Do you believe in God? - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 132 56.41%
No 83 35.47%
Not sure 19 8.12%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Everyone who believes in God needs to watch Religulous and then get back to me.

Religion is literally tearing the world apart and breeding all sorts of ignorance.

Also, for those of you who follow the "bible", take a look at what's going on with Scientology right now... there is a religion based on a book that some science fiction writer wrote. And this is taking place during our time with all the technology and higher learning we have available. So just how do you think the Bible got institutionalized 2000 years ago or however old it is back when man still thought the world was flat? Hmm?

Was Jesus Christ real, or was he David Blaine? Really?

Btw... Most of the stories in the bible were based off earlier religions. Don't see that advertised too much do ya?

Mathius

Mathius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I dont, like others I have no problems with those who do...

My arguement on the subject would be that in a time of technological advances and ample knowledge avaible to prove that what was written in the bible is just bottomline nonsense what other than faith in another human mens words whom youve never met and have long been dead that claimed to have talk to an almighty being who chose to talk to them and them alone and never show his face or presence ever again for all of eternity do you have that makes you believe that bable. Sounds a little thin. Religion can be a good thing though it gives people a reason to be good. However the double edged sword it also gives people a reason to be ****in monsters dont tell me no, unless your in afghanistan right now fighting thousands of religious fanatics that think thier ticket to heaven is planting 80 pound explosive easter eggs underneath your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?

Last edited by rhygin; 10-06-2010 at 06:51 AM.
rhygin is offline  
post #53 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered User
 
the_coroner2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Shore line
Age: 48
Posts: 197

User is: the_coroner2002 is offline
Send a message via AIM to the_coroner2002
Re: Do you believe in God?

Im a full blown practicing Satanist....

I still dont belive in God, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny....

Spend a year or so watching the History Channel... educate yourselves with more than just the bible....

How many murderers find God after there locked up....

How bout that guy from KORN who took a shit load of crystal meth and then found religion?
the_coroner2002 is offline  
 
post #54 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
Also, for those of you who follow the "bible", take a look at what's going on with Scientology right now... there is a religion based on a book that some science fiction writer wrote. And this is taking place during our time with all the technology and higher learning we have available. So just how do you think the Bible got institutionalized 2000 years ago or however old it is back when man still thought the world was flat? Hmm?

Mathius

The Bible described the shape of the earth centuries before people thought that the earth was spherical.
  1. Isaiah 40:22
    It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
    And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
    Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
    And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
Maybe you should read more about something you're bashing instead of watching so much TV. Cause that's always 100% accurate.
95s10white is offline  
post #55 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
The Bible described the shape of the earth centuries before people thought that the earth was spherical.
  1. Isaiah 40:22
    It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
    And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
    Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
    And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
Maybe you should read more about something you're bashing instead of watching so much TV. Cause that's always 100% accurate.
Maybe you should educate yourself. A circle is a 2D object. A sphere is what you're looking for their buddy.

Mathius 1
Bible 0
Mathius is offline  
post #56 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Typical. Even when you show proof people don't want to believe.
95s10white is offline  
post #57 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

And yes, I'm aware I used the wrong form of there, grammar police can rest easy.

Mathius
Mathius is offline  
post #58 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
Typical. Even when you show proof people don't want to believe.
If that's the kinda proof you believe in, how about this:

Here's my proof there's no god and faith in nothing is ignorance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6IL...eature=related

Mathius
Mathius is offline  
post #59 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Here's your "bible"'s content explored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9WMbCljdo

The full context is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYj4HPudCk

Mathius
Mathius is offline  
post #60 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I can't view youtube video's at work.

So what do you believe in Mathius?
95s10white is offline  
post #61 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
I can't view youtube video's at work.

So what do you believe in Mathius?
I believe in human beings. Because that's all we are is people, trying to get through life the best we can and take what we can from experiences and learn from them. The bible is a great book of parables with some good messages, but to take it literally is just absurd. The idea that there's some great all powerful God that created me, and yet expects me to believe in him without any proof whatsoever or he's going to let me burn in eternal flames and yet I'm supposed to love him for it because I have a chance at eternal life is beyond ridiculous.

People believe in these things because they want to have hope that they're going to get a chance at something perfect, but there is no perfect and we should concentrate on doing the best we can with the life we're given.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius; 10-06-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Mathius is offline  
post #62 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

You say there's no proof although there is you just choose not to believe it.

Do you think it's by chance that the way everything works is by chance? Moon/waves? co2/plants/water? earths axis/life?

You say for other people to watch this or that but how much of the bible have you actually read?
95s10white is offline  
post #63 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
You say there's no proof although there is you just choose not to believe it.

Do you think it's by chance that the way everything works is by chance? Moon/waves? co2/plants/water? earths axis/life?
Nope, there's things called gravity and complex biological processes that make these things work. You should look into something called science.

Quote:
You say for other people to watch this or that but how much of the bible have you actually read?
Actually, sunshine, my parents both taught sunday school and I went to private, Lutheran, schools up until my Sophmore year of high school. I'm very well acquainted with Christianity. In fact my pastor used to send me brochures for Concordia University because he wanted me to become a priest. My first cousin's grandfather was a Lutheran priest as well so that sort of thing is all over the family.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius; 10-06-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Mathius is offline  
post #64 of 537 Old 10-06-2010, 09:45 PM
A work in progress...
 
jasond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Emporia, Ks
Age: 37
Posts: 1,451

User is: jasond is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

I do believe. But I also don't try to make others believe, or try to refute their beliefs.
jasond is offline  
post #65 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
Typical. Even when you show proof people don't want to believe.
Congrats to the guys who wrote the bible... They saw the moon that did exist back then and saw it was round perhaps one of the men who were smart enough to start the largest cult following in all of time gathered the intelligent idea that the moon, sun, and every other object in the sky was round perhaps the earth was as well. BTW these same men have in a way been an indirect accessory to a level of genocide (be it a series of them) so vast over the past 2000 years that it makes hilter look like santa claus. The link below is a list of people who died at the hands of christianity. The crusades alone have an estimate of 5,000,000. I dont think it even includes the "witches" burned in the old days by men with the same beliefes as yourself or those whom have died at the hands of catholicism...

As for proof no one is insisting that the bible has not one logical fact within it lol harry potter has logical facts in it... When the word "proof" is spoken in relation to religion its normally asking people to give proof that their higher being actually does exist... Like have you to talked to god? Have you met god? Have you seen any presence of god or his voodoo force magic? Whats god done for you lately...? And dont feed me some god is nature and all that is around us horse shit lol... God is a figment of your imagination a bed time story for adults that you choose to believe because you cant come to terms with your own meaningless death.

However if you want facts of any such event IE said tidal moon relation, Co2 in plants really lol? Thats like 6th grade science? Reguardless feel free to ask any questions of the sort that you need proof of and I will give you actual facts proven by some crazy witch doctor science the entire logical world believes in.

Or reference wikipedia im pretty sure if you type in photosynthesis god blows magic into sunflowers and oxygen is produced through hopes and dreams will not be there? Maybe though you should check...

http://articles.exchristian.net/2002...-killed-by.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?

Last edited by rhygin; 10-07-2010 at 06:08 AM.
rhygin is offline  
post #66 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
Nope, there's things called gravity and complex biological processes that make these things work. You should look into something called science.

Actually, sunshine, my parents both taught sunday school and I went to private, Lutheran, schools up until my Sophmore year of high school. I'm very well acquainted with Christianity. In fact my pastor used to send me brochures for Concordia University because he wanted me to become a priest. My first cousin's grandfather was a Lutheran priest as well so that sort of thing is all over the family.

Mathius
I'm well versed in Science. Even more so the Science that backs Christianity.

That's awesome. You still didn't answer my question. Just because a mouse is in a cookie jar doesn't make it a cookie.

And as for rhygin - Just because people do stuff and say they do it in the name of God doesn't mean God told them or they are doing what's right. Don't blame hold religion accountable for fanatics who blame their actions for something else. Why not go right to the actual source.

And people who relate the Bible to Scientology and Harry Potter and use TV and Wikipedia as their backup are ignorant. But it's wrong for me to call someone ignorant because they'll blame God and Christianity.
95s10white is offline  
post #67 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Wondersmith
 
StirFrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: R10 Wisco.
Age: 29
Posts: 4,469

User is: StirFrey is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

yep
edit : as in yep i do.. not agreeing with anything above cuz i havnt read it

It isn't a death wish. It's about living.
-95 Noma (see thread >) - 2.2 5-speed https://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/pr...sinoma-433674/
StirFrey is offline  
post #68 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Registered User
 
Y2KS-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Age: 50
Posts: 40

User is: Y2KS-10 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Do I belive in God........no

Do I believe that we may somehow continue to exist in another dimension (read ghosts) we do not yet understand..........possibly. Point is, none of us will know weather or not we are correct until we die. In the mean time, I'm not going to fret over weather or not I should worship a god. If I burn in hell for it, at least I'll be warm.
Y2KS-10 is offline  
post #69 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered User
 
nukem1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: N W MO
Age: 65
Posts: 632

User is: nukem1st is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Displacement View Post
I LOL'D

But I still have no faith in religion. Higher power? Maybe. Guess Ill find out when I die. I dont feel I need a book to tell me how to be a good person. Since thats all religion basicly is, a way to control the masses through fear. If God needs me to believe in him to get past the pearly gates geuss Im not gonna make the cut.
Is it worth that gamble, to wait till you die? for when you die, you won't have a choice, give the" Higher Power", the benefit of the doubt.
nukem1st is offline  
post #70 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
I'm well versed in Science. Even more so the Science that backs Christianity.
There is no science that backs christianity. Period. There might be some scientific research that proves an individual fact in the bible here or there, but there is not one single solitary scientific piece of evidence to prove the existence of any god, period.

Quote:
That's awesome. You still didn't answer my question. Just because a mouse is in a cookie jar doesn't make it a cookie.
What question? Have I read the bible? Many times? I have 6 of them sitting on my book case 15 feet away, along with a Lutheran catechism Right with the rest of my fantasy novels. Want me to post pics for you? I actually research and know what I'm talking about before I make a decision about something. I don't just have blind faith in some story I read like you do.

I already told you I went to Lutheran schools through my sophmore year. For someone whose so into Christianity, you should be familiar with the difference branches at least enough to identify the major ones. Since Martin Luther was responsible for the entire protestant movement against the Catholic church, that's sortof a big deal for you.

Quote:
And as for rhygin - Just because people do stuff and say they do it in the name of God doesn't mean God told them or they are doing what's right. Don't blame hold religion accountable for fanatics who blame their actions for something else. Why not go right to the actual source.
God doesn't tell people anything. He doesn't exist.

Doesn't change the fact that religion is responsible for more deaths than any other subject in the history of humanity.

It's ignorant people who think they're doing God's work, whether it's Jesus, or Muhamad, or whoever.

Quote:
And people who relate the Bible to Scientology and Harry Potter and use TV and Wikipedia as their backup are ignorant. But it's wrong for me to call someone ignorant because they'll blame God and Christianity.
Actually, the fact that you don't understand the comparison is proof of your ignorance... or stubbornness. I'm not sure which.

It's the whole blind faith thing that proves your ignorance. You make decisions in your every day life that are impacted by your religion, which is nothing more than fiction. There is not one single solid fact to prove the existence of god, period.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius; 10-07-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Mathius is offline  
post #71 of 537 Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered User
 
nukem1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: N W MO
Age: 65
Posts: 632

User is: nukem1st is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_coroner2002 View Post
Im a full blown practicing Satanist....

I still dont belive in God, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny....

Spend a year or so watching the History Channel... educate yourselves with more than just the bible....

How many murderers find God after there locked up....

How bout that guy from KORN who took a shit load of crystal meth and then found religion?
Kinda funny, satan himself believes in God.
nukem1st is offline  
post #72 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
And as for rhygin - Just because people do stuff and say they do it in the name of God doesn't mean God told them or they are doing what's right. Don't blame hold religion accountable for fanatics who blame their actions for something else. Why not go right to the actual source.

And people who relate the Bible to Scientology and Harry Potter and use TV and Wikipedia as their backup are ignorant. But it's wrong for me to call someone ignorant because they'll blame God and Christianity.

First of all in your statement about people doing stuff in the name of god not meaning that god told them to do it are you stating to me that you can personally assure me that they have not infact communicated with your god? Or is that just purely foolish to assume that he does in fact exist and would talk to anoyone else and not drop you a line personally? Perhaps you are challenging gods word by disagreeing with these men, maybe god does exist and he wants to punish me with roadside explosive devices for not believing in him? Who are you to judge the word of god? If you can tell me that there is no way that they have spoken to god and he is not telling them to blow my truck up with fertilizer than you sir are a hypocrit of the purest form.

As for your comment on scientology dont you dare judge another faith based organization any differently than you judge yourself or on any level other than equal to your bible those people are just as lost as you are and not a drop more.

My comments on harry potter and wikipedia were simply a posted mockery of your intelligence and nothing more they werent geuine references however wikipedia is a suitable source of information on the subject of photosynthesis your bible is not.


Here it is flat and easy I will step down off my self provided pedestal and join your socially accepted cult if you can do just one thing for me, show me actual proof of gods existence? This will not include...

-Anything to do with the bible including quotes, passages, or teachings from said book.
-The sole word of a man.
-Faith.

I am talking down to earth bold fact. I want a handshake from the eternal being, a picture of him banging cheryl crow, I want him to talk to me and correct me in the error of my ways, strike me down for blasphemy, I want him to make my left ear itch, **** make something up for me... How about some historical evidence that he ever existed? Perhaps "God was here" engraved on the nucleus of an atom? Give me something that I cannot break down with scientific fact and logic. ****in try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #73 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

BTW please tell me that you dont believe in evolution.



EDIT: To the guy practicing satanism and mocking those who believe in god, santa, and the easter bunny. Again hypocrit you are horribly wrong to talk down to people who believe in essentially the same thing you do. Whos to say santa doesnt exist if you believe in satan? Ive talked to the easter bunny more times than ive talked to god or satan? At least pretending to be santa or the easter bunny doesnt damn you to an eternity of suffering for portraying yourself as a false idol or does it...? Gonna be a hot day in april for the easter bunny lets hope satan shows mercy. Polyester burns really quickly.

Read about this pretty famous legal squable... Good stuff pretty much sums it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?

Last edited by rhygin; 10-08-2010 at 02:24 AM.
rhygin is offline  
post #74 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

You guys are looking for a fight. That's not what I'm here for. If you want to have a civilized conversation about it we can take it to the politics and religions section.
95s10white is offline  
post #75 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Registered User
 
Eight433's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Birch Run, Michigan
Age: 34
Posts: 4,176

User is: Eight433 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
You guys are looking for a fight. That's not what I'm here for. If you want to have a civilized conversation about it we can take it to the politics and religions section.

I always knew this thread would attract at least two guys arguing like little girls over a jump rope at recess.... I just always thought TobytheSandwich would be one of them

-2011 Silverado Regular Cab Short Box 5.3 6 speed auto 4wd
-67 Cadillac Deville on air
-2000 RoadStar Silverado 1600
Eight433 is offline  
post #76 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95s10white View Post
You guys are looking for a fight. That's not what I'm here for. If you want to have a civilized conversation about it we can take it to the politics and religions section.
No thanks. There's no proof there's a God, so you can't convince me of anything and you've already proven you're not interested in reality, so there's nothing to discuss.

Mathius
Mathius is offline  
post #77 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Ill second the above, and no one is looking for a fight... As civilized as it gets. I dont want to hurt you? Not at all? Good conversation we had going there?

de·bate


–noun 1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints.

These normally go on until one person gets stuck and relizes theyve lost then squirms away with some, im the bigger man mentallity. Normally.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #78 of 537 Old 10-08-2010, 11:35 PM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight433 View Post
I always knew this thread would attract at least two guys arguing like little girls over a jump rope at recess.... I just always thought TobytheSandwich would be one of them

i got smart after the politics thread and decided too keep my mouth shut on this subject

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #79 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Stroker Ace
 
frtaylor9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 32
Posts: 589

User is: frtaylor9 is offline
Send a message via AIM to frtaylor9
Re: Do you believe in God?

Yes.

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

1 Corinthians 2: 5
So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God.

Hebrews 11: 6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.


2002 Chevy S10 4.3 Vortec (W) 5 Speed 2WD
Spectre CAI, Ported JANTZER TB & Mod w/Trans-Dapt Spacer, Hypertech PPIII & Stat, Flowmaster Super 44, Magnaflow Spun Cat, MSD w/Taylor wires, Billet UD Pulleys, Perma Cool E-Fan
1/4 Mile: 15.2 @ 88mph on a 2.38 60ft
frtaylor9 is offline  
post #80 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Fredrick Nietzsche
-A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.


Bill Maher
-I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder.


George Carlin
-Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.


-Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #81 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered User
 
Daveman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 5,573

User is: Daveman2 is offline
Send a message via AIM to Daveman2
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
you've already proven you're not interested in reality, so there's nothing to discuss.
Mathius
Do you realize your entire argument is flawed by the fact that reality is your construction by a big squishy computer(your brain) connected to a bunch of sensors and muscles?

here, I'll fix your response so it deals with actual reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
you've already proven you're not interested in the way I perceive the world, so there's nothing to discuss.
Mathius
Beleiving there is a 'correct' way to perceive the world is a vast part of the igorance and intolerance that religion can breed, you're a perfect example.

and no.


1998 Road Racing Blazer WIP
GorillaTornado Racing Products
'InFunkWeTrust'(My Art)

Last edited by Daveman2; 10-09-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Daveman2 is offline  
post #82 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 07:14 PM
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
ZQ8 Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Western, Ky
Age: 36
Posts: 34,603

User is: ZQ8 Blazer is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Nope. I've taken World Religions, went to church twice a week nearly every week of the year for 18 years, uncle is a preacher, and entire family is religious.

I have no problem with people that do believe however I do think the world would be a much better place without religion. I also think there are some religions that are just plain dumb.


ℐustin
ZQ8 Blazer is offline  
post #83 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 PM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQ8 Blazer View Post
I have no problem with people that do believe however I do think the world would be a much better place without religion. I also think there are some religions that are just plain dumb.

i agree. i also agree with the people who say it was just created to start wars.

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #84 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
"It was all a Dream"
 
psycho-sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Age: 38
Posts: 2,926

User is: psycho-sid is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

piss on god and all that follow
psycho-sid is offline  
post #85 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sid View Post
piss on god and all that follow

holy shit i lol'd

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #86 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Sure why not.
 
rhygin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,202

User is: rhygin is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Daveman thats an interesting stand... Cant say I agree with the whole there is no spoon methodology, but its original if anything well played... Through the best perception that has been granted us though the clearly logical choice is in physics and science. Correct is a bad word, logical I feel is more than fair.

Interesting fact just to spark up some research on the how did we get here subject, matter can phase in and out of existance from nothing as it pleases. No catalyst, not from forming from other matter litteraly one second it doesnt the next it does the next its gone never to be seen again. The strong and weak nuclear forces are an interesting read as well, I just think if alot of educated people would continue to educate them selves down towards the molecular level they would have a better understanding or grasp on how we got here. Or read einsteins theory on time space itll make you go out of your ****ing mind and he believed in god btw and wasted the second half of his life trying to prove a theory that would bring order and make sense out of a world that was created by god but failed. There are parts of physics some of which he discovered that disobeyed the laws of reality and the constants that made up reality itself, he wanted a world that required certain end all laws and died trying to figure them out. Like electrons for instance dont exist until they are viewed, what does that even mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalldownhill View Post
How do I post a question on this forum?
rhygin is offline  
post #87 of 537 Old 10-09-2010, 11:58 PM
I drive
 
SoloSDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 5,246

User is: SoloSDN is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

my boss hates me b/c i don't believe in god,and i'm not a christian. true story.

project: FULL frame 4door
SoloSDN is offline  
post #88 of 537 Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 AM
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
ZQ8 Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Western, Ky
Age: 36
Posts: 34,603

User is: ZQ8 Blazer is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Sounds like he's a good Christian.


ℐustin
ZQ8 Blazer is offline  
post #89 of 537 Old 10-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveman2 View Post
Do you realize your entire argument is flawed by the fact that reality is your construction by a big squishy computer(your brain) connected to a bunch of sensors and muscles?

here, I'll fix your response so it deals with actual reality.



Beleiving there is a 'correct' way to perceive the world is a vast part of the igorance and intolerance that religion can breed, you're a perfect example.

and no.

You might have a point, except of the vast majority of the human population who does believe in a higher being don't tell you that only they can hear god or see god, they say instead that faith is the key.

Therefore, there is no evidence to support your statement that MY perception is the one that is flawed, because my perception matches those of not only the non believers, but also the believers, i.e. nearly every human being on the planet since they all fall into one of those two categories.

Unless your argument is simply that the human mind can't perceive God at all. Which is a pretty f*cking stupid argument if you ask me since all the supposed "evidence" that guy was giving was written down in a book created by humans.

If human beings simply can't perceive God, then again, God is a human invention, made up by someone who couldn't accept the logical and physical evidence to support the natural creation of the world and therefore, STILL has no evidence, and is STILL flawed by your argument that the human mind can't perceive God. In other words. By your argument, he's still made up. Because if we can't perceive God, then there's no reason we should suspect he exists, and he is instead just a flawed human theory.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius; 10-10-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Mathius is offline  
post #90 of 537 Old 10-10-2010, 01:54 PM
"It was all a Dream"
 
psycho-sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Age: 38
Posts: 2,926

User is: psycho-sid is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

do people of religious backing believe in things like bigfoot and the tooth fairy and so on...? just curious
psycho-sid is offline  
post #91 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 AM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sid View Post
do people of religious backing believe in things like bigfoot and the tooth fairy and so on...? just curious

nobody answered my question of where god came from. i dont want any bible excerpts or to be told a huge ass story. tell me straight the **** up. did he have parents or was he just "MAGICALLY" planted on earth.. thats my biggest flaw towards religion.

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #92 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhygin View Post
Ill second the above, and no one is looking for a fight... As civilized as it gets. I dont want to hurt you? Not at all? Good conversation we had going there?

de·bate


–noun 1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints.

These normally go on until one person gets stuck and relizes theyve lost then squirms away with some, im the bigger man mentallity. Normally.
It's not a debate when you have people insulting each other, using profanity and lack of respect. Calling the person you're "debating" ignorant isn't a debate. It's an argument/fight.

I suggested if you two(mathius) wanted to get serious about this discussion we could move it to it's right location and both of you declined.

Typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitrucker6669 View Post
nobody answered my question of where god came from. i dont want any bible excerpts or to be told a huge ass story. tell me straight the **** up. did he have parents or was he just "MAGICALLY" planted on earth.. thats my biggest flaw towards religion.
I answered it. Maybe you missed it while you were too busy laughing. Feel free to go back and READ.
95s10white is offline  
post #93 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 PM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

thats because i dont believe your bullshit answer. thats like saying who made the car? nobody it just appeared and we use them today. come up with an answer that makes sense and sounds realistic.

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #94 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Because the car is the exact same thing as God who created everything. Apples to Apples.

I gave you the answer I know best to explain. If that's not good enough for you why not go try to find the answer on your own?

Last edited by 95s10white; 10-11-2010 at 04:28 PM.
95s10white is offline  
post #95 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

your answer is full of bullshit just like the ****ing bible.

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #96 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141

User is: 95s10white is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

That's what I thought.
95s10white is offline  
post #97 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 05:17 PM
sphinxbccp
 
Tim Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 150

User is: Tim Carr is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitrucker6669 View Post
thats because i dont believe your bullshit answer. thats like saying who made the car? nobody it just appeared and we use them today. come up with an answer that makes sense and sounds realistic.
I thought this was about religion...
Tim Carr is offline  
post #98 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
when in doubt lay it out
 
minitrucker6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,509

User is: minitrucker6669 is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Carr View Post
I thought this was about religion...

thats a good point.

94 S10 4 door Blazer (sold)
88 S10 Std Cab Long bed 4wd (sold)
86 Nissan Hardbody (sold)
86 Nissan 720 (sold)

Current- 92 Acura Integra DA9
plans are air cylinders, tweed/fiberglass interior, custom paint, system, maybe motor work down the road.
minitrucker6669 is offline  
post #99 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
"It was all a Dream"
 
psycho-sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Age: 38
Posts: 2,926

User is: psycho-sid is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitrucker6669 View Post
your answer is full of bullshit just like the ****ing bible.
finally someone has my beliefs how come we don't have more agnostics
psycho-sid is offline  
post #100 of 537 Old 10-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193

User is: Mathius is offline
Re: Do you believe in God?

He shows his complete lack of understanding every time he posts. Ignorance isn't an insult. If I'd called him an idiot, it would have been an insult.

Ignorance can be fixed. Idiots are f*cked.

Mathiyus
Mathius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome