactions: Bennsb

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Got my interior trim in today. My old chrome piece had 30+ years of rust. The Valiant Signet polished stainless were worth what I paid I guess.

Road surface Wood Floor Asphalt Gas

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Floor Table

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
The little things. Going to polish the window crank.
Love those old interiors. Guessing that thing has a bowed headliner?
Yup. Surprisingly the bows that came with the car still have the colors recognizable on the ends for placement. I have to make my own sail panels, but I’m pretty confident I’ll be able to after making the kick panels.

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Unfortunately the girdle cover isn’t going to cooperate with the gas tank. Painted a stock cover to use. I’ll save the girdle cover for another project.

I pressed out and swapped the shock bushings so I can mount the top in the stock location and will bolt the relocation tabs to the Mountaineer bottom spring mounting plates.

I’ll cut the u-bolts to length, mount the shocks and rear end should be done. If it doesn’t take too long I’ll plumb the gas line while I’m under the back of the car.

Blue Azure Office supplies Musical instrument Pen

Blue Azure Electric blue Cylinder Plastic bottle

Azure Musical instrument Office supplies Cylinder Electric blue

Kitchen utensil Circle Electronic instrument Carbon Composite material

Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Tints and shades Vehicle door

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Nothing like doing things twice…

U-bolts cut, rear end cover swapped, shocks mocked up in place. I now have clearance between the rear and the tank, and I’m going to see how the Mountaineer rear sway bar routes. If it will work, I can cheat the shocks out of the way fabricating a new mounting point off the spring plates.

It’s not a cool aluminum cover, but I’m pleased with how it’s turning out. Can’t wait to see what it will look like with a Formula S hi-po exhaust tip out the back.

Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Tints and shades Vehicle door

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bag Gas Automotive wheel system

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Drinkware Bicycle part Rim

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Hood

·
Head Lifeguard
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
With all the work I’ve done to the car as of late I got motivated enough to pull the trigger on a couple big ticket items I’ve been eying for a while; a Borgeson power steering box, and adjustable tubular upper control arms.

Now I can run the driver side truck exhaust manifold and properly align the front tires.

Camera accessory Optical instrument Machine Auto part Metal

Bicycle part Composite material Auto part Font Metal

261 - 280 of 306 Posts