Do you believe in God? - Page 5 - S-10 Forum
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 132 56.41%
No 83 35.47%
Not sure 19 8.12%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Dude...there's still NO way you can prove ANYTHING was here millions of years ago ,no way to test the rate of decay of these tests for aging things past a few hundred years,that's why they're most often (chose those words carefully just for you sweet-pea) referred to as "theory".

Yeah,it's "hard to prove something doesn't exist when it doesn't"...go back and reread some of the moronic theories you yourself spouted during this thread,all while calling everybody who doesn't agree with you a hypocrite

Brother,I don't care if you chose not believe the Truth,it's your soul,not mine,and it's your right to do so...so why is it SO important to you to make it look like Christians are the morons because we chose to believe different? I see a LOT of that type behavior at my Grandma's friend's daycare center full of 3 year old's...I care not to argue with them either,there's really no point. I've said my beliefs,there's no made-up science you can spout to disprove ANY of em,so that's that.

Warning:EXTREME sarcastic tone follows...
I will no longer believe in anything that happened over 4-600 years ago-thanks to you and exact words you said about the Bible,because I can't talk to anyone who was there,I can only read about it in their fairy-tale/books

Have a nice life,Brother,go wipe your nose,and stop crying about the fact that you can't change my mind on something that is apparently SO important to you. Atheists always strike my funny bone...they spend as much time worrying about God as the most devout Christian I've ever met (in all my travels throughout every state south of Canada,half of Canada,more of Mexico,and 3 other countries thanks trucking and That Man's Army...the point,LOTS of people met). I may come back to read your reply-I KNOW you'll have one,which says LOTS about you,BTW (and yes,I know I replied to you here,but I had to sink to...um...your level first)-but I think I've wasted enough time "kicking the pricks" with you,so have a nice life (and I mean that,I hope you do)


Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #202 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Lol nevermind you right...


Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #203 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Evolution. Such a fantastic desparation tool. It is used by those who are too scared and prideful to accept the TRUTH.. So you want science? Here is what your SCIENCE proves about you evolution friend.. Enjoy.. Such a nice fun read..
"Yet we will demonstrate how Darwinists are more closed-minded than Christians" my favorite quote.

http://www.dissentfromdarwin.org/about.php

http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-...Creation-Story


http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-...anism-problems


"Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose."
^^ Richard Dawkins ^^ oh he was an evolutionists( incase you dont know who he is)

Consider the human brain. The total number of connections in the human brain is around a thousand million. Our three pound brain can think, plan, and contemplate the mysteries of the universe. Its memory can retrieve a name that has been stored for 50 years. How could the human brain have been created by lifeless matter without the aid of any kind of supernatural intelligence? One is free to believe what he wants, but we submit that neither common sense nor analysis supports the idea that complex living systems created themselves from nothing by chance.

Biochemist Michael Behe wrote a book in 1996 entitled Darwin's Black Box, The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution. The book is a landmark work on the issue of evolution.

In the book, Behe explains that the theory of evolution was formulated on an assumption that life was built on levels from simple to complex. That is, the earliest forms of life were simple, and more and more complexity was added as the evolutionary process continued. Further, this assumption said that modern cellular life is simple, and that complex beings were merely combinations of simple cells. But since the invention of electron microscopes in the 1950s, we have been able to look into the cell and see that this assumption, which is fundamental to evolution, is incorrect.

A single simple cell contains as much data as all the individual letters in the world's largest library—that's about a trillion bits of information. We are overwhelmed and awed at chemical coding devices, nucleotides, genomes, neural transmitters, ribosomes, and the other discoveries, which demonstrate the magnificence of the cell. Life at the microbiological level is incredibly complex.

A major reason irreducibly complex systems create such a challenge for evolution is the problem of survivability of intermediate life forms. Evolution says that by a process of minute changes over very long periods of time, organisms were built up. But evolution requires that organisms with each minute change survive, that is, the change must have survival value. In addition to survival, each step in the process must be able to reproduce itself. Darwin himself stated: "Natural selection can act only by the preservation and accumulation of infinitesimally small inherited modifications, each profitable to the preserved being."

I mean come on guy.. I can copy paste this all day and prove your evolution thoery is a desparate attempt to not "give in" to some type of Faith or Creation. Doing something just because your mind says it must be right doesn't make it truth.

A little more for you to continue to read:
http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-...-tree-problems

Evolutionists rely heavily on similarity to demonstrate evolution. Apes have much in common with man, they point out, including their genetic makeup. While apes and humans are similar in some ways, they are very different in other ways. But to conclude evolution is the cause of the observed similarity is a matter of assumption (preconception).

Similarity does not prove evolution, but merely proves similarity. If anything, similarity provides evidence of creation. A fork and a spoon may look similar, but that is not evidence of a common ancestor, but rather is evidence of a common designer using common materials. (14, pgs. 38-47)

Denton is more scientifically critical. He points out that what appear to be similar structures or organs develop from different embryological paths or even different genes. For example, forelimbs appear similar to hindlimbs, but nobody believes that one evolved from the other.

Marvin Lubenow in his interesting book (Resource List) points out a fundamental flaw in the logic of evolutionists. He notes that studies on the anatomy of living primates are used to support evolution. But all of these studies are fundamentally flawed in regard to a rule of logic called "begging the question." In begging the question, one assumes to be true the very thing you are trying to prove.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
 
post #204 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Well actually I care about you. I am told to so I truely do. I don't know you, but I care. I by no means want to come off as some closed-minded Christian prick. I had the same exact beliefs as you did. Less than a year ago. I just hope the above post makes you atleast think and be reasonable about it.

I'm not shoving this at you btw. You asked for proof well I am doing the best I can do. You'll be in my prayers.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #205 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

In all the arguments I have stated and defended with scientific fact and evidence (regardless of what that means to you) what I know to be true but the answers even the most intelligent ones I have recieved to my questions about your beliefes are simply bible quotes or heresay from the bible and not a single stroke of tangible evidence I can throw shit at you guys all day but if you want to believe the simplest answer tends to be the right one go right ahead, but when you pose a question like how do you explain how something so complex came to being then follow it by saying that evolution states that things started basic then became complex over millions of years through a series of minute changes that makes perfect sense to me and none to you. Stromatolites are 3.8 billion years old they are like coral some of the oldest living things on the planet they still exist today one micro organism of that stromatolite + 3.8 billion years of minute changes = complex life 3.8 billion is alot of years thats 38,000,000,000 we have been here 3,000,000 a minute percentage in which time we transformed from ape to man...imagine what could of happened in the other 37,997,000,000 years...


BTW
Sinking to "my" level of intelligent conversation to arrive at an educated conclusion when presented with both fact and opinion, how horrible... Its just common open forum conversation its not a grudge match guy quit getting angry prove your point with something factual and tangible and shut me up? You dont have to get mad and throw a hissy fit as I have not done at all. I have remained calm and rational throughout this entire thread with as proper a tone as you can have with eachother while questioning one anothers beliefes. People discuss things to learn if we all sat around quiet and didnt question anything we would never advance toward anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #206 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Yes well what I showed to you was not me or any religous nuts assumption. It was those of scientists, much like Darwin, who call bull on the THEORY of evolution.

You say minute changes over that long. Yes makes complete sense to me. Makes perfect sense. But does a mindless zombie turn into a human being. It once was mindless. Not even capable of survival. If there was evolution then there was once this.

A brain has to form. Plus are you telling me. A spec of dust randomly turned into life over that long of a time? Did you mean 38 billion years old or 3.8? I would assume you mean 3.8 not 38,000,000,000 < 38 billion. 3,800,000,000 < 3.8 billion. I'm sure you mean 3.8 because the sun is only 4.6 billion years old.

Anyways as you can read in those links evolution makes no sense. It is like saying " how did that turn into that?" " I just showed you bones, are you stupid?" " what do bones have to do with anything?" " shows we evolved" " no it shows that there was once ape like creatures that walked on two legs, nothing more nothing less"

This is the conversation we are having...

Btw I agree with you at the end of your reply. No offence but this is an open disscusion no need to get mad. It isn't chritian like to get mad and bash people anyways.

Edit: million into billion lol sorry.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #207 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Everytime a cell divides it "mutates" into something else. They do this billions of times over and over again the ones that mutate with a feature that is a positive reinforcement to its survival it will live longer than one that has mutated into something thats mutation is harmful to its survival. Thats natural selection on "near" its smallest scale the same thing happens to groups of cells like humans. For instance the like I said the people of the north (europeans) or polar bears for example who lived in snow covered climates were products of natural selection, a sleeping black bear in the snow gets eaten by a pack of rabid dogs while the white sleeping bear in the snow is left unseen thus all the black bears in that area are eaten leaving only the naturally more succesful polar bears. The only reason anyone refers to evolution as a theory is because it is politically correct to do so. Cant hurt anyones feelings. Its only fair that we allow you to believe what you want and not just dismiss it as bullshit openly (which by simply stating it as a fact does that) if we expect you to allow us to do the same (because as well accepting your beliefes disproves mine). Thats not me contradicting myself in this conversation we are having, when you meet in the middle to discuss one must call the other false because they cannot coexist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #208 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Lifted jimmy, thank you for remaining logical. When you presented this just to help you understand how my thought process is working...

"I just hope the above post makes you atleast think and be reasonable about it."

I see something like this...

Consider the human brain. The total number of connections in the human brain is around a thousand million. Our three pound brain can think, plan, and contemplate the mysteries of the universe. Its memory can retrieve a name that has been stored for 50 years. How could the human brain have been created by lifeless matter without the aid of any kind of supernatural intelligence?

But I already know this...





Brain sizes tripled from the time just during the transistion from ape-man to man, this doesnt even represent the prior transistion from however far back you wanna go to the "forrest ape" mentioned, btw homo floresiensis are a hobbit people, a different species entirely from us but of the same genus, that were recently discovered in indonesia they are thought to have gone extinct merely 12k years ago and had a brain about 1/6th the size of ours and were just over three feet tall, but still managed to produce stone tools...

and this...

http://www.dhushara.com/book/unraveltree/life4CK.jpg

Which shows evolution traced back all the way to life erupting from...

The Universal Common Ancestor
Following a phase of biogenesis possibly based on cosmic symmetry-breaking (King 1978, 2004), based on new breakthroughs concerning RNA synthesis (Sutherland et. al. 2009) recent research suggests that the last universal common ancestor (LUCA) of all life on the planet may have arisen from a phase interface between alkaline hydrogen-emitting undersea vents and the archaic acidified iron-rich ocean (Martin and Russel 2003), giving rise to an active iron-sulphur reaction phase still present in living cells and associated with electron transport and some of the most ancient proteins, such as ferredoxin, in which differential dynamics in membranous micropores in the vents managed to concentrate polypeptides and polynucleotides to biologically sustainable levels (Baaske et. al. 2007, Budin et. al. 2009), giving rise to the RNA era, while at the same time providing a free energy source based on proton transport across membranous microcellular interfaces resulting from fatty acids also being concentrated above their critical aggregate concentration.

Which is a "theory" ill give you that, but it always will be we will never be present 4 billion years ago as life erupted from 12 miles down from a volcanic gas pocket, but there sure is shit is a pretty good map that gets us there...

To me its just a little easier to accept all of this tangible evidence worked into theory through examination of mitocondrial dna over the given history of the remains dug from out of the earth, than it is to believe that we were all "magicked" here by some great being 6k years ago who for some reason decided to creat the planet with 4.3 billion years worth of history stuck in its crust like 100 million year old dinosaurs christians have actually told me that they believe dinosaurs roamed the earth 6k years ago and then went extinct... I mean it would be more relevant to simply deny thier existance at all that to suggest than in a flash of light no human record existed of any such creatures when man and dinosaur were placed on the earth at the same time and all species of dinosaur which flourished in all parts of the world immediately were almost completely obliterated from the planet with no ill effect to man that walked the earth at the very same time? The only well call it "logical" way to say that dinosaur fossils exist while assuming that creationism is correct and that the world was created 5-10k years ago is to assume god created the planet with 4 billion years of fossil record in its crust of creatures that never existed wtf would he do that for lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #209 of 537 Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote: Originally Posted by rhygin Missionaries exist for a reason, to spread the word of god? Why cant he spread it himself? Why has an all powerful being directly influenced not a damn thing ever? What purpose does he have if he is absent?


525T:

Christian missionaries go to spread the message out of obedience. Christ followers are the current hands and feet of Christ. Not seeing God does not mean that God does not exist and affect us. God reveals Himself to those with an open and willing heart and mind. God's purpose is not our to put into a little box and control. God created humans to have a relationship. However, God is only pleased by the human's faith. He is a just and perfect God, but also patient and His answers are wiser than our questions. His goal is not to appease our every desire. God deals with the issue of human behavior and sin and can forgive that sin and bring peace and hope, and gives wisdom, security, and oftentimes much-needed healing. Our timing is not Gods, and His ways are above our ways.



This is me again...

Thats all well and good but no where in that very nicely written paragraph is an answer to my question. Its just a bunch of stuff about faith and how great god is and how you are just supposed to believe it.

The point I was trying to make with that question is that these missionaries go out to places they have no business going to and offer help and medicine to people in missions while preaching the word of god. So these poor simple bastard africans that never went to so much as kindergarten and know only work and thier daily way of life as passed down through thousands upon thousands of years worth of generations has been completely thrown away and forgetten because someone gave them some doxy curing thier malaria then tells them a real nice story about the god that granted it to them. Awesome I wanna know this god too. God didnt make that pill more than likely some atheist scientist did. They dont know that though, all they know is a year ago they were dying a horrible death in filth now they feel great have a clean button up shirt electricity and some white person telling them god has all sorts of great shit to offer them...

I just got back from afghanistan where I had meals with these sorts of people, the nicest people youll ever meet cant share a word between you because they dont speak your language and they live in an area so remote that the interpretur cant even understand thier version of his language. Low and behold we give them candy and water one day they are our friends. Taliban walks up hands em 100 US dollars to put the bomb in the ground that nearly killed me and the 38 others we delt with and they pick up a shovel and blow their new friends to shit.

Point is people will do whatever it takes to survive or whatever makes life easiest for them. Especially those massivly under educated people in the parts of the world missionaries visit.

As well as the point I already made about if the missionaries never go there god never goes there. God is word of mouth and that alone.

You might say science is word of mouth as well, as anything that is taught is word of mouth, but science has factual, tangible, repeatable, provable, evidence to support its claims.

If god really wanted people to follow him he could come down once every 100 years or so and do a book tour with the bible creating miracles and proving his power as he does in the good book. The day he does that is the day I become a christian... By your rules this is of course an option for him he can come down or do whatever he wants to we live by his rules, he could have susan summers appear next to me right now and bitch slap me for writing this if he wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #210 of 537 Old 02-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Lifted jimmy, thank you for remaining logical. When you presented this just to help you understand how my thought process is working...

"I just hope the above post makes you atleast think and be reasonable about it."

Which is a "theory" ill give you that, but it always will be we will never be present 4 billion years ago as life erupted from 12 miles down from a volcanic gas pocket, but there sure is shit is a pretty good map that gets us there...

To me its just a little easier to accept all of this tangible evidence worked into theory through examination of mitocondrial dna over the given history of the remains dug from out of the earth, than it is to believe that we were all "magicked" here by some great being 6k years ago who for some reason decided to creat the planet with 4.3 billion years worth of history stuck in its crust like 100 million year old dinosaurs christians have actually told me that they believe dinosaurs roamed the earth 6k years ago and then went extinct... I mean it would be more relevant to simply deny thier existance at all that to suggest than in a flash of light no human record existed of any such creatures when man and dinosaur were placed on the earth at the same time and all species of dinosaur which flourished in all parts of the world immediately were almost completely obliterated from the planet with no ill effect to man that walked the earth at the very same time? The only well call it "logical" way to say that dinosaur fossils exist while assuming that creationism is correct and that the world was created 5-10k years ago is to assume god created the planet with 4 billion years of fossil record in its crust of creatures that never existed wtf would he do that for lol?
I absolutely love this. ( not being sarcastic by ANY means..

I agree what would he do that for.. Plus it is retarded for anyone to say that dinosaurs were here thousands of years ago. I agree there.

Now for the "explaination" to what you ask. With scripture no less
"and God said, let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."Gen1:24.
That was let's say " morning of "day" six.. Aftertoon/evening....
And God said, let us make man in our image, after our LIKENESS: and let him have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."Gen1:26.

Now God does not work in "our" idea of what time is. (I can't find the scripture for it)

Now the "days" I think is a bunch of bull. It didn't not take 7 traditional days as we know it to create all of this. It wasn't a "poof" and everything was made. Much like the Theory of the Big Bang. Although you could tie God into the Big Bang. It doesn't say how God made the Universe. (hint the open-mindedness)

Now in this verse it clearly states that God made man from the land. NOT from the sea. I think this is rather important for the Theory of evolution.
"and the Lord God formed man of the fust of the ground,and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7.

Now in the bible it says absolutely nothing about the world being thousands of years old. And science, a gift from God, clearly states that it is quite old. With the Sun being estimated around 4.6 Billion years old.

Now the Theory of evolution is very fragmented. I say this for assumption of similarities. If something looks the same and it SEEMS reasonable it must be so.

Honestly that 6th day much have been quite a long day. Seeing as how dinosaur bones are dated back what 60 something million years? But again that is calculated on how many rotations the EARTH makes around the sun.

Time in itself if an oddity Mercury,the Planet, has a very short day/year. Our poor demoted Pluto on the other hand has one that is quite long. Pluto IMHO is a Planet.

Now to measure time calulated solely on the Earth's rotation.. Well it's moronic. So that being said I hope you find a new way to look at this.

Your welcome. I try to remain logical and open-minded in these types of conversations.
All honesty I see where you are coming from. The Theory of Evolution is extremely fasinating to me. So is Astronomy.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #211 of 537 Old 02-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by rhygin Missionaries exist for a reason, to spread the word of god? Why cant he spread it himself? Why has an all powerful being directly influenced not a damn thing ever? What purpose does he have if he is absent?


525T:

Christian missionaries go to spread the message out of obedience. Christ followers are the current hands and feet of Christ. Not seeing God does not mean that God does not exist and affect us. God reveals Himself to those with an open and willing heart and mind. God's purpose is not our to put into a little box and control. God created humans to have a relationship. However, God is only pleased by the human's faith. He is a just and perfect God, but also patient and His answers are wiser than our questions. His goal is not to appease our every desire. God deals with the issue of human behavior and sin and can forgive that sin and bring peace and hope, and gives wisdom, security, and oftentimes much-needed healing. Our timing is not Gods, and His ways are above our ways.



This is me again...

Thats all well and good but no where in that very nicely written paragraph is an answer to my question. Its just a bunch of stuff about faith and how great god is and how you are just supposed to believe it.

The point I was trying to make with that question is that these missionaries go out to places they have no business going to and offer help and medicine to people in missions while preaching the word of god. So these poor simple bastard africans that never went to so much as kindergarten and know only work and thier daily way of life as passed down through thousands upon thousands of years worth of generations has been completely thrown away and forgetten because someone gave them some doxy curing thier malaria then tells them a real nice story about the god that granted it to them. Awesome I wanna know this god too. God didnt make that pill more than likely some atheist scientist did. They dont know that though, all they know is a year ago they were dying a horrible death in filth now they feel great have a clean button up shirt electricity and some white person telling them god has all sorts of great shit to offer them...

I just got back from afghanistan where I had meals with these sorts of people, the nicest people youll ever meet cant share a word between you because they dont speak your language and they live in an area so remote that the interpretur cant even understand thier version of his language. Low and behold we give them candy and water one day they are our friends. Taliban walks up hands em 100 US dollars to put the bomb in the ground that nearly killed me and the 38 others we delt with and they pick up a shovel and blow their new friends to shit.

Point is people will do whatever it takes to survive or whatever makes life easiest for them. Especially those massivly under educated people in the parts of the world missionaries visit.

As well as the point I already made about if the missionaries never go there god never goes there. God is word of mouth and that alone.

You might say science is word of mouth as well, as anything that is taught is word of mouth, but science has factual, tangible, repeatable, provable, evidence to support its claims.

If god really wanted people to follow him he could come down once every 100 years or so and do a book tour with the bible creating miracles and proving his power as he does in the good book. The day he does that is the day I become a christian... By your rules this is of course an option for him he can come down or do whatever he wants to we live by his rules, he could have susan summers appear next to me right now and bitch slap me for writing this if he wanted to.
This however makes me roll my eyes.

God does come down. This again God being something that is not for us to be understood.

You want proof. Jesus.. That my dear friend is proof enough.

Sure you are going to say " he was just some man" nobody important.. Blah blah blah. I'll call you ignorant.

It's funny. Everybody wants this proof. Prove me this, prove me that... He has.. Your just too blind to see.

Of and as for your expeirence in afghan I am sorry to hear of this. I'm in the military as well.

Now I have more scritupe. Like you said people will believe anything. What is funny is the fact that.. What do you know... The BIBLE warns of this exact thing.

2corinthians 11:4
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received , or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Now the other gospel.. Evolution, money with a promise of what? 72 virgins?! I mean if I was not knowledgable I would jump on that too. Lust is a strong sin. Very strong... I mean it is anything. False Teachers are not just those who preach things not according to Gods word. A teacher is someone who teaches.

God will not cater to your every need. He will give you or show you just enough. You have to just open your eyes. Open your heart. I will garentee you this. The scientists who you think don't believe. I'll wager 90% of them do. I'll be will to bet the other 10% are telling themselves everyday there is not a God because of greed,or covetousness. They want to go down in history as the idiots who thought they proved the word of God wrong.

Never will happen.

Following God is not doing what every other "Christian" does. It is doing what God pits in your heart to do.
I got a lesson about that tonight. God spoke to me just an hour or two ago. Said for me to trust. Said "I have you chris, trust me and let me deal with what is to become of you." He said "please me, not the world. Do as I say not as those in this world tell you to do."

I'm in the military. Biggest mistake of my life. That's what God told me to give to him. Told me to trust him. So that's what I will do. I have drill tomorrow. God told me not to go...

Now I pray that you will continue to atleast read what I say, as I do you, and be open-minded about what God is tell me to type here.

I understand I will not make you a Christian with what I type. It is immpossible for me to do that. What I can do is plant the seed. Maybe someone else will water it. It's between you and God if it blossoms.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #212 of 537 Old 02-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Look here lol, I really dont want to come off as mocking you or anything and I really dont want to insult you so please dont take this personally...

God is not actually talking to you. You are making this up. It is not real.

All christians say the same thing open your heart accept him, let him in, let him talk to you...

All that means is embrace the lie enough that you are willing to lie to strength it.

If two people subconciously want a quiji(sp) board to be a spiritual link to the underworld one person will move the guide and be afraid as it is also in turn drawn upon slightly by the other...

The "spirit" involved here in this equation is actually just the willingness and desire of each person to want to be afraid or have a connection with the dead in turn making eachother believe that neither one of them are moving it.

What you are trying to do by convincing me to "let god talk to me" is exactly this.

Then ill tell my friend Bob that god told me in a dream it was up to me to show Bob the light that his sins would lead him down a horrible road... etc... You get the idea and the vicious cycle continues...

This is exactly like the foolish, and I will call this foolish (I hope you arent involved in it), talking in tounges when the people shake around like retards because they are possesed by god. This is in now way different than that. You are telling me he speaks to you, they would tell you he speaks through them. Both of you are conciously making the decision to lie openly to the public in an attempt to further demonstrate the power of your god.

Jesus was made up to as far as Im concearned. Theres no proof he ever existed either the single most important being in the histroy of civilized man left behind not a single piece of shitpaper to prove he existed. However king tutenkamen, an insignificant teenage king among hundreds of other far more influential and prominent kings left a museum full of shit. Including his dead body nicely preserved and encased in solid gold. The egytians a much older civilization and beliefe structure than your own believed in a completely different set of gods and were one of there here today would preach to me that they have spoken to them and they were the true creators, just as well as you would about yours.

The difference between religion and science is you believe your creator, he believes his creator, we know that both of you are wrong universally.

What is the difference between religion and magic? Why is it foolish for the wicken(sp) to believe that they can throw fireballs from thin air, but not foolish for you to believe a being that never once in your life will you ever see just created 100 million planets without life no pattern no reason 1000's of ice rock planets im sure theres some reason he created those maybe they are pretty... Religion made more sense before things happened like space travel like before we knew what stars were before we knew magic was bullshit before we knew what was in the center of the earth.

God is not in the clouds nothing is other than water vapor.

Hell is no in the core of the planet hot liquid spinning magma is.

Stars are not your dead ancestors they are exploded suns.

When our sun explodes your god will not be there to save us and your heaven and hell had they ever existed would be vaporized with everything else.

People not even jesus can make a thousand fish appear from thin air. Except maybe chris angel (joke.)

Its foolish. Really think about this lol.

I want you to think about it, not trying to believe religion is bullshit... I just want you to think about religion reasonably without forcing yourself to believe its true anyway just because your faith tells you to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #213 of 537 Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

You know I know it doesnt say that the world is thousands of years old, but I get alot of dates from christians in that time period... Like 525T said 6-10k and my sister and brother in law who is a reverand says 6k? Where the hell does that idea come from, do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #214 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Look here lol, I really dont want to come off as mocking you or anything and I really dont want to insult you so please dont take this personally...

God is not actually talking to you. You are making this up. It is not real.

All christians say the same thing open your heart accept him, let him in, let him talk to you...

All that means is embrace the lie enough that you are willing to lie to strength it.

If two people subconciously want a quiji(sp) board to be a spiritual link to the underworld one person will move the guide and be afraid as it is also in turn drawn upon slightly by the other...

The "spirit" involved here in this equation is actually just the willingness and desire of each person to want to be afraid or have a connection with the dead in turn making eachother believe that neither one of them are moving it.

What you are trying to do by convincing me to "let god talk to me" is exactly this.

Then ill tell my friend Bob that god told me in a dream it was up to me to show Bob the light that his sins would lead him down a horrible road... etc... You get the idea and the vicious cycle continues...

This is exactly like the foolish, and I will call this foolish (I hope you arent involved in it), talking in tounges when the people shake around like retards because they are possesed by god. This is in now way different than that. You are telling me he speaks to you, they would tell you he speaks through them. Both of you are conciously making the decision to lie openly to the public in an attempt to further demonstrate the power of your god.

Jesus was made up to as far as Im concearned. Theres no proof he ever existed either the single most important being in the histroy of civilized man left behind not a single piece of shitpaper to prove he existed. However king tutenkamen, an insignificant teenage king among hundreds of other far more influential and prominent kings left a museum full of shit. Including his dead body nicely preserved and encased in solid gold. The egytians a much older civilization and beliefe structure than your own believed in a completely different set of gods and were one of there here today would preach to me that they have spoken to them and they were the true creators, just as well as you would about yours.

The difference between religion and science is you believe your creator, he believes his creator, we know that both of you are wrong universally.

What is the difference between religion and magic? Why is it foolish for the wicken(sp) to believe that they can throw fireballs from thin air, but not foolish for you to believe a being that never once in your life will you ever see just created 100 million planets without life no pattern no reason 1000's of ice rock planets im sure theres some reason he created those maybe they are pretty... Religion made more sense before things happened like space travel like before we knew what stars were before we knew magic was bullshit before we knew what was in the center of the earth.

God is not in the clouds nothing is other than water vapor.

Hell is no in the core of the planet hot liquid spinning magma is.

Stars are not your dead ancestors they are exploded suns.

When our sun explodes your god will not be there to save us and your heaven and hell had they ever existed would be vaporized with everything else.

People not even jesus can make a thousand fish appear from thin air. Except maybe chris angel (joke.)

Its foolish. Really think about this lol.

I want you to think about it, not trying to believe religion is bullshit... I just want you to think about religion reasonably without forcing yourself to believe its true anyway just because your faith tells you to.
Lol. Number 1 I don't believe in a religion. I think religious nut jobs are hypocrites.

Think reasonably about my faith? I do everyday.
Try and tell myself I'm foolish and convince myself I'm not hearing anything? I try to.

Who says those planets are there just to look pretty? I didn't, God didn't.
King tut? He is preserved. Was a common practice back then.
Jesus? Well if you have ever actually read the bible instead of mocking it. You'd know exactly why.
The sun exploding? Talks about it in Revelations.
Hell being inside the earth? And here I thought you knew what you was talking about all this time. Not on mention of that. Not that I have seen. Nor I have I seen where it says heaven is in the clouds.
The number of planets? Try again. Also no mention that we are alone in the universe.

Ok now the big one( I hope you actually read this far, some reason I doubt you read anything I say.)
God speaking to me.. Maybe,, 2 months ago I would say yea that don't happen. Sorry dude hate to be the bearer of bad news but it does. I can't speak for these other Christians, I just know what I know.
The comment on tongues, honestly I feel your dumb for bringing that up. Only some dimwit would believe those wack jobs. Read the bible it'll tell you what tongues is really supposed to be.
The Egyptian culture older then God? Lol.
Romans believed in multi gods too. It's a joke. Although I would love to believe in it.
Hmm.. You want me to think reasonably... You read what I say and quit being so closed minded. You have WAY too much faith in a science you don't even understand. Your remarks on scientists being atheists. Are you 2? I can bet 90% believe in God. The other 10% convince themselves otherwise. If I missed something please let me know.

I do my research, I expect you to atleast do the same.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #215 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
You know I know it doesnt say that the world is thousands of years old, but I get alot of dates from christians in that time period... Like 525T said 6-10k and my sister and brother in law who is a reverand says 6k? Where the hell does that idea come from, do you know?
Stupid people who are too closedminded to understand science. Real science that is not theoretical. Evolution is not true science. It is just a Theory. A theory that from afar looks to play the part. Dig a little deeper and it has bigger holes in it then a street walking whore..haha. Sorry couldn't think of anything better. But yea I think ignorant people make up those numbers. People who try to fit in. Lost people with the tittle of a Christian. Kinda sad really.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #216 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
Stupid people who are too closedminded to understand science. Real science that is not theoretical. Evolution is not true science. It is just a Theory. A theory that from afar looks to play the part. Dig a little deeper and it has bigger holes in it then a street walking whore..haha. Sorry couldn't think of anything better. But yea I think ignorant people make up those numbers. People who try to fit in. Lost people with the tittle of a Christian. Kinda sad really.

Thank you (for both posts). Not Knowing the eloquent words to put my beliefs into,makes it hard to express em here,but in the last few posts,you hit the nail's head

(And,um...I knew he couldn't resist a smartalic reply to my last post up there,not in his nature )

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #217 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
nva2low
 
briansdime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Exeter nh
Age: 34
Posts: 947

User is: briansdime is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Nope god is made up.when u die you are burned or put in the ground end of story..churches are cults brain washing you with nonsense..live your life the way you want to not .oh its not what god would want, all horse sh!t to me..I'm not worried about being judged like people who believe are..its just something that unstable ppl need to stay happy i guess

Old: bs01xtreme-01 xtreme x cab...sold long gone
Old: bs01xtreme-02 xtreme blaza blue 20" structures
briansdime-00 x cab ..fbss, lrd 6link, doms, 18" coy c-56
full custom interior
04 blazer 4dr stock

Project below: living up to my plate
https://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/pr...-plate-466866/
briansdime is offline  
post #218 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I really dont understand how you can mock people saying that god is talking through them by calling them retarded and shit...

You saying that you talk to god in your head thats completely rational but the super being taking over your speach patterns thats just foolish.

And read back to 525T's second post he quote the bible about god being amongst the clouds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #219 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I have read everything you have written btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #220 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
(And,um...I knew he couldn't resist a smartalic reply to my last post up there,not in his nature )
Alright I am tired of your mindless shit. Its not a smart aleck reply, its a response ass bag. I don't go around getting told about my ass by some undereducated whiny old prick and then walk away like a retard with my tail between my legs. I am smarter than you are. I always will be smarter than you are. No amount of school will ever grant you enough knowledge to make up for your lack of intelligence and I will always be smarter than you. Can you understand this? I'm done with you, go **** yourself, you are incapable of having an adult conversation you ****ing child. From this point on consider yourself ignored. BTW just to do the same dumb **** thing that you do to me every time you write some god awful ****ing useless rant thing directed at me, bet you cant go without coming up with some "smart aleck" response not in your nature , must suck to be unemployed.

Now that is how you drop to someones level.

If anyone else has anything intelligent to say please continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #221 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
I have read everything you have written btw.

thank you for atleast reading...

to the other guy that posted, ok..

Look i worship God, You worship something else, if it be money, sex, some girl, science, whatever the case my be EVERYONE runs thier life based on SOMETHING OR SOMEONE.

if you want to listen to what the WORLD tells you is right then by all means you go and do that, you will not have true happiness. I know, i used to be there. I was the one straight up saying everything yall say. stressed about everything, depressed if you admit it or not everyone is.

you can say what you want, that is fine. You can call me foolish or whatever you want to call me. You dont hurt me, you hurt yourself. Im not trying to preach to you or nothing but thats just the way it is.

I will ask you one thing. Why is it that everyone, not matter who you think they are, when they are afraid for thier life, they start to pray? You living your life in a lie because your afraid of your ego or pride im sorry. It says in the bible that the children of God will be HATED.

Stop worrying about what everyone else is going to think of you. dont worry about what your girlfriend is going to say, your friends. Dont let them drag you down.....

Stop tonight and think. what would it hurt me physically or mentally for me to pray, to read the bible, to better my life. To HEAR THE WORDS OF GOD! Dont be afraid bro. There is more of you than you think... There is even more of you that deep down wish for God to be real but are too afraid that someone is going to think differantly of you. Or call you a pussy. Or maybe you have too much pride. Whatever the case may be soul search. For real... Ill be praying for you.

Jesus Loves you.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #222 of 537 Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Alright I am tired of your mindless shit. Its not a smart aleck reply, its a response ass bag. I don't go around getting told about my ass by some undereducated whiny old prick and then walk away like a retard with my tail between my legs. I am smarter than you are. I always will be smarter than you are. No amount of school will ever grant you enough knowledge to make up for your lack of intelligence and I will always be smarter than you. Can you understand this? I'm done with you, go **** yourself, you are incapable of having an adult conversation you ****ing child. From this point on consider yourself ignored. BTW just to do the same dumb **** thing that you do to me every time you write some god awful ****ing useless rant thing directed at me, bet you cant go without coming up with some "smart aleck" response not in your nature , must suck to be unemployed.

Now that is how you drop to someones level.

If anyone else has anything intelligent to say please continue.
I think you just proved my point,numbnutz,and BTW,REAL easy to talk smack behind your PC...Christian or not,we BOTH know you wouldn't say it in person,least not more n once .

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #223 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

BTW,I'm not "unemployed",I'm retired,and did it at only 11 years older than your young self,lets see if you're intelligent enough to pull that off . If I choose to go back to work,I guarantEE I make more than you have,but that isn't because I'm better at it,it's because I pulled my time and had an earlier start. BTW #2,I'm SO glad I earned a purple heart for snot-nosed little prick know-it-all's like you,I really am. And glad I did it because I cared about my country and it's peeps,not because I had to.

Your intelligence? I think you proved that by the fact you can't even let a G rated remark slide by without acting just like a 3 year old. You "don't walk away with your tail tucked like a retard"? You'd have a harder time proving that than you would that anything on earth is billions of years old. You remind me of some wanna-be bully from middle s'kool,lil-brother. It won't be me taking a run up to WA to shut your big mouth(still holding a valid CDL and the title to a rig,I'd actually get paid to go...BUT...I may be a newly converted Christian,still likely to let a sin slip in,but I'm trying...),but you know wat every wanna-be middle s'kool bully has in common? They all talk smack to the wrong person one day an get their hind-end's beat all to hell...

You talk about how ignorant someone is for believing in God because they read about Him in a book,or heard about him by a teacher? Sooooo...I suppose you invented a time machine and went back yourself to test all these scientific theories...yourself...oh wait! You read em in a book,or heard em from a teacher

No,your not only a hypocrite,you're an immature one who can't control his anger,even at a G RATED reply.

You are right about something though...my knowing exactly what you were,I shoulda kept my comments to myself,I knew you weren't capable of NOT stooping to a 3rd grade level.

And I concede it's entirely possible for you to have had more edumication than I have,though I do hold 2 bachelor's degrees from VT...obviously NOT in science,LOL,but yeah,there's always someone smarter,and that doesn't offend me,that could be you...WHOOPTY DO I'd STILL earn more than you,I STILL have medals earned you never will,and I STILL haven't stooped to the level of losing my temper and resorting to making something vulgar and personal (OK...I'm borderline here,but I digress).

Sorry I hurted your wittle feelings so bad,Jr,I won't do it again,the mean old truck driver apologises to the whippersnapper,so go on and get you a piece of hard candy to suck on.

Just so ya know,my lack of a grand ol well researched reply from the start was the simple fact that I am a newly converted Christian,and haven't the knowledge of the Bible to make as intelligent an argument as some of these other guys...which means,I shoulda kept my mouth shut I suppose. It's the trucker in me,sorry

BTW,this isn't a smartalic reply,it's a response,and forget that remark I made about the candy,I just remembered,you're 3 yearsold enough to,gorsh,buy beer!

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #224 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

<--- newly converted as well

Just tonight i had our new pastor pray with me at the altar for some things i have been dealing with and 100% truly accepted Jesus into my Heart.

Speaking your mind and defending your Faith was a good thing. Keep on doing it. If you haven't already start reading John. Outstanding Book.

I have no knowledge, I just type what Jesus puts in my heart. My message might not be torhygin but it will be taken to heart or heard by someone who has been searching to fill that void inside of them.

Be slow to anger bro. it for one is unhealthy. two be like Jesus. now i know you dont beleive in Jesus, and think he is made up. But then again why would the majority of the world give their life for some Mother Goose type fairy tale? then again i guess we all wanna be like the ugly duckling dont we?

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #225 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

lol changed font on me...sorry bout that.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #226 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Registered Minitrucker
 
LeRoy_921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Columbia, Mo
Age: 30
Posts: 394

User is: LeRoy_921 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

How many of you have seen this "god" with your own two eyes or been touched by him? On a side note, if in your prayers you have spoke to god in you head or through another form of telecommunication, you might want to seek professional help for those voices. I believe schizoaffective disorder is not a sin you can rid at the confessional. I am an atheist. I do not praise a higher power due to a lack of physical evidence.

In the words of the leader of French Realist movement, Gustave Courbet, "Show me an angel, and I'll paint you one."

It is impossible to debate relegion with people that can't understand the concept of reality and would rather rely on "the unexplainable" truths held in an outdated book. As stated before, how many of you know that the bible (and I choose not to capitalize the "b" for lack of respect, not ignorance of the english language) is based off of Greek, Roman, and even Egyptian morals, ideas, and stories??? Don't even get me started on Noah's Arc or half the other bed time stories in that crooked ass book. Do you really expect me to believe ONE man built a boat and herded a pair of each type of animal onto it to survive a great flood? Did "god" talk to all the animals and tell the lions not to eat the impalas until they survived the flood and reproduced? And before I get called a "snot-nosed little prick" I AM ALSO A UNITED STATES MILITARY VETERAN. Fighting in a war over oil and masking it as a "war on terrorism" has not granted me the right to boast my accolades and look down on those without my same beliefs. No disrespect, and I thank you for fighting along side of me, but I CAN NOT stand when fellow veterans use their medals as badges of higher knowledge and to boost self worth and respect. We both fought in the same war, but are your ideas and beliefs of more value because I didn't earn a purple heart???

***2004 BAGGED BLAZER X FOR SALE*** pm if interested 67k, F/B setup, 20's, STILL HAS REAR SEATS
LeRoy_921 is offline  
post #227 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Be closed minded all you want bro. the only thing i hear is ohhh you dont talk to God your stupid your dumb. blah blah blah.

You want to drag what i beleive through the Dirt? Ok go ahead tell me EXACTLY what you belive and why....Not rhygin. I understand where he comes from i was there. I want something else other then " you dont talk to him you idiot" or "EVOLUTION!!!" Dont want to sound like a prick either but im talking to leroy now... Dont mean to call you out B but it is what it is. I'm curious to hear your side of the arguement.. other then ignorance.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #228 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Registered Minitrucker
 
LeRoy_921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Columbia, Mo
Age: 30
Posts: 394

User is: LeRoy_921 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Ignorance. Thats a bold statement for someone that still has not shown me physical evidence of any form of god or brought to the table some type of actual proof that he/she/it ever has or ever will exist. Do I show characteristics of ignorance because I don't agree with what you have to say? I stated my side of the argument in my previous post, if you did in fact read all of it. THERE IS NOT CURRENTLY, NOR EVER WILL BE PHYSICAL PROOF OF A HIGHER POWER. I do not look down on anyone for their believes, and I will not ever. My entire family is a christian in one form or another and even my two best friends are full blown god fearing by the book bible thumping christians.

You want to know MY beliefs? I believe we live, we die, the world moves on. The only thing left behind by an individual after death is their legacy. You do not pass and go into the ground and then your soul spends the rest of eternity in a heaven or hell. SHOW me this world I have never seen. Furthermore, if there is a heaven or hell, who can prove it? How many people do you know have died and came back to life to tell you how hot hell was or of the spoils you recieve in heaven? Only a dead person (that can not communicate with our world) truly knows what happens once your body stops functioning. Of course we will never know if the bible is right because no one has lived through the bibles heaven or hell to tell us about it. Furthermore, if you believe in christianity and I believed in one form or another of Islam, do you believe that by me killing you I recieve riches and virgins in the after life? How many of you christians laugh at the idea of the Islam religion or the Romans believing in multiple gods? YOU have the freedom to believe whatever YOU want because modern society allows you to, and so do I.

Bottom line, I am a honest, trustworthy, good person that does not need a book to define my morals or tell me how to function properly day to day. I believe we are all born on this planet to live, die, and play our part to improve society the best we can. I do not need a belief in a higher power to cure my fear of the unknown.

***2004 BAGGED BLAZER X FOR SALE*** pm if interested 67k, F/B setup, 20's, STILL HAS REAR SEATS
LeRoy_921 is offline  
post #229 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Registered Minitrucker
 
LeRoy_921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Columbia, Mo
Age: 30
Posts: 394

User is: LeRoy_921 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

This all great topic for debate, but in all honesty, neither side is ever going to change the mind of the other. Sure a few none believers may decide its time to believe, and (like myself) many believers will just move on and decide that believing in a higher power simply is not for them. Just the same as me telling you, you're going to die and then rot and thats the end; you telling me I shall burn in hell for not believing and will face my fate at the gates, is just as idiotic sounding to myself.

No one here is wiser or better than another based upon what they believe, at the end of the day it is up to you to decide wether or not you can live with your beliefs.

***2004 BAGGED BLAZER X FOR SALE*** pm if interested 67k, F/B setup, 20's, STILL HAS REAR SEATS
LeRoy_921 is offline  
post #230 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy_921 View Post
No one here is wiser or better than another based upon what they believe, at the end of the day it is up to you to decide wether or not you can live with your beliefs.
You know what,that makes buttloads of sense. As did some of the other things you'd said (at 3AM having been up over 30 hours,didn't feel like multi-quoting,so...),speaking of some directed specifically at me.

Looking back,I have let emotions (some of which didn't even have anything to do with here...) take over,and for what they're worth,apologies (sincere ones),are offered to you,rhygin,for MY behaving like a schoolyard little snot nosed kid,if you're willing to accept em. If not,they're there anyways,and I won't be poking the stick at you anymore either.

And I HAVE to make a respectful comment...no on has ever proved we die and that's it either...BOTH are impossible to prove,afterlife or none

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #231 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

yea, all in all. great topic though.. dont mean to get personal. we are all ignorant to each other. I'm not saying your going to "burn" for anything though. I'm not.. My God's words say that.

I will pray though.... Ill say this just for you....Ill pray just to be "safe"? i have my Faith though, You have your worldly things. Like i said these comments might not be intended for y'all. might be someone random who stumbles upon this with some thought in thier mind about it. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. Its up to God to know, not us.
I do hope to be friends though and this not strike a nerve to anyone or anyone to dislike me. At the end of the day we are on the S10 forums. I wont think differantly about anyone for what they believe. It isnt up to me to judge anyone. Its all about Jesus. Goodnight....

a little off topic i just watched Paranormal Activity, the first one... Was pretty creepy movie lol.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #232 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
yea, all in all. great topic though.. dont mean to get personal. we are all ignorant to each other. I'm not saying your going to "burn" for anything though. I'm not.. My God's words say that.

I will pray though.... Ill say this just for you....Ill pray just to be "safe"? i have my Faith though, You have your worldly things. Like i said these comments might not be intended for y'all. might be someone random who stumbles upon this with some thought in thier mind about it. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. Its up to God to know, not us.
I do hope to be friends though and this not strike a nerve to anyone or anyone to dislike me. At the end of the day we are on the S10 forums. I wont think differantly about anyone for what they believe. It isnt up to me to judge anyone. Its all about Jesus. Goodnight....

a little off topic i just watched Paranormal Activity, the first one... Was pretty creepy movie lol.
If you're talking to me,Jimmy (Chris),we share he same faith in the same God from the same Bible (though I was sucking pretty hard at it here )

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #233 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
If you're talking to me,Jimmy (Chris),we share he same faith in the same God from the same Bible (though I was sucking pretty hard at it here )
I'm not. I think I was, but not where you think I was maybe. Honestly I don't know. That was way late last night.
I didn't mean that for you though. Just was an in general statement.


Edit:after reading what I wrote, no that was not directed towards you. Lol sorry. But I agree. There is, I guess, no "proof" in a sense to either side of the story.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #234 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
I'm not. I think I was, but not where you think I was maybe. Honestly I don't know. That was way late last night.
I didn't mean that for you though. Just was an in general statement.


Edit:after reading what I wrote, no that was not directed towards you. Lol sorry. But I agree. There is, I guess, no "proof" in a sense to either side of the story.
That's cool,Brother And yeah,that no proof,combined with passionate-for-their beliefs peeps on either side...therein lies the problem here. I regret being so immature myself. Never would I ever "tuck tail" and run-in person or over the i-net,but I was...being a butthole towards Rhygin,just because he was passionate about a different belief than mine,all the while calling him a hypocrite for the very thing I was doing ...wasn't being a very good example of what I was adamantly professing to believe,was I? Well hey,not an excuse,but He's still working on me

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #235 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered User
 
bagged94s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 663

User is: bagged94s10 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
I think you just proved my point,numbnutz,and BTW,REAL easy to talk smack behind your PC...Christian or not,we BOTH know you wouldn't say it in person,least not more n once .

Thats not very "Christian" like of you to say.....

Quote: Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1
I did take sex ed in school, and they did not teach me or show me how to wash my dick.



94 Chevy S10
Http://www.streetsource.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=49500
bagged94s10 is offline  
post #236 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged94s10 View Post
Thats not very "Christian" like of you to say.....

Firstly,let me refer you to my post right above yours,secondly,never said I was perfect ...but I think "Numbnutz" was a little light compared to...his rant

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #237 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
bagged94s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 663

User is: bagged94s10 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
Firstly,let me refer you to my post right above yours,secondly,never said I was perfect ...but I think "Numbnutz" was a little light compared to...his rant
I know I know lol, I posted the quote before I read the rest of the posts lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1
I did take sex ed in school, and they did not teach me or show me how to wash my dick.



94 Chevy S10
Http://www.streetsource.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=49500
bagged94s10 is offline  
post #238 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Well glad to see we can be friendly at least, toward one another.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #239 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
BTW,I'm not "unemployed",I'm retired,and did it at only 11 years older than your young self,lets see if you're intelligent enough to pull that off . If I choose to go back to work,I guarantEE I make more than you have,but that isn't because I'm better at it,it's because I pulled my time and had an earlier start. BTW #2,I'm SO glad I earned a purple heart for snot-nosed little prick know-it-all's like you,I really am. And glad I did it because I cared about my country and it's peeps,not because I had to.

Your intelligence? I think you proved that by the fact you can't even let a G rated remark slide by without acting just like a 3 year old. You "don't walk away with your tail tucked like a retard"? You'd have a harder time proving that than you would that anything on earth is billions of years old. You remind me of some wanna-be bully from middle s'kool,lil-brother. It won't be me taking a run up to WA to shut your big mouth(still holding a valid CDL and the title to a rig,I'd actually get paid to go...BUT...I may be a newly converted Christian,still likely to let a sin slip in,but I'm trying...),but you know wat every wanna-be middle s'kool bully has in common? They all talk smack to the wrong person one day an get their hind-end's beat all to hell...

You talk about how ignorant someone is for believing in God because they read about Him in a book,or heard about him by a teacher? Sooooo...I suppose you invented a time machine and went back yourself to test all these scientific theories...yourself...oh wait! You read em in a book,or heard em from a teacher

No,your not only a hypocrite,you're an immature one who can't control his anger,even at a G RATED reply.

You are right about something though...my knowing exactly what you were,I shoulda kept my comments to myself,I knew you weren't capable of NOT stooping to a 3rd grade level.

And I concede it's entirely possible for you to have had more edumication than I have,though I do hold 2 bachelor's degrees from VT...obviously NOT in science,LOL,but yeah,there's always someone smarter,and that doesn't offend me,that could be you...WHOOPTY DO I'd STILL earn more than you,I STILL have medals earned you never will,and I STILL haven't stooped to the level of losing my temper and resorting to making something vulgar and personal (OK...I'm borderline here,but I digress).

Sorry I hurted your wittle feelings so bad,Jr,I won't do it again,the mean old truck driver apologises to the whippersnapper,so go on and get you a piece of hard candy to suck on.

Just so ya know,my lack of a grand ol well researched reply from the start was the simple fact that I am a newly converted Christian,and haven't the knowledge of the Bible to make as intelligent an argument as some of these other guys...which means,I shoulda kept my mouth shut I suppose. It's the trucker in me,sorry

BTW,this isn't a smartalic reply,it's a response,and forget that remark I made about the candy,I just remembered,you're 3 yearsold enough to,gorsh,buy beer!
Oh go **** yourself lol, I read that very sweet little appology you sent me in a PM and now all this BS. WTF ever dude.


BTW you arent special you didnt do shit for me that I didnt do for you...

And you and I both know it doesnt require intelligence to retire from the military. Yes I will btw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #240 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered Minitrucker
 
LeRoy_921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Columbia, Mo
Age: 30
Posts: 394

User is: LeRoy_921 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
And I HAVE to make a respectful comment...no on has ever proved we die and that's it either...BOTH are impossible to prove,afterlife or none
That is very well stated. There is no proof of what happens when life as we know it ends. We truly do not know if there is or is not an "afterlife" or if you just pass and thats the end. Very true.

And to Lifted Jimmy 96, I have this debate with my two best friends on a daily basis as well as with many other family members and friends and you honestly have been the most politically correct and well versed person I have ever debated this with. Not only did you search for other answers from my side (asking for something besides evolution etc.) but you also brought up great points from your beliefs as well, that weren't the common "its your fate, and your going to burn in hell because the good book says so". I also thank you for your prayers and IF "the other side" does exist, I'll be the first to shake your hand and you can say "I told you so".

***2004 BAGGED BLAZER X FOR SALE*** pm if interested 67k, F/B setup, 20's, STILL HAS REAR SEATS
LeRoy_921 is offline  
post #241 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

No hell laugh at you on your way down to hell non believer lol. JK lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #242 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy_921 View Post
That is very well stated. There is no proof of what happens when life as we know it ends. We truly do not know if there is or is not an "afterlife" or if you just pass and thats the end. Very true.

And to Lifted Jimmy 96, I have this debate with my two best friends on a daily basis as well as with many other family members and friends and you honestly have been the most politically correct and well versed person I have ever debated this with. Not only did you search for other answers from my side (asking for something besides evolution etc.) but you also brought up great points from your beliefs as well, that weren't the common "its your fate, and your going to burn in hell because the good book says so". I also thank you for your prayers and IF "the other side" does exist, I'll be the first to shake your hand and you can say "I told you so".
Thank you. I just have the advantage of having been on both sides I guess. I lived the long life of a non believer.
Starting over a new life with Jesus, best choice I have ever made in my life.
I am on the grind to better myself, and if I can have some actually listen, and that person respect that I believe the way I do now, that is a wonderful feeling.
I just hope I don't become someone close minded. So pray for me as well. There won't be any "I told you so's" just love and happiness.
Lol

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #243 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Just so you know, personally I fully respect your beliefs and don't think your stupid for believing them. I just enjoy the conversation it always makes for good back and forth. I admire the moral em-betterment that christianity involves at its core and truly believe it is a good thing. It gives people a reason to wake up and lead a good life, a reason not to just kill themselves as their life would otherwise simply end later either way a forgotten hunk of carved granite, all sorts of happy horse shit. It gives good guidelines to lead an honest life. However, I dont think people are naturally better because of religion, there are plenty of christian dirt bags out there as well, I do think its definitely a positive influence on the lives of millions. I pride myself in leading an honest life without guidance or reason, but fully respect the path you have chosen. I hope I dont come off any other way If I do im probably just joking so please dont take offense to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #244 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Oh go **** yourself lol, I read that very sweet little appology you sent me in a PM and now all this BS. WTF ever dude.


BTW you arent special you didnt do shit for me that I didnt do for you...

And you and I both know it doesnt require intelligence to retire from the military. Yes I will btw.

Um...ya misunderstood,I pulled my tour in the Army,but I didn't didn't reup,I meant I retired from civilian work. I was 11B,and also certified 12B,13th Infantry Reg,FWIW,then drove/owned long haul trucks for 13 or so years (everything from heavy haul-flat beds-reefers-dry vans-etc,everything but tanks),and cool on the PM received.

BTW,if that's your license,you have more than my apologies,you just earned more respect even than I was trying to show with the apologies. Have a good night,Brother,and like I said,I still believe in what I believe,but am really sorry I showed such disrespect for your beliefs,you,nor anyone else here will have that happen from this "ol timer" (said with tongue in cheek) again,least not from this Olskooler

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #245 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Alright peace be kept. We are cool. It is my plate Dont even get free registration in this state bastards. 12B as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #246 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Just so you know, personally I fully respect your beliefs and don't think your stupid for believing them. I just enjoy the conversation it always makes for good back and forth. I admire the moral em-betterment that christianity involves at its core and truly believe it is a good thing. It gives people a reason to wake up and lead a good life, a reason not to just kill themselves as their life would otherwise simply end later either way a forgotten hunk of carved granite, all sorts of happy horse shit. It gives good guidelines to lead an honest life. However, I dont think people are naturally better because of religion, there are plenty of christian dirt bags out there as well, I do think its definitely a positive influence on the lives of millions. I pride myself in leading an honest life without guidance or reason, but fully respect the path you have chosen. I hope I dont come off any other way If I do im probably just joking so please dont take offense to it.
Haha yea those Christian dirt bags you refer to have a name. A hypocrite they also are not Christians if they are dirtbags. Just thought I would put that out there. Lol.

You may live a life without "guidance" but I guarantee there is a reason. Anything from your truck, you girl, family, job, money, etc. We all "worship" something. You may not get on your knees and pray, but something has a driving force in your life. If not then you would be a mindless bum. Although from your tag maybe it is your country. I hate the army, but it just is not for everyone.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #247 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Registered Minitrucker
 
LeRoy_921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Columbia, Mo
Age: 30
Posts: 394

User is: LeRoy_921 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
Thank you. I just have the advantage of having been on both sides I guess. I lived the long life of a non believer.
Starting over a new life with Jesus, best choice I have ever made in my life.
I am on the grind to better myself, and if I can have some actually listen, and that person respect that I believe the way I do now, that is a wonderful feeling.
I just hope I don't become someone close minded. So pray for me as well. There won't be any "I told you so's" just love and happiness.
Lol
I feel its almost better to be on both sides of the fence at one point in life. I am a former believer that just began to question religion as a whole, when I seen the corruption, flaws, and hypocritical nature of some of the "faiths" around me. I do not believe in a higher power now, but I still bare a cross on my left arm that says "Only God can Judge Me". I do not try to hide my tattoo or regret getting it and when other atheists ask about it I just reply, "My stance now is backed upon the basis of knowing both sides and choosing the one that I am more comfortable with and feel most logical for what I believe in."

***2004 BAGGED BLAZER X FOR SALE*** pm if interested 67k, F/B setup, 20's, STILL HAS REAR SEATS
LeRoy_921 is offline  
post #248 of 537 Old 02-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy_921 View Post
I feel its almost better to be on both sides of the fence at one point in life. I am a former believer that just began to question religion as a whole, when I seen the corruption, flaws, and hypocritical nature of some of the "faiths" around me. I do not believe in a higher power now, but I still bare a cross on my left arm that says "Only God can Judge Me". I do not try to hide my tattoo or regret getting it and when other atheists ask about it I just reply, "My stance now is backed upon the basis of knowing both sides and choosing the one that I am more comfortable with and feel most logical for what I believe in."
Sorry to hear you lost your faith.
You really shouldn't base your faith upon other (unless I misunderstood?).
I will say that religion is all those things you mention. I look at it as this:
How is God working in my life?
How am I sure I am doing what God wants me to do?
What can I do to better myself, to be more like Jesus.
WWJD?
Just so on and so forth. I see someone do something that I believe they shouldn't, then I will try to help them.
I always base it between God and I. I try to not let anyone influence me, but of course we a very far from perfect as Human Beings.

I heard a preacher once say " Your not perfect, so quit trying do hard to be something you can't be. Just do what God tells you."
Pretty much quit doing things that might seem right to you. They may be the "Godly" or "Jesus" thing to do, but it doesn't mean that is what he wants you to do. You know?

I do not mean to preach to you. Lol just concerned is all. If you need anyone to talk to privately you can message me any time.

ANYONE who has a need can. Again I will pray. Maybe God will tug on someones heart.

Leroy, just remember. No matter what you have done or thought, He still loves you and cares for you. He WILL forgive you. Through Jesus anything is possible.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #249 of 537 Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Better post-em.
 
comics22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Middle of freakin IL
Posts: 11,303

User is: comics22 is offline
Send a message via AIM to comics22
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy_921 View Post

It is impossible to debate relegion with people that can't understand the concept of reality and would rather rely on "the unexplainable" truths held in an outdated book. As stated before, how many of you know that the bible (and I choose not to capitalize the "b" for lack of respect, not ignorance of the english language) is based off of Greek, Roman, and even Egyptian morals, ideas, and stories??? Don't even get me started on Noah's Arc or half the other bed time stories in that crooked ass book. Do you really expect me to believe ONE man built a boat and herded a pair of each type of animal onto it to survive a great flood? Did "god" talk to all the animals and tell the lions not to eat the impalas until they survived the flood and reproduced?
things like this are why i feel religion is a buncha crud. If you go the scientific route there are records and proof that the very thin chunk of land between the atlantic and medeteranian sea let loose all at once (kinda like what happened with new orleans and katrina with the levey walls busting loose and causing very fast flash floods). Back then the general illeterate public that prolly never left the city walls to them thier "world" did get flooded and mass destruction and death everywhere. (wiped out crops animals people homes freshwater, etc) Im sure there was a shipbuilder near the sea that was nearly done with a boat and happened to just finnish up when the flood came haha. Animals aint dumb either, when the tsunami hit that Asian country a few years ago there were reports the animals acting weird and running for high ground. I bet at least some animals went to a hill and people were saving them much like today saving other people and animals when floods happen. (especially if your lively hood depends on that cow, chicken, goat, etc)

These are the same people they preached religion to, the poor class, the homeless, the outcasts, essentially a HUGE chunk of people struggling day to day to survive. Instead of begging or earnign that measly money to buy bread they could steal it. Well monkey see monkey do crime went rampant. Religion preaching about dont steal, dont kill, be friendly to everyone and you will be rewarded with all the food you want, clean clothes, shoes, place to live, after life JUST by beign a "good citizen" while your alive. It would be like nowadays going into the slums, ghettos, projects and saying if you stop stealing and killing then once you die you will be rewarded with all your desires.

All this preaching to and storywriting couldn't be done by the illiterate class and very few people back then could read let alone write EXCEPT for the royalty and wealthy; which as same today don't like crime. Awfully convenient to me that the book writers are also the same who would benefit most from less crime.........Much like today politicians making tax cuts and loopholes in laws to benefit themselves.

AS the golden rule states: whoever has the gold makes the rules


Thats my problems with religion in a nutshell, i am open to discussion about them as long as someone is willing to discuss them and not have the crappy excuse of "god did it" I could give more of my own explanantions btu its late and i get to work at 6am...
comics22 is offline  
post #250 of 537 Old 02-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Better post-em.
 
comics22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Middle of freakin IL
Posts: 11,303

User is: comics22 is offline
Send a message via AIM to comics22
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
Sorry to hear you lost your faith.
You really shouldn't base your faith upon other (unless I misunderstood?).
I will say that religion is all those things you mention. I look at it as this:
How is God working in my life?
My personal life? Not in any way. Everything i have i had to work for, nearly all my life messes i brought upon myself, my dad passed away from cancer a year before i graduated college (way to go"god" unless he wants me to be miserable) Have a sister i wish would just disappear (i do not wish death upon anyone, just "removal from my sight and ears" haha)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
How am I sure I am doing what God wants me to do?
Cant please everyone, existing nor not. No point in trying either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
What can I do to better myself, to be more like Jesus.
lol someone wants superpowers but all kidding aside, if you do become a carpenter that helps out the poor could do homes for humanity (i think thats what its called haha) not to be a smartass but cant be much more like him than doing that Why do u personally want to be like jesus?


Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
Pretty much quit doing things that might seem right to you. They may be the "Godly" or "Jesus" thing to do, but it doesn't mean that is what he wants you to do. You know?
SO if someones getting mugged or raped or whatever you would really listen to god before acting? What about a crack or meth head breaking into your house or car and stealing your stuff? Would you consider the fact that he/she may need it more than u do? Are you going to try to pray for them? (about as useful as calling the cops to me haha with thier 20-30 min response times (whole nother topic)) What if they become threatening to your family? If the police kill someone who is doing very bad deeds or inmates on death row does that make the executioners bad? What about the millions if not billions of soldiers that kill because of a commanders command? Is god picking sides or playing both sides saying kill each other? Doesn't the bible say love thy neighbor and pretty much everyone no matter what? I doubt god would say yea hes bad lets kill him...

So what is your personal line? Does it contradict what the bible says?

Im kinda curious and have been for a long time of why people believe in what they believe in and i like to give real world examples to see what they say about them (as long as its logical and not the same excuse of god is mysterious aka i dont know)
comics22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome