Do you believe in God? - Page 4 - S-10 Forum
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 132 56.41%
No 83 35.47%
Not sure 19 8.12%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 537 Old 10-14-2010, 08:33 PM
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
ZQ8 Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Western, Ky
Age: 36
Posts: 34,603

User is: ZQ8 Blazer is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathphoenix99 View Post
I could also argue that ice cream sales has a direct correlation between people being mugged. The higher number of ice cream sales, the higher number of people that are mugged. It has nothing to do with the fact that ice cream is sold the most in the summer, when people are outside and more likely to be mugged.
During the turn of the 20th century the newspapers in NY posted that people buying ice cream in the summer was causing an increase in the murder rate.



ℐustin
ZQ8 Blazer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 537 Old 10-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Raleigh NC
Age: 39
Posts: 66

User is: dexter047 is offline
Send a message via AIM to dexter047 Send a message via Yahoo to dexter047
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sid View Post
hey heard the pope was laundering money, typical italians...
Pope Benedict is German, not Italian....so....may want to rethink that.
dexter047 is offline  
post #153 of 537 Old 10-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Electrical Mod
 
deathphoenix99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 56,129

User is: deathphoenix99 is offline
Send a message via AIM to deathphoenix99
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQ8 Blazer View Post
During the turn of the 20th century the newspapers in NY posted that people buying ice cream in the summer was causing an increase in the murder rate.

That's probably where my teacher got the idea. In one of my classes we discussed how statistics and facts can be used for either side of an argument and one example she used was ice cream and murder or violence/mugging. Can't remember but that may have been where she got the idea. That was a couple years ago though, so I don't remember everything about it.


2011 Silverado, 4.3 RCLB 61,xxx miles
1994 S10 160,XXX miles. Lifted 4/3
1985 Ramcharger Royal SE Prospector 440/727/NP203 (beach toy)
1982 Dodge W250 360/NP435/NP208 lifted on 36's, mud toy.
Wiring Diagrams and Misc. Repair
deathphoenix99 is offline  
 
post #154 of 537 Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
ZQ8 Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Western, Ky
Age: 36
Posts: 34,603

User is: ZQ8 Blazer is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

yeah I learned that in psych class.


ℐustin
ZQ8 Blazer is offline  
post #155 of 537 Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 PM
"It was all a Dream"
 
psycho-sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Age: 38
Posts: 2,926

User is: psycho-sid is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

^ nah it was just a joke, i think athis whole thread is hilarious
psycho-sid is offline  
post #156 of 537 Old 10-26-2010, 03:40 AM
Registered Abuser
 
Merritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: King, NC
Age: 33
Posts: 10,186

User is: Merritt is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I definitely believe in God! I'm not perfect by any means, and there's a lot of things I need to work on, but I do believe.

-James
2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year

Merritt is offline  
post #157 of 537 Old 10-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Better post-em.
 
comics22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Middle of freakin IL
Posts: 11,303

User is: comics22 is offline
Send a message via AIM to comics22
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sid View Post
piss on god and all that follow
haha i loled too... aparently someone found a touchy subject haha. almost couldnt control my spaghetti ohs
comics22 is offline  
post #158 of 537 Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Roadrunner=Chicken
 
Dozer600's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Traverse City, MI
Age: 46
Posts: 12,816

User is: Dozer600 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

What if my God rises in the morning and sets in the evening? Does that count?

Jason
98 2.2 5 speed
87 Astro (Next project: Topless with V8, lifted on a 80' Blazer frame)
54 John Deere 40U
00 Polaris 600 Touring
Dozer600 is offline  
post #159 of 537 Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 PM
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
ZQ8 Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Western, Ky
Age: 36
Posts: 34,603

User is: ZQ8 Blazer is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Here ya go:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...bangs-garrison


ℐustin
ZQ8 Blazer is offline  
post #160 of 537 Old 11-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered User
 
chaospartners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
Posts: 1,538

User is: chaospartners is offline
Send a message via AIM to chaospartners
Re: Do you believe in God?

O yea i definately do.. nuff said

03 Extreme, 4.3 5speed! core short throw shifter, custom y pipe, no cats, with flowmaster duals..
chaospartners is offline  
post #161 of 537 Old 11-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

This shit is bugged or something I get an email everyday about there being a new post here and its always the same post... /\

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #162 of 537 Old 11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
is a fungineer
 
ka_jd7and1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 6,109

User is: ka_jd7and1 is offline
Send a message via AIM to ka_jd7and1
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
This shit is bugged or something I get an email everyday about there being a new post here and its always the same post... /\
Every time somebody votes in a poll it counts it as a new post, even if they don't make a comment in this section.

I have a picture to add to this thread, just have to wait until I get to work tomorrow to post it.



Vehicles may be subject to change......

2003 S10, 2.2 auto- the daily driver, currently with a 2"/2" drop and some minor engine bolt-ons BLOWN UP, looking for a motor (PM me)

1968 Chevy C10 longbed, currently undergoing a heart transplant- 3/5 drop, the new tow pig/cruiser/project
ka_jd7and1 is offline  
post #163 of 537 Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 AM
is a fungineer
 
ka_jd7and1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 6,109

User is: ka_jd7and1 is offline
Send a message via AIM to ka_jd7and1
Re: Do you believe in God?

This.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8b6995fa-9fdf-4802-842f-4b09dc59fb8b.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	114526  



Vehicles may be subject to change......

2003 S10, 2.2 auto- the daily driver, currently with a 2"/2" drop and some minor engine bolt-ons BLOWN UP, looking for a motor (PM me)

1968 Chevy C10 longbed, currently undergoing a heart transplant- 3/5 drop, the new tow pig/cruiser/project
ka_jd7and1 is offline  
post #164 of 537 Old 11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1 View Post
This.
If there was a tool that measured supreme awesomeness it would have no place to be on earth further than 5 feet away from this sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #165 of 537 Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 PM
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
ZQ8 Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Western, Ky
Age: 36
Posts: 34,603

User is: ZQ8 Blazer is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Just unsubscribe to the thread if you don't want notifications on it.


ℐustin
ZQ8 Blazer is offline  
post #166 of 537 Old 12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Dimes+Smallies
 
BuckyBoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Plain City, Ohio
Posts: 257

User is: BuckyBoy02 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Yes, I do. BB02

She Heeds the Call of the Mall
I Like the Feel of the Reel

Orig owner of an '88 EL Duke
2002 4.3L LS extended cab.
BuckyBoy02 is offline  
post #167 of 537 Old 12-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Useless posting member
 
Wrkn prgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Conover, Oh
Age: 30
Posts: 10,828

User is: Wrkn prgs is offline
Send a message via AIM to Wrkn prgs Send a message via MSN to Wrkn prgs Send a message via Yahoo to Wrkn prgs
Re: Do you believe in God?

If you guys unwrapped presents today, I guess you believe in God
Or, you're Jewish.
Wrkn prgs is offline  
post #168 of 537 Old 12-25-2010, 10:41 PM
is a fungineer
 
ka_jd7and1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 6,109

User is: ka_jd7and1 is offline
Send a message via AIM to ka_jd7and1
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrkn prgs View Post
If you guys unwrapped presents today, I guess you believe in God
Or, you're Jewish.
Or I celebrate a commercialized family based holiday?



Vehicles may be subject to change......

2003 S10, 2.2 auto- the daily driver, currently with a 2"/2" drop and some minor engine bolt-ons BLOWN UP, looking for a motor (PM me)

1968 Chevy C10 longbed, currently undergoing a heart transplant- 3/5 drop, the new tow pig/cruiser/project
ka_jd7and1 is offline  
post #169 of 537 Old 12-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrkn prgs View Post
If you guys unwrapped presents today, I guess you believe in God
Or, you're Jewish.
Well, time to get educated... Christmas is a pagan holiday thats been celebrated long before the birth of your fictional friend jesus. Heres some learnin for you...

The Christmas Tree

The tree is the one symbol that unites almost all the northern European winter solstices. Live evergreen trees were often brought into homes during the harsh winters as a reminder to inhabitants that soon their crops would grow again. Evergreen boughs were sometimes carried as totems of good luck and were often present at weddings, representing fertility. The Druids used the tree as a religious symbol, holding their sacred ceremonies while surrounding and worshipping huge trees.

Christmas Dinner and Presents

In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.

Happy Holidays!

In Rome, the Winter Solstice was celebrated many years before the birth of Christ. The Romans called their winter holiday Saturnalia, honoring Saturn, the God of Agriculture. In January, they observed the Kalends of January, which represented the triumph of life over death. This whole season was called Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, the Birthday of the Unconquered Sun. The festival season was marked by much merrymaking. It is in ancient Rome that the tradition of the Mummers was born. The Mummers were groups of costumed singers and dancers who traveled from house to house entertaining their neighbors. From this, the Christmas tradition of caroling was born.

In northern Europe, many other traditions that we now consider part of Christian worship were begun long before the participants had ever heard of Christ. The pagans of northern Europe celebrated the their own winter solstice, known as Yule. Yule was symbolic of the pagan Sun God, Mithras, being born, and was observed on the shortest day of the year. As the Sun God grew and matured, the days became longer and warmer. It was customary to light a candle to encourage Mithras, and the sun, to reappear next year.

Mistletoe and Yule Tide Cheer!

Huge Yule logs were burned in honor of the sun. The word Yule itself means “wheel,” the wheel being a pagan symbol for the sun. Mistletoe was considered a sacred plant, and the custom of kissing under the mistletoe began as a fertility ritual. Hollyberries were thought to be a food of the gods.

Lost the website do some research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #170 of 537 Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered User
 
525T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64

User is: 525T is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Yes, I believe in the (Christian) God. The Christian bible is also the only book that has ever predicted the future and every prediction has come true. No other book or "bible" has been able to do that. The bible also give the best explanation for how we got here and our behavior, and it makes a lot more sense to me that anything else I've read or studied. For someone to be skeptical is expected and normal. But for someone to have a strong opinion of something they know nothing about is crazy. Jesus is either a liar, lunatic, or He is who He said He is. Simply not believing doesn't make something untrue. Not only do I believe Jesus is God, He changed my life and I have peace about it,... peace I could not find elsewhere. So for the skeptics, it's normal and just continue to have an open mind. For those that reject it all, it's the biggest decision to ever make and one that I would want certain peace about.
525T is offline  
post #171 of 537 Old 02-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered User
 
bagged94s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 663

User is: bagged94s10 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

why was the Holocaust in gods plan? He does have a plan for everything does he not?

Quote: Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1
I did take sex ed in school, and they did not teach me or show me how to wash my dick.



94 Chevy S10
Http://www.streetsource.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=49500
bagged94s10 is offline  
post #172 of 537 Old 02-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 525T View Post
Yes, I believe in the (Christian) God. The Christian bible is also the only book that has ever predicted the future and every prediction has come true. No other book or "bible" has been able to do that. The bible also give the best explanation for how we got here and our behavior, and it makes a lot more sense to me that anything else I've read or studied. For someone to be skeptical is expected and normal. But for someone to have a strong opinion of something they know nothing about is crazy. Jesus is either a liar, lunatic, or He is who He said He is. Simply not believing doesn't make something untrue. Not only do I believe Jesus is God, He changed my life and I have peace about it,... peace I could not find elsewhere. So for the skeptics, it's normal and just continue to have an open mind. For those that reject it all, it's the biggest decision to ever make and one that I would want certain peace about.

Well I guess you can write whatever you want to and believe its true lol... WTF are you talking about that its predicted the future and and has been right about everything? I could generalize a bunch of shit about the next 2000 years and 90 percent of it would be true, if I was to say something like there will be a great war in the coming years... No shit there has been and always will be war therefore I can see the future? Fortune cookies predict the future accurately... You will soon recieve great advice, You will meet someone interesting... Means dick. Plus you gave not a single example anyway. As far as opening your mind yours was closed the minute you accepted religion and will be forever. The bible has no valid explaination of explaining why we are here... Evolution on the other hand happens daily and we have current proof of it all around us, its also easy to go much farther back than the millions of years of the evolution of humans, we know how long ago the earth was created and for the most part exactly how it was created, everyday science gets closer to the begining and having factual proof of every last detail of the creation of the planet, faith means nothing. Hope and fact do not coinside. If you ask me a question and I give you "because" or "it just is" as an answer that is not acceptable and the bible could be easily titled "The way it was because we said so" as there is not a single fact within its cover. You ask me to prove evolution ill take you around the world and introduce you to your tangible ancestors dating back millions of years ago drawing out a perfect outline of our progress from ape to man. You can touch the truth for yourself. BTW in 1988 one of the most sacred religious artifacts held by your religion the shroud of turin or the blanket that baby jesus was wrapped in, was radiocarbon dated by oxford, the UofA, and the swiss FIT, and all three found it to be no more than 700 years old and thats a fact. Thats about 1300 years to new. Religion is a foolish beliefe in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #173 of 537 Old 02-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered User
 
525T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64

User is: 525T is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I take it your (Rhygin) response to the poll was "no" then. I'm sorry to hear that you've been deceived by much of the so-called scientific writings that have been untrue. Of course, much is true but much is not. A lot of the general public thinks that anyone out there with a PhD writing grant proposals and kickin' out a few papers will always publish non-fudged truths, but it just isn't true, especially in this day and age. The first premise to much of "science" is that, first of all, there can be no god (period). So right off, the average scientist assumes "no intelligent design" or creation and they think this gets them off the hook of having to answer to a God that is greater than themselves. Being a working physicist, I've been surrounded by such rubbish teaching for years and there is little proof to any of the anti-God theories. Lot's of beautiful creation and evolving stars out there, not to mention some nice bones of dinosaurs, but not billions and billions of years worth of spontaneous generation, chimp-to-man, chaos-to-kidneys, and missing links that sell papers and ideas. Anything that cannot be explained by biologists and astrophysicists is swept under the rug of "billions and billions of years of evolution" simply because they cannot accept there is intelligent design or a God. Even thermodynamics teaches us that entropy only increases! How would you expect to get increasing amounts of order over time? How do you start with the most basic form of life and end up with a human organism capable of rationalizing unless it is already in its DNA? You can't. Sadly, much of the so-called "proof" of the evolution of man is just someone's idea and there is no real proof at all (Lovejoy's Lucy comes to mind). Of course, you can believe it if you want. The bible has many predictions of things specific that have come to pass, esp. with regards to the nation of Israel and Christ, not the fortune cookie stuff you may be used to. Regarding fulfilled biblical prophecies, check out http://100prophecies.org/. You can spend a lot of time on this site. You can also check out Gentry's work on polonium halos or even the concept of a worldwide flood. There is even some controversy of the evolutionists' view of GRB 090423 and chemical make-up of first-generation bodies and the concept of time with red shifting.

EDIT: PS: I do not believe the holocaust was God's plan. I see that as the results of man's (Hitler's) free will to inflick evil upon someone else. It was a terrible thing, and I would not blame God for that!

Last edited by 525T; 02-14-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Add post script
525T is offline  
post #174 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered User
 
bagged94s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 663

User is: bagged94s10 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 525T View Post

EDIT: PS: I do not believe the holocaust was God's plan. I see that as the results of man's (Hitler's) free will to inflick evil upon someone else. It was a terrible thing, and I would not blame God for that!

When something happens (lets say some one close passes) most people of faith will say, "It was god's plan, he has a plan for everything and everyone." So what was his plan here? why is this an exception? If god intended for people to live in a better place when they passed, why not start them off in a better place, why go through the non sense? Hell is a story told to little kids to scare them shitless of doing bad things.

Quote: Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1
I did take sex ed in school, and they did not teach me or show me how to wash my dick.



94 Chevy S10
Http://www.streetsource.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=49500
bagged94s10 is offline  
post #175 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Well there 525T, lets see if I cant discredit you completely before I waste my time justifying that incoherent bit of ramblings with a response.

Below is a very basic beginners level example of one of the most elementary of physics formulas...

Identify it correctly. Or STFU lol.



I had to edit it because I originally left the formula in the problem... If you get it right im giving you another one lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #176 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?


Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #177 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered User
 
525T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64

User is: 525T is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Looks like Newtons second law but written in a very basic form rather than the generalized fashion. Think of it as the time derivative of momentum, instead.
525T is offline  
post #178 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

**** now I have to argue with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #179 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 525T View Post
Sadly, much of the so-called "proof" of the evolution of man is just someone's idea and there is no real proof at all (Lovejoy's Lucy comes to mind). Of course, you can believe it if you want. The bible has many predictions of things specific that have come to pass, esp. with regards to the nation of Israel and Christ, not the fortune cookie stuff you may be used to.

PS: I do not believe the holocaust was God's plan. I see that as the results of man's (Hitler's) free will to inflict evil upon someone else. It was a terrible thing, and I would not blame God for that!
Please explain further why a several million year old upright walking ape is not a suitable example of "the missing link".

Explain to me why when something good happens its a miracle or a gift from god, but when the holocaust happens its mans evil doings...

Also do you accept the fact that the earth is several billion years old? Which as a physicist I would find it hard to believe you don't you work within the world of rules, laws, and science. If so why would god wait 4.29 billion years to create man after creating the planet...

How do you explain evolution, how can you possibly reject it as a fact? People are evolving right now you can catalog it from parent to child, you cant rationally explain to me that evolution is not existent? If you want to reject the fact that we shared a common ancestor with apes thats fine I guess regardless of the hundreds of skeletal remains that have been found dating back 3 million years demonstrating a near perfect transition from ape to man... I mean you can physically touch these fossils they are not constructed or copies they are the result of millions of years of perfect preservation and the efforts of thousands to locate them. I truly cannot grasp the fact that there is any logical way to reject something that is tangible and dateable scientifically and geographically to an extremely accurate degree time and time again there are dozens of examples of each...

Yet you believe in god, that has no tangible evidence who's story is merely a few thousand years older than the written word made by some of the same people who believed in sea monsters religiously or that they could sail off the edge of the flat planet...

You want to know the difference between fact and fiction? Assume there is an immortal child that was taught no history, no science, no religion, just given a basic education involving perhaps critical thinking, problem solving, and basic record keeping abilities, you get the idea, put them on this planet as an adult the day after any trace of every human being living today including everything in recent years well say 10k years ago for arguments sake has been vaporized a clean slate from the ground up of the planet. If he starts digging, one day after a 100k years of curiosity strikes him and he is not going to find religion hes going to find bones of mammals like the ones below including bones that look like ours and hell put together a story much like the one below... Any rational man would. However what he will not find is religion because there was no one there to tell him that it exist. If today everyone stopped completely talking about god if it was illegal to so much a speak a religious word after the new generations replaced us and we are dead and gone religion would cease to exist... The bones of these creatures they are still there documenting the event of evolution clearly as they always have. Religion is a a story written by man and nothing more.

My point is people can find bones without prior knowledge, people will never find god without prior knowledge because he is fiction, perhaps they will write a fiction of their own with bobo sacs the clown as the creator still doesn't make it true.

Missionaries exist for a reason, to spread the word of god? Why cant he spread it himself? Why has an all powerful being directly influenced not a damn thing ever? What purpose does he have if he is absent?

Heaven was said to be in the sky god lived in the clouds when the bible was written before flight and space travel were invented they chose an unreachable place for this being to dwell, well technology granted us the ability to fly through his house and no one is home.

How do you react to other religions are they stupid and foolish for believing in any other god than your own and if so why..? If you write one single answer to this question you are either going to contradict yourself or spit some non factual faith based BS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #180 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered User
 
ridinlow99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 235

User is: ridinlow99 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I didnt read the thread, but its all a belief. I mean is there proof of god or the bible being true physically that one can see and be like ok yea its true. Other than being taught by elders that its true and to follow it so good things will come?

im on the fence could be...could not be. no one has swayed me to either side yet.
ridinlow99 is offline  
post #181 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered User
 
525T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64

User is: 525T is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Rhygin: You've got a lot of questions there! Can you tell me what you understand about the bible and its explanation of how we got here and everything you can see and also explains the behavior of man? It certainly makes a lot of more sense than accepting the idea of billions of years of evolution and these drawings you posted. It sounds like you're understanding is very one-dimensional and like I'm reading a book on evolution. I don't know where to begin with all the statements, but I gather that you want to be argumentative (based on your words in Post #178) and I see this is pointless. You must be a very intelligent person to have thoroughly studied all of the bible so well for so long (and then also compared it to some of the rubbish scientific writings) and determined that it (the bible) is 100% false. Either that or you have become a follower of those before you who simply refuse to submit to a Creator God (who exercised intelligent design).
525T is offline  
post #182 of 537 Old 02-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I was just joking with "my words from Post #178" this is s10forum.com not some intellectual showcase... This is just intelligent conversation for fun, I don't want to convince or sway you in anyway. If anything I'm just trying to better understand how minds like yours work. I'm not trying to prove that I'm smarter than you, I grew up Irish catholic and then was forced to attend a baptist church when we moved to south carolina until I was old enough to have an opinion that mattered apparently. I would not call myself a religious scholar, but I learned as much as any kid does who attends church weekly. I have read the bible, its more a collection of short stories I don't know what you want me to explain to you about my understanding of it? In my opinion I would summarize it as a book of guidelines and examples on how to lead a good and honest life... Which is not a bad thing I don't want religion to be eradicated its a good thing for the most part... Wars have been fought over it, but if it wasn't over religion it would have been over land, power, or something else regardless... I apologize if I offended you that was not my intent.

With that out of the way, I would appreciate it if we could continue this conversation after dignifying a few of my questions with a response. Without conversation or explanation of my questions what reason do I have to believe in god? If at some point in my life I were to accept the whole intelligent design theory it would more than likely be an intelligent person as yourself that persuades me than some lower educated baptist preacher at a church based out of a trailer in Georgia. I want you to understand where I'm coming from, make me understand where you are coming from. Thats how this game works.

This just wont get us anywhere... Not to mock you just making a point.

525T: Intelligent design.

Rhygin: No. Heres why. Respond?

525T: Ignores entire post. Intelligent design.


In your first post you gave reasons why my beliefs are wrong, I responded with why they are right and challenge you to simply suggest otherwise based on responses to my questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #183 of 537 Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM
terrible. take a lap.
 
joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 4,035

User is: joyride is offline
Send a message via AIM to joyride
Re: Do you believe in God?

I don't. I tried reading the bible once growing up and instantly thought to myself that this is a ****ing joke.

Brian
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
01 xtreme 4.3L 5spd 2/3 drop w/ SS front bumper|.030 over|270 comp cam|500 lift|dual valve springs|10:1 C/R|p&p heads w/ 3 angle valve job|w4me tune|shorty headers|2.25 y pipe|no cat|Spintech muffler|windage tray|LW flywheel|DF clutch|8mm wires|no ac|efan|walbro 255|MPFI upgrade|Comp Cam timing chain|ARP bolts/studs|totaled***
Now owner of a white 2002 Blazer Xtreme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO_A1IrbQNM
85 Monte Carlo SS
KCCO
joyride is offline  
post #184 of 537 Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered User
 
525T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64

User is: 525T is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Please explain further why a several million year old upright walking ape is not a suitable example of "the missing link".
The only missing links available today are the results of intentional and unintentional confusion of data and lack of data. For example, the usual case is when human and ape-like bones are found in the vicinity of one another (true ape-men) and are mixed together thinking they lived together. Another is when a human skeleton is downscaled to de-emphasize a human quality or an ape skeleton is upscaled to emphasize a particular human quality. Having 100% of the skeletal remains is not the usual case, so extrapolation takes place with the artist's (scientist's) assumed results. Not to reiterate too much, but you really out to check out how Lovejoy doctored up Lucy's pelvis to make it look human because he thought that it MUST have left those footprints in Laetoli, Tanzania. Some of these models on display are not showing the true skeleton, either. I recall the Lucy Australopithecus afarensis on display in St. Louis intentionally show with human hands and feet even though they were not the hands and feet that were found with it. This doctoring up of remains has left confusion with the general public. Hominid (known ancestor or colateral relative of man, or man himself) evolution is data-poor and imagination-rich. Lucy was the best example of a hominid with only 40% of the skeletal remains and turned out to a big fraud. This type of scientific work is a great way for scientists to get funding and propagate an ideology but is not hard evidence at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Explain to me why when something good happens its a miracle or a gift from god, but when the holocaust happens its mans evil doings...
The sun rises on the evil and the good and the rain falls on both, too. When you take two kids and put them in a room full of toys, eventually, they'll start fighting over the same toy. It's in man's nature to do something wicked. We all know how, but living a pure life seems impossible. I think we all agree. When God puts His spirit inside someone, that person then has a second nature that competes with the old human nature. The two natures are at war with each other,... one to be selfish and destructive and the other that wants to please God. If God grants a miracle to someone and that person gives God that credit. That's great and they call it a miracle. Sometimes it happens when we don't even ask! When man allows himself to be controlled by the human nature (in the example of Hitler wanting to rid the world of Jew), man does not want to show love and selflessness, but rather wants to fulfill his own. In the case with Hitler, he wanted to be a powerful ruler and wanted all Jews dead. Christ says that you will know His followers by their love for others (not hatred). I don't see how anyone could attribute Hitler's work as love for anyone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Also do you accept the fact that the earth is several billion years old? Which as a physicist I would find it hard to believe you don't you work within the world of rules, laws, and science. If so why would god wait 4.29 billion years to create man after creating the planet...
I believe the earth is about 8-10k years old, not billions. One cool thing about fossil records is that they don't require thousands of years, but can form much, much faster. There are some that believe in a "gap" theory in Genesis thinking that God did wait before completing the rest of creation. I don't believe this, though. I belive it occurred in a more rapid succession of events. The work that was completed was made to appear to be older than it was, though. Here's food for though: if the evolutionist believes in an expanding universe, it would stand to reason that galaxies that are on the outer fringe of the expansion would have a greater radius of curvature demonstrating its older age since it's origin. However, we see some galaxies further from the expected "center" that have a tighter curvature, suggesting they are also younger, which completely contradicts many theories about the expanding unviverse. Also, how did the dinosaurs die? You know, the explanation has been changed several times by evolutionists over recent decades. Here's the answer: they died in the flood described in the bible. The flood also explains the Grand Canyon, some work by Russian (athesists) scientists that found water from the Mediterranean Sea in the Black Sea and concluded that there MUST have been a world-wide flood, and it also explains why I found sea shells in the Daniel Boone National Forest (in the middle of nowhere!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
How do you explain evolution, how can you possibly reject it as a fact? People are evolving right now you can catalog it from parent to child, you cant rationally explain to me that evolution is not existent? If you want to reject the fact that we shared a common ancestor with apes thats fine I guess regardless of the hundreds of skeletal remains that have been found dating back 3 million years demonstrating a near perfect transition from ape to man... I mean you can physically touch these fossils they are not constructed or copies they are the result of millions of years of perfect preservation and the efforts of thousands to locate them. I truly cannot grasp the fact that there is any logical way to reject something that is tangible and dateable scientifically and geographically to an extremely accurate degree time and time again there are dozens of examples of each...
Animals and plants reproduce after their own kind. There are no legitimate fossil records disproving this. Of course, certain families of animals can be mixed (like canines with canines, horses & zebras, cats with cats, and so on). You don't see anything like a cat with a frog's head or anything really crazy like that. It's the same with humans. Fossils do not show the ancestry of man. Mutations do occur in the human DNA, though, but are nearly always (if not always) bad (think of cancerous growths). Fossils also do not support evolution. Evolution is pure chance. The interpolation is frequently inaccurate and extrapolation is imaginative because most the the scientists that are reconstructing the skeletal remains are governed by the fact that "it must be human" therefore the (crushed) pelvis should have a particular shape and the finger and toe bones must be straight instead of curved and so on. I find it much easier to believe in the biblical account of the origin of man rather than the chance of evolution being correct. The odds are stacked against evolution by a country mile and then some. I tried figuring all this stuff out earlier in life, too, thinking there could be some evolution that explained everythign. I also studied every religion, too. I've read the (Christian) bible several times through, word-for-word, page-by-page for years, too, and it just makes so much more sense and there is no hard scientific evidence that disputes the bible. To use the words of an evolutionist, Pilbeam's review of Leaky's Origins, "My reservations concern no so much this book, but the whole subject of paleoanthropology. But introductory books - or book reviews - are hardly a place to argue that perhaps generations of students of human evolution, including myself, have been flailing about in the dark, that our data base is too sparse, too slippery, for it to be able to mold our theories. Rather, the theories are more statements about us and ideology than about the past. Paleoanthropology reveals more about how humans view themselves than it does about how humans came about. But that is heresy."

Now these were those words from an evolutionist and not my words. I believe that evolution is a secular religion. I've heard it said at other times by other evolutionists that they propagate their work because it best suits their lifestyle of living without a creator God and allows them to make themselves their own god without rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Yet you believe in god, that has no tangible evidence who's story is merely a few thousand years older than the written word made by some of the same people who believed in sea monsters religiously or that they could sail off the edge of the flat planet...
Before the (Christian) bible could be compiled, it had to pass a rigourous test of the canon to make sure that everything included was consistent with itself and was recorded by legitimate contributors. There is much more that can be said about this, so I'll keep this response brief. The accounts of history of the nation of Israel as reported in the bible and even of Christ himself have not been found to be inaccurate. Even Christ's assension into heaven was seen by many witnesses, as was much of His life and work. In our day and age, you only need a couple of witnesses to put someone away, and yet Christ's works were seen and documented by many witnesses. Just because it happened a couple thousand years ago doesn't mean it didn't happen. Documented writings and a changed world serve a great proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
You want to know the difference between fact and fiction? Assume there is an immortal child that was taught no history, no science, no religion, just given a basic education involving perhaps critical thinking, problem solving, and basic record keeping abilities, you get the idea, put them on this planet as an adult the day after any trace of every human being living today including everything in recent years well say 10k years ago for arguments sake has been vaporized a clean slate from the ground up of the planet. If he starts digging, one day after a 100k years of curiosity strikes him and he is not going to find religion hes going to find bones of mammals like the ones below including bones that look like ours and hell put together a story much like the one below... Any rational man would. However what he will not find is religion because there was no one there to tell him that it exist. If today everyone stopped completely talking about god if it was illegal to so much a speak a religious word after the new generations replaced us and we are dead and gone religion would cease to exist... The bones of these creatures they are still there documenting the event of evolution clearly as they always have. Religion is a a story written by man and nothing more. My point is people can find bones without prior knowledge, people will never find god without prior knowledge because he is fiction, perhaps they will write a fiction of their own with bobo sacs the clown as the creator still doesn't make it true.
Romans 1:20-23 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power adn divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal men and birds and animals and reptiles."

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."

... and one of my favorites that I believe addresses your last statements is...

II Peter 1:20-21 "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried by the Holy Spirit."


Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Missionaries exist for a reason, to spread the word of god? Why cant he spread it himself? Why has an all powerful being directly influenced not a damn thing ever? What purpose does he have if he is absent?
Christian missionaries go to spread the message out of obedience. Christ followers are the current hands and feet of Christ. Not seeing God does not mean that God does not exist and affect us. God reveals Himself to those with an open and willing heart and mind. God's purpose is not our to put into a little box and control. God created humans to have a relationship. However, God is only pleased by the human's faith. He is a just and perfect God, but also patient and His answers are wiser than our questions. His goal is not to appease our every desire. God deals with the issue of human behavior and sin and can forgive that sin and bring peace and hope, and gives wisdom, security, and oftentimes much-needed healing. Our timing is not Gods, and His ways are above our ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Heaven was said to be in the sky god lived in the clouds when the bible was written before flight and space travel were invented they chose an unreachable place for this being to dwell, well technology granted us the ability to fly through his house and no one is home.
When God freed the nation of Israel from slavery in Egypt, they were in the desert and sometimes didn't know where to go. God told them to follow him in a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. Also, after Christ's resurrection, He ascended into heaven. During the rapture, Christ followers will be caught up in the clouds to meet Christ. So there are several references about clouds and the heavens, but I don't believe God actually stays in the clouds. I don't know where Christ's (physically) abode is located, but it doesn't matter to me. He's only a prayer away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
How do you react to other religions are they stupid and foolish for believing in any other god than your own and if so why..? If you write one single answer to this question you are either going to contradict yourself or spit some non factual faith based BS.
I respect others and do not put them down for their beliefs. I am supposed to love others regardless of their beliefs. I do not like it when someone says that the Christ's teachings are rubbish and that Christ followers are stupid for believing in the bible rather than evolution. I see the results of much deliberate manipulation of scientific data only for the sole purpose of trying to disprove there is a Creator God. I see evolution as its one secular religion in direct conflict with the teachings of the bible. As for other religions, though, it is not for me to judge them. To use Christ's own words,....

John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through me."

So you see that Christ is either a liar, lunatic, or He is who He say He is.

I realize this was a long post, so my apologies to the moderators. I hope that some folks might find this useful. If anyone would like to talk more about this, please feel free to PM me so that we can get the OP back on its original track of just taking a poll.
525T is offline  
post #185 of 537 Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

The pubic bone was trampled on by an animal and broken then fossilized in a canted posistion lovejoy didnt doctor anything a professor of anatomy did when he determined that the shape of it was impossible for an ape to walk on all fours or a human to walk on two. Upon further examination it was found to be fractured where they rebroke it and returned it to its rightful posistion the femur is an exact about 1/2 replica (as she was not even 4 feet tall and had shorter legs) of that of a modern man as is the knee both of which can only belong to an upright walking being, aside from that there are many other complete skeletons that are only a 100k or so years newer and of the same species as lucy she is just the oldest yet found. Lucy is very incomplete shes a jaw some ribs half a pelvis and some leg parts lol there are much better examples that im sure you are aware of. Do you completely deny the progression demonstrated by all of the fossils found thus far?

Ill work on the others tonight gotta goto IKEA with the wife lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #186 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connnnor View Post
As for me, no, I do not believe in God.
Then I mean no offense when I say your a moron,and I'll keep you in my prayers. I wonder how many paople that didn't believe in hell are buring now? As for me and mine...


Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #187 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 525T View Post
I respect others and do not put them down for their beliefs. I am supposed to love others regardless of their beliefs. I do not like it when someone says that the Christ's teachings are rubbish and that Christ followers are stupid for believing in the bible rather than evolution. I see the results of much deliberate manipulation of scientific data only for the sole purpose of trying to disprove there is a Creator God. I see evolution as its one secular religion in direct conflict with the teachings of the bible. As for other religions, though, it is not for me to judge them. To use Christ's own words,....
Isnt worshiping a false idol punishable by death or was it exile I dont remember? Its the first commandment which was said to be written by god himself, again im no religious scholar im just remembering...

"I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me..."


Ill work on these as I can wife has a couple days off so I am spending time with her.


By the way you might wanna spread some of this good advice of yours to your god fearing friend above lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #188 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
By the way you might wanna spread some of this good advice of yours to your god fearing friend above lol...

You,nor ANY scientist has ever shown any proof that there ISN'T a god,or God. And,um...no-one alive today can say they were here billions of years ago,to bring these things that have been "carbon dated" (what ever things you may bring up,fossils,dirt...) as billions of years old to the here and the present,not tampered with and untainted so that the "carbon testing" would be provable as accurate and believable. There's NO WAY you can physically prove ANYTHING is billions of years old.

BTW,to your remark,I never said or insinuated I was perfect,I'm not God or a god,so I have the same shortcomings as you,my friend. That said,I don't condemn you for being a non-believer,and never will...but I will feel sorry for you,and yeah,I'll pray for ya too

You can have your veiws and the obvious stress about proving them...you'll notice I haven't tried to prove or validate my beliefs in God an His Son? Because I don't have that stress and unrest bout my beliefs,I'm at peace with them,through Him. And to the earlier sayings here about just eating,drinking and enjoying life,I have my problems like everyone else (sice I'm human),but my circumstance doesn't dictate my happiness with life,so I do (enjoy it).

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #189 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
WoW!!! So much to read here...

My opinion... Yes! I believe in God. He HAS spoken to me and guided me in many ways.. Jesus is my savior and he has set me free from my enemies...( world, flesh, devil)

I am new to this, I was NOT raised in a christian family. I never went to church, I abolitely hated the idea of God.. Just like most of you that do not believe. 6 months ago I would have been on here bashing God just like the rest of you.

God heard me, every time I cursed him.. I have called God out straight up... Sure I wasn't "struck down by lightining" but I was dealt with just like he did to the Israelites. They complained and whined and didn't believe Gods Promise, so God sentenced them to die in the wilderness right outside the Promised Lands.
I was there, all my life. But the wonderful thing is, through Jesus I have my salvation.

I think I saw someone ask why not send us straight to being perfect? Well why not give me a lambo for free?? You gotta work for it. Don't prove yourself to your company for a raise or whatever, guess what? Your getting a pinto. Even when Jesus comes back (which WILL be in our lifetime, I have faith about this) Satan is only going to be IMPRISONED!! For 1000 years. Quite a few generations to be made in the time ain't it? Well he will be set free after that. For the sole reason to weed out the non-believers.

To the "active satanist" one the first page who doesn't believe in God. Guess what Satan does.. And he trembles.. God made him perfect for a reason. For idiots like you.

My opinions... Take them for what they are...


Oh one more thought.. Don't think everything happens for a reason or that god is in control?? Abraham(not the president) made one desicion that has impacted the world as we know it... He slept with his wives servent... Had a son.. Had another son... Now guess what... The generations after the half brothers, still fighting for who is to inheriet God's Promises... Muslims or Israeles. Don't think Jesus is coming back?? Look what is happening in northern Africa and the middle east right now.. The past month or two... There will be a war there... Has been... I think I would rather be safe and give my life to God than to burn in hell. I'll pray for you... If I could I'd let all of you take my spot and I'll burn for you... Whats one person compared to many?? Btw my name is Chris..

God Bless.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #190 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Amen,Chris!

Firstly,people need to remember,Jesus wasn't a "religion". Also,rhygin,like I said,I'm not bothered by your ignorance...you've heard the Truth by your own admittance,and you reject it,which is your choice,that doesn't make it any less Truth. I could say I don't believe in swamp gas because I've never seen/smelled/or felt it,that doesn't make swamp gas any less real,does it?

It is written that the world would reject believers,just as it rejected Him,so you prove that yourself by every derogatory word you've said about believers and their faith. He knew before the foundation of the world that many would reject Him and the Truth,and IMO on what It says we're to do there,since there isn't much point in arguing with one who won't believe that those are not the ones He Jesus told the Father about having not lost out of His hand. And also,"every knee shall bow,every mouth confess...that He is Lord",you probably never believed you'd spend so much in taxes and living expenses when you grew up either,but you sure enough do,just as you sure enough will bow and confess on that day. Your choice,you've made it,you'll deal with it when you stand accountable.

My Bible tells me to love you,just as He does,and I do,but again,like I said,I'm at peace and secure in my beliefs,I don't feel the need to convince you to believe something you most likely never will to be secure in my own beliefs,(or for that matter,to convince my dog of the workings of a highly sophisticated political systems benefits/pitfalls either,because he just doesn't have the intelligence to comprehend it...). Nor do I feel I need your,or any other man's approval to be at peace,I have His,and that's all that matters.

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #191 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered User
 
bagged94s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 663

User is: bagged94s10 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

How can you believe in a heaven or hell? No one has been there and back. No one has told you what it is like there.... You are simply being scared by a book telling you if you are bad you will burn in hell.

Now, I do not mean to offend anyone in this matter, I am Agnostic and have no clue of what to believe, im just saying, how can we be so sure there is a heaven or hell? because a book says so?

Quote: Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1
I did take sex ed in school, and they did not teach me or show me how to wash my dick.



94 Chevy S10
Http://www.streetsource.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=49500
bagged94s10 is offline  
post #192 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged94s10 View Post
How can you believe in a heaven or hell? No one has been there and back. No one has told you what it is like there.... You are simply being scared by a book telling you if you are bad you will burn in hell.

Now, I do not mean to offend anyone in this matter, I am Agnostic and have no clue of what to believe, im just saying, how can we be so sure there is a heaven or hell? because a book says so?
How can you be so sure there is not a heaven? Because some guy with a piece of papper that says he has knowledge says we came from an ape? I mean, really? Something that just happend by accident. One mutation after another. First walking on two legs. Then loss of hair except certain parts. Then differant skin colors. Differant this and differant that. All because life just "stumbled" into existence.

Now you know who Paul was in the Bible right? Well he was pretty much the Bin Laden of that time period. He condemned, killed, Christians. Lots of them. Peacefully innocent Christians. His name was Saul at the time. Then comes Jesus from heaven and takes his sight away and tells him to go into a city, where was going to kill people, and talk to this guy. After he talks to him he regains his sight. Starts preaching the word of God and the crucifixion and resurection of Jesus.
God works in ways you cannot understand. For reasons we don't comprehend. And for that reason we tell the world it isn't real because we can't feel it or see it or taste it... Can't see air can you. Can't see the gases in the atmospheres that make the sky blue during the day can you? No you just see the after effect. Can't see the water crystals in the sky that make rainbows. You just see the rainbow.. I can feel God in me.. And I see the things he does.. I also taste the food he blesses me with every single day.


I have something for you to do... Try to exhale every bit of the air in you lungs and oxygen in your blood.
Didn't work did it? That last little bit is what God allows you to have to continue to live in the fleshy world. Full of sin. Might to well to thank him for that one day..
I hope one day you come to accept Jesus as your savior.. The count down is now.. He will be here soon.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #193 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Disabled Vet
 
Olskoolrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol TN
Age: 46
Posts: 311

User is: Olskoolrodder is offline
Send a message via Yahoo to Olskoolrodder
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
How can you be so sure there is not a heaven? Because some guy with a piece of papper that says he has knowledge says we came from an ape? I mean, really? Something that just happend by accident. One mutation after another. First walking on two legs. Then loss of hair except certain parts. Then differant skin colors. Differant this and differant that. All because life just "stumbled" into existence.

Now you know who Paul was in the Bible right? Well he was pretty much the Bin Laden of that time period. He condemned, killed, Christians. Lots of them. Peacefully innocent Christians. His name was Saul at the time. Then comes Jesus from heaven and takes his sight away and tells him to go into a city, where was going to kill people, and talk to this guy. After he talks to him he regains his sight. Starts preaching the word of God and the crucifixion and resurection of Jesus.
God works in ways you cannot understand. For reasons we don't comprehend. And for that reason we tell the world it isn't real because we can't feel it or see it or taste it... Can't see air can you. Can't see the gases in the atmospheres that make the sky blue during the day can you? No you just see the after effect. Can't see the water crystals in the sky that make rainbows. You just see the rainbow.. I can feel God in me.. And I see the things he does.. I also taste the food he blesses me with every single day.


I have something for you to do... Try to exhale every bit of the air in you lungs and oxygen in your blood.
Didn't work did it? That last little bit is what God allows you to have to continue to live in the fleshy world. Full of sin. Might to well to thank him for that one day..
I hope one day you come to accept Jesus as your savior.. The count down is now.. He will be here soon.

VERY well put

Whoops...went to look at a new Dime/Sonoma,brought home a used Jeep XJ
Olskoolrodder is offline  
post #194 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Just breaks my heart how people can reject the one gift we have. That's Jesus Christ. It goes beyond my fear of Hell. I'd gladly go for you and everyone in the world.

But of course I couldn't do that.. Was Jesus' job. That's why He died. For you and me. Everyone in the world.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #195 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJimmy_96 View Post
1. How can you be so sure there is not a heaven? Because some guy with a piece of papper that says he has knowledge says we came from an ape? I mean, really?

2.Something that just happend by accident. One mutation after another. First walking on two legs. Then loss of hair except certain parts. Then differant skin colors. Differant this and differant that. All because life just "stumbled" into existence.

3.God works in ways you cannot understand. For reasons we don't comprehend. And for that reason we tell the world it isn't real because we can't feel it or see it or taste it...

4.Can't see air can you.

5.Can't see the gases in the atmospheres that make the sky blue during the day can you? No you just see the after effect.

6.Can't see the water crystals in the sky that make rainbows. You just see the rainbow..

7.I can feel God in me.. And I see the things he does.. I also taste the food he blesses me with every single day.
1. I can go and meet the guy who wrote the paper and dug up the dozen million year old skeletons and talk to him over drinks while examining the skeleton and the paper with my own two eyes. You can come if youd like?

You however cannot talk to the people who wrote the book you believe in, can touch nothing that is relevant to its story, and work purely in faith while judging others faith in truth of record of scientific studies that are happening right now. There is a very clear link from ape to man see the diagram above. All illustrations are based on skeletons that tangibly exist.

Also see number 3 and call yourself a hypocrite for saying number 1.

2.Yeah over millions of years including an ice age we didnt need the hair to keep warm anymore. The different skin colors are adaptations from different environments around the world much like the chameleons ability to change the color of its skin it was a trait derived through natural selection. Read about that. Life didnt stumble into existance it took millions upon millions of years of evolution that is still happening right now and can be viewed physically from father to child. It is a fact not a theory. Plants do it to.

From your POV if god created man in his image why did he paint em all different colors, make them different sizes, and have different area specific traits like the matted hair of africans or the slanted eyes of the asains, why are some races of man immune to diseases that are deadly to others? Whos image was the woman created in? Europes aweful cold in the winter snow is white europeans are white, africa is aweful hot during the day so hot that heat exhaustion might kill you if you tried to hunt during the day, lets hunt at night black skin sure does make better camo at night than day doesnt it...

3.If you wanna accept I dont know it just does as an answer I guess thats fine.

4.Strike a match you can see it just fine. If you wanna label transperancy as invisibilty then you cant see water either does that mean it isnt there? The gaseous state of air wouldnt be very useful to us if it was black would it.

5.Again see 4.

6.You can see the refelctions of light through water crystals in the sky its called a rainbow the very same ones you are reffering to.

7. If i cut a mans chest open i can hear, touch, and feel the perfectly evolved beating heart in his chest if i want to... Wont find god in there though.

I also see the things he does when he states that all things are created equal you accept and follow that and then slaughter 12 million cows a year to feed yourself the food you so loving taste your god in. As the result of something that expontentially multiplys the largest mass genocide of human beings ever, but all gods creatures are created equal. Unless your really hungry and want a cheeseburger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #196 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Only thing I have to reply about in that. Since nothing you said showed anything I said false.

The "created in gods image" comment. Yea none of us look alike. Not by any means do we look at all alike. I can go start a white tribe in Africa. My decendents won't turn black over time. Will still be white. Might gain a tan but that's about as far as that would go. But on the real thing. No we are not physically made in his image. Imagine, I know it might be hard since there is no physical proof you can imagine. You know like bones or paper. Imagine looking into a mirror.. What do you see? You see yourself. Well we are supposed to be like mirrors to God. As God would see. He cares nothing of the way you look. He wants to see himself in you. The way you live life. The way you treat others. The things you do.

I bet your a very greedy, complaining and doubtful person aren't you. You want more then you need right? You complain cause things don't go your way. And you doubt things will get better. You may not be all but you are 1or 2. The more you complain the worse things get. The more you doubt the more you don't see happiness.

What did you have when you came into the world?? As in when you came out of your mom? Nothing. Well guess what you aren't taking anything out of the world either. Live your life to the fullest.. Sure.. But unless you have God that little dark spot in your heart, it's there, will never be filled or healed.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #197 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder View Post
You,nor ANY scientist has ever shown any proof that there ISN'T a god,or God. And,um...no-one alive today can say they were here billions of years ago,to bring these things that have been "carbon dated" (what ever things you may bring up,fossils,dirt...) as billions of years old to the here and the present,not tampered with and untainted so that the "carbon testing" would be provable as accurate and believable. There's NO WAY you can physically prove ANYTHING is billions of years old.

BTW,to your remark,I never said or insinuated I was perfect,I'm not God or a god,so I have the same shortcomings as you,my friend. That said,I don't condemn you for being a non-believer,and never will...but I will feel sorry for you,and yeah,I'll pray for ya too

You can have your veiws and the obvious stress about proving them...you'll notice I haven't tried to prove or validate my beliefs in God an His Son? Because I don't have that stress and unrest bout my beliefs,I'm at peace with them,through Him. And to the earlier sayings here about just eating,drinking and enjoying life,I have my problems like everyone else (sice I'm human),but my circumstance doesn't dictate my happiness with life,so I do (enjoy it).
Its hard to prove something doesnt exist when it doesnt exist.

You know whats really easy to do prove something does exist that does exist.

So prove it.

I can tell you the loch ness monster exist how in the hell are you going to prove to me that it doesnt?

If i tell you that a 2 million year old ape man skeleton exist I can take you to the museum where it is kept explain to you that it has been dated by measuring the rate of decay (half-life) of 14C into nitrogen but that would be irrelevant because 14c dating is only useful to 60k years ago now... Potassium argon dating was used to date lucy which is the rate at which potassium decays into argon at a known rate (fact) and dated her to 3.2 million years ago because she was between two layers of the volcanic ash used to date her one older one newer. The remains of 12 others like her were found at the same site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #198 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

525T I didnt forget ya bro im workin on it yours is huge definitely by tommorow night lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #199 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Chris
 
LiftedJimmy_96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 507

User is: LiftedJimmy_96 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Its hard to prove something doesnt exist when it doesnt exist.

You know whats really easy to do prove something does exist that does exist.

So prove it.

I can tell you the loch ness monster exist how in the hell are you going to prove to me that it doesnt?

If i tell you that a 2 million year old ape man skeleton exist I can take you to the museum where it is kept explain to you that it has been dated by measuring the rate of decay (half-life) of 14C into nitrogen but that would be irrelevant because 14c dating is only useful to 60k years ago now... Potassium argon dating was used to date lucy which is the rate at which potassium decays into argon at a known rate (fact) and dated her to 3.2 million years ago because she was between two layers of the volcanic ash used to date her one older one newer. The remains of 12 others like her were found at the same site.
Lol. I will go as far to say, maybe your right about your ape friend. But I will say this. God created the creatures of the world before he created man... So hard to think your little walking on 2 legs ape friend was..say like... Hmm big foot? Absolutely nothing to do man. I've seen dogs walk on two legs.. Better watch out, give it a few years it'll be a person... All that is hearsay you can prove that man came from your gf Lucy about as likely as my dog speaking English. Aboslutely no physical proof. Bones mean nothing. Give me a video of the evolution. That's pretty much what your asking for so I will ask the same of you buddy.

1996 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4
6" SL, 33" tires. Sold
LiftedJimmy_96 is offline  
post #200 of 537 Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Monkeys can walk on two legs, australopithecus afarensis, (sp) i didnt look it up so I probably spelled it wrong its by memory so gimme a break lol, walked on two legs all day every day. Lucy was an entirely different species, we do not share anything other can a common ancestor we are an entire different branch of the evolutionary tree modern man as we are known a broad generalization of 100k-20k years ago depending on how stringent you want to get with the definition of the term modern man well call it homo erectus for arguments sake, neanderthals are another example of another branch of evolution that failed they disappeared 20k years ago never to be seen again they were a human like species specilized to survive in ice age conditions. You say you want a video? I could do that for you i could show you a real skeleton for every time period of lets say each 50k year gap in the total 3 million year evolution from lucy to today with near perfect transistion including explaining to you why one got taller why one got shorter, wider, and more hairy... How much do you wanna know? You can take me to or show me nothing real or tangible of god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome