S-10 Forum banner

>>SLAB: Slow Low And Bangin

258K views 3K replies 189 participants last post by  GMC777 
#1 ·
This project should move quickly, i have a shit ton of parts already. I bought all these parts for my last truck which got totaled the weekend before i planned on lowering it. so here we go!

new canvas is a 1999 Chevy S10 2.2L 5spd with 114k. I chose this truck because the only body part that has been replaced on it is the tail gate, all original sheet metal and majority rust free. driver's bottom door seam is bubbling, typical, and the inside edge of the front bumper is rotting. i have the 98+ bumper set ups from my total that i can easily swap over so the bumpers do not worry me at all. the pewter rear bumper on this truck is a little beat up from parking lots.

the driver's inside door seam will be addressed when i re tutone it. i am not going to keep the pewter on the bottom, but i love the maroon on top.

it appears to have no mechanical issues, no cel, drives very smooth, runs quiet, cold a/c. very good canvas in my opinion. i am thoroughly enjoying the 98+ interior and steering wheel, makes the 94-97 look ancient.

well, on to the photos

i also dig the black interior, it's not charcoal or gray like my previous 2nd gens. this headliner is black, black dash, etc

it has a gm bedliner, ftmfw

pictures of the parts i already have in my possession:

5/6 is the plan

alpine type s's

my cheapo sony deck

oh, and the wee wo's. boss 338s, 18x8 and 18x9.5

power performance ball joints, low rider depot notches

i'll be reusing this grille, front bumper assy, and clear corners

i'll be registering it tomorrow morning with 70welder, and then once my 4 cyl coils come in i'll have this thing down to earth.

stay tuned ;]

See less See more
#661 ·
#670 ·
I'm gonna say the tire calculator is a bit off... Looks damn good though!

#672 ·
lol i'm glad you guys like it! i am not going to drive it at all this winter, it'll sit in the car port while i beat the balls out of my fusion. i just didn't want the truck sitting on $2000 staggered 18s all winter so i got the first gen wheels for free, bought a used set of firestones that measured 11/32 for $140 and mounted and balanced them at my old shop for free. couple rattle cans later, here ya go.

oh and while i had the wheels off i took some photos of the notch because i hadn;t posted any yet.

dem welds

holla fo a dolla

#674 ·
Looks ta-tas on the steelies, dude! Can't wait to get my ass out that way and see it in person. Hopefully before the holidays.

On a side note, every damn time I've visited the forum in the past 2 or 3 days, this thread has been in the 'recent threads' list on the home page. You popular bastard.

#689 ·
^good luck on that,Tailgate handles are always tweaked.Ibe bought a few myself.

94-97 also have lower dashboards.if you like to lean back,like I do they're easier to see over.

My '97 2.2 is less slow then my 2200 equipped trucks too. she also sounds more throatier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.