S-10 Forum banner
201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Head Lifeguard
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Tackled the underside today. Tons of caked on sand and mud dauber nests. Thankfully the rear of the car was in way better shape than the floor pans. Got to figure out where to mount the fuel pump and rear brake proportioning valve. Mustang driveshaft should bolt right to the rear end, I’ll just have to swap the input shaft. Just glad the underside coating is done.

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Water Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

Light Automotive tire Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Eye Automotive tire Grey Wood Material property

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Head Lifeguard
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Glad I had the foresight to nab the Mountaineer/Explorer mounting flange. The Mustang’s had a smaller bolt pattern. Swapped it out, waiting on the 457 adapter u-joint to swap in the 727 yoke. (The Mustang’s outside diameter is the same, I’m not sure of the output shaft spline count on the Mustang, but it’s a bigger output shaft. The Mustang yoke spins around over the splines of the 727.)

Off to grab radiator hoses and hopefully leaf spring eye bolts so I can drop the back end where I want it. I used 1/4” spacers on the rear to get the 245/45’s far enough away from the leaf springs.

Crankset Bicycle part Gear Rim Bicycle drivetrain part
Sleeve Automotive tire Bumper Gesture Wood
Wood Automotive exhaust Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Wood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
One thing def... Aluminum radiator looks mucho better than the stocker!
Great progress. Looks superior!

·
Head Lifeguard
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 · (Edited)
What's the eta on first fire?
I’m hoping before Thanksgiving, if weather cooperates should happen. Been pretty motivated lately. I’ll post a video when that time comes.

I need to finish plumbing the brakes and bend the rest of the fuel line. I’ve got to shore up a couple things that are mocked up before I get too carried away and start losing track of pieces...

If I get the jambs and windshield/rear glass pinch weld areas painted I can install the interior and get it on the road while I finish the body work then paint it.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts