Wiring Connector Info - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-31-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Registered Users

Wiring Connector Info

My son has a 1999 S10 4cyl pickup with no options. We were able to get parts and wiring from a 2004 S10 V6 pickup that has air/cruise/power windows/power door locks/tilt steering column. We also got the doors, all the dash and interior wiring, and all air/heat components. The main dash interior harness that we have plugs into 1 of 3 position of the fuse/relay panel under the hood. We want to add all these options to the 99. I would like to find wiring diagram that has all the diagrams and connectors so we can compare the 2 interior harnesses. We have diagrams that we got online, but nothing with the connectors. I have a Chevy OEM wiring book for 1989 trucks that I got from my local Chevy dealer when I put 89 fuel injection on the V8 in my 82 S10 ten years ago. My Chevy dealer says those hard copy book are not available anymore. I told my son we might have to put the 99 interior harness back in and then add to it instead of trying to use the 04 interior harness in his 99. Is there some place where we can get the wiring and connector info for the 99 and 04 S10s? We are also assuming that the 2 other connectors plugged in the under hood fuse panels can be ignored. We work on this every weekend.
Thanks in advance for any info/advice for our project.
Dave C

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-31-2019, 11:33 AM

Re: Wiring Connector Info

About the only place I've seen wiring diagrams AND connector diagrams is in the service manual somewhat like what you had for the 89. They still did print them through the end of S-10 production. eBay has them most of the time. Problem is when you get into post 00 years they get pricey. You might be lucky and find the one book containing the electrical diagnosis section for each year. I think both years were 3 book sets, coincidentally volume 3 of both years contains the electrical sections. I lucked into a waterwarped 99 vol 3 last year for $12 on there.
Here's a reasonable 99 set. Since the accessories were similar both years it may be all you need.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Chevy-...cAAOSw6PxcR~gZ

Here's a link to a 03 set, ouch! Didn't see any 04 sets listed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-CHEVY-...IAAOxyRhBS9ZRf

Don't even consider Haynes, Chilton or CD manuals. Totally worthless for what you are looking for. Only the OEM FSM's have the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page