[ProjecT] Work Truck - Page 30 - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1451 of 1599 Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Send a message via AIM to layinbody31 Send a message via MSN to layinbody31
Re: [ProjecT] Work Truck

Yeah, just bags over the leafs for now. I want to get the 6link done finally so the rear can lift up as high as the front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1452 of 1599 Old 06-18-2013, 02:50 PM
I make pneumatics

Send a message via AIM to 262X02

You get your front spindles swapped out yet or are you still running mad lift.

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD
10 MKV Jetta TDi - wife's DD
02 Xtreme, 4.3L, 5-speed, K&N FIPk, B&M shifter, Blazer DP Front Brakes, LS1 Disk Rear Brakes, PermaCool e-fans, Flowmaster 40 dual side exit, Marine Intake Manifold, CompCams 270AHR, CompCams High Energy Lifters, Cloyes Timing Set, MSD coil, Taylor 8.2 wires, PLX Wideband, HPTuners Pro, 39lb EV6 Bosch Injectors

Coming Soon: Turbo, Syclone headers & crossover, new Magnaflow exhaust
post #1453 of 1599 Old 06-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Pocket Full of Shells

homos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucko View Post
did i say im sad and hotny?

man what the fuc was i thinking
post #1454 of 1599 Old 07-08-2013, 03:32 PM
I make pneumatics

Bump for updates.

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD
02 Xtreme, 4.3L, 5-speed, K&N FIPk, B&M shifter, Blazer DP Front Brakes, LS1 Disk Rear Brakes, PermaCool e-fans, Flowmaster 40 dual side exit, Marine Intake Manifold, CompCams 270AHR, CompCams High Energy Lifters, Cloyes Timing Set, MSD coil, Taylor 8.2 wires, PLX Wideband, HPTuners Pro, 39lb EV6 Bosch Injectors

post #1455 of 1599 Old 07-16-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

So I've had this thing in the garage for about the past 2 months slowly working to get the new Ypipe/exhaust built and finally finished it up this past Sat. It took so long because I had absolutely ZERO motivation to be under the truck doing exhaust work in the middle of summer By my unofficial tally I was under the truck around 100 times and had to bolt/unbolt the header flanges probably 3 dozen times to constantly check fitment as I made every little cut/weld/bend/etc. Total PITA

But now that it's done I'm happy with the result... it's SOOOOOOOO much quieter now I have a small leak at the passenger header but I'm not going to be taking it apart to fix that any time soon, I'm perfectly fine living with it the way it is lol

So the plan is to take this and my dirtbike down to Camp N Drag this weekend and have a good time. There are some pretty good trails down there that I want to ride so that is a big reason I am taking the bike, and also because IMO there is no better truck accessory than a sweet bike in the bed, so it will definitely be in the truck at the show

Originally I wanted to take the Sonoma and bike in addition to taking the TrailBlazer and using that to tow the crewcab down. But since the exhaust took up so much of my time I haven't even pulled the TrailBlazer in the garage yet to start the work on that, so that nixed the plan of taking all 3. I'm hoping to possibly have all 3 show-ready by the time Dropt & Destroyed rolls around in October
post #1456 of 1599 Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Been workin on stuff, just been too busy to post I'll update all my threads one of these days lol
post #1457 of 1599 Old 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Turbocharged Pimp

Nice!!
post #1458 of 1599 Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Maybe later.

Garage
Send a message via AIM to tytotheler92

Waiting....

I've had wayyy to many of these trucks. (Currently...on number 7)

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fackinsteve View Post
3 doors for 1 and a half whores
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmcgover View Post
He only bought one wheel. So every picture we see is going to be a pic where either the rear or front is conveniently out of frame.

post #1459 of 1599 Old 08-26-2013, 09:07 PM
ELTC

we want updates! Just text me the pics Brent ill do it for ya
But seriously my life is dull right now so do it I will post em.. only if they include noodz tho No homo

Exceeding Limits Truck Club CT/MA Prez & member
2003 GMC Sierra 6/8
1989 Chevy S10 V8 5/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwtr02ss View Post
Thats what I hate about them....when a man was 16 he just wanted to plow a 26 year old. Man turns 26 wishes he was still in high school plowing 16 year olds
post #1460 of 1599 Old 08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
I make pneumatics

He has been too busy racing TBSS in his Explorer and saving up to supercharge it. No but seriously your updates are like crack. Email me btw soon.

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD

post #1461 of 1599 Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Well lets see, where do I start with an update? I guess I'll just wing it

Sonoma:
Sanden EDC fried the clutch a few weeks back so it was down for the count for about a week and a half til I was able to eBay a new one and get it back up and running. Took it to Dropt & Destroyed but unfortunately it rained like 75% of the time I was either driving or at the show and needless to say, with the junk stock upper control arms that give me an ever changing alignment the truck was downright scary to drive in the rain. This was mainly due to it not tracking straight and also because the tires are all pretty much bald at this point. If there was too much water on the road I literally had to slow down to like 50-55mph at the most and the truck was still all over the road While still in OH I blew the left front tire (chords were showing before she went) so I had to limp her home on the spare the rest of the way. However the spare apparently rubbed some part of the big brakes and about 5 miles from my house I completely lost my brakes! So it's sitting in the garage right now still on the spare with a puddle of brake fluid under it. I'll be tearing into it soon to figure out what all I have to fix but I know that the arms need to be replaced ASAP. I've had 90% of the parts for my Wheels Centered upper arms for a while now (the arms and bushings/hardware) and have just been needing to make the cross shafts. I'm working at an aerospace engineering/fabrication shop now and they have a waterjet so I was able to design and cut the first cross shaft parts and I'll hopefully be machining them on Sat. I'll put up some pics when I get one done and then I may even try to organize a group buy so everybody can keep their wheels centered! I also want to try and get the 6link built over winter now that I have access to the waterjet and a full fab/machine shop

TrailBlazer:
Water pump went bad on me a few months back so I changed it, but in the process of changing it I messed up the fan clutch to the point where it was stuck on constantly. Not sure if it was because I used my torches to heat up the nut in order to get it off or what, but needless to say it was broke. And then (maybe because of the fan being stuck on) the water pump bolts loosened up to the point where the gasket blew out and puked all the coolant. I didn't put loc-tite on the bolts when I reinstalled them but I did thankfully have an extra gasket, so I had to take it all back apart and put a new one in, and also use loc-tite this time around. I also chose not to put the fan or shroud back on in case that was the cause of the bolts loosening. It's all held together since then so I'm thinking it's all good now. To address the fan situation I picked up a set of LS1 Camaro efans for $55 from a junkyard and then got the PCMofNC DIY efan kit. I still have to install it but the cooler weather has been keeping the truck cool, so it's not been an issue yet. And speaking of cooler weather, that is also saving me right now because the AC compressor clutch on this truck also decided to go out to, to the point where it locked up and snapped the belt So for now I got a shorter belt and bypassed the compressor and hopefully by springtime I can get the compressor/clutch fixed. Also, I've had a bad wheel bearing for a while in this thing so I finally got around to replacing that as well. It was the left front and I got a Timken replacement with a 3 year warranty. Lastly, I was due for emissions this past week so I shipped the PCM out to PCMofNC and they did a tune on it for me. I passed emissions no problem and also gained some power and mileage as well, so I'm very happy with that result
Oh, and not sure if I've mentioned it or not but I also had a friend tint the front door windows 20% to match the factory tint on the rear windows, and then he also put black vinyl on the B & C pillars for me I'll try to get some pics up. I still need to do the big brakes and paint it (both of which I want to get done before winter), and I also have all the parts to put air ride on it, but I think I'll wait til spring to mess with that stuff

Crewcab:
Haven't done any work on this and I actually rented out my frame table to a friend. I am hoping to get it into the garage soon tho, before it gets too cold out. Might work on it over winter but the S10 and TrailBlazer are first priority since they share daily driving duties

Explorer:
Did an oil change, passed emissions... that's about it. Oh, and it's AC compressor is acting up too. 3 for 3 on losing AC compressors this summer

Dirtbike:
Rebuilt the entire motor/trans in a matter of 2 nights after having a bottom rod bearing failure back in May. Rode it all day on Sat the day I finished rebuilding it and had no issues. The next weekend I went to a track and ended up tweaking my left knee really badly in the ruts in a corner. Originally I was told by the doctors that I had a torn ACL, partially torn Meniscus, Sprained MCL, and hairline fracture to my Tibia, but later an actual Orthopaedic Surgeon re-assessed my MRI and found that I only had a partial tear to the ACL and just sprains to the rest. So I went from supposedly needing ACL replacement surgery to now only needing physical therapy and a brace. Brace should be in this week and then I'll be starting therapy for 6 weeks. I was on crutches for about a week and a half after it happened but I have been able to walk on it for the past 2.5 weeks since then with the aide of a soft brace. Probably won't get back on the bike til springtime (especially since I want to have a pair of knee braces before I ride again) so I plan to get the newer bodywork conversion done over winter

That is pretty much it. My wife and I are expecting Baby #2 right around Christmas time so this will probably end up being a pretty laid back winter as far as the trucks are concerned
post #1462 of 1599 Old 10-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Turbocharged Pimp

Man you didnt say anything at dropt about baby number 2! Congrats!!!
post #1463 of 1599 Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Thanks Jim We've been pretty low key about it, especially after what happened with the first try at Baby #2 this time last year
post #1464 of 1599 Old 10-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Flame It ALL

Good to hear that you won't need Knee surgery and congrats on baby number 2!

But... THIS UPDATE IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!1!!

How many MPG is your tune on the TB getting you? I'm normally getting 18 with mixed driving and getting it up to 20 would be nice (plus that would put me at over 300 crank HP

Stewzer, 1994 S10 X-Cab 2.2 T5 (totaled) Project Thread! Gone

1999 Chevrolet S10 4.3 5 Speed Longbed

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Save the Whales

1988 Chevrolet R30 SRW Cab and Chassis Project Ellie May

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
Just goes to show you - never trust someone with terrible grammar and who presses return while typing way to often.
post #1465 of 1599 Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewzer55 View Post
Good to hear that you won't need Knee surgery and congrats on baby number 2!

But... THIS UPDATE IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!1!!

How many MPG is your tune on the TB getting you? I'm normally getting 18 with mixed driving and getting it up to 20 would be nice (plus that would put me at over 300 crank HP
Thanks man I'll try to get some pics up for ya

As far as the TB tune goes I'm not completely sure right now. It has a noticeable increase in power so I've been putting my foot in it a lot more now than I ever did before haha Because of that tho I haven't been able to get an accurate estimate of mileage other than knowing that I'm able to get more miles between fillups than before. If I have a week where I don't romp on it a lot or remote start it in the mornings then I should be able to get you a better number. But to just give a rough estimate I used to get about 14-16 average around town with driving it conservatively and I think I got 17+ this past fillup with romping on it all the time lol I think there still may be an issue with the exhaust VVT/cam position solenoid/sensor because it was throwing a code for that before the tune and I don't think there was anything PCMofNC could do to turn that off or fix it for me. I had already replaced the sensor a few months back but that apparently didn't fix the problem. I need to try cleaning the solenoid or possibly replacing it but it is pretty pricey to replace from what I recall. But there it is noticeable that it's not working properly, and the check engine light did come on for a bit with the new tune, although it has gone off since
post #1466 of 1599 Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Here's a few pics of the TB I found on my work computer

post #1467 of 1599 Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I make pneumatics

Epic update and it looks like you've been busy as hell. Sucks that all that shit has been going bad at once on your trucks.

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD

post #1468 of 1599 Old 12-18-2013, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Well a little bit of an update...

The Sonoma has been sitting in the garage since Dropt although I did take the spare off and check to see what caused the brakes to go out, and ironically enough although the wheel did rub the caliper slightly what ended up happening was that the left front brake line actually blew out. I had bent it out of the way of the shock relocation bracket back when I put the shocks on and apparently there was a slight kink in it that eventually cracked. I bought a new line to replace it with but haven't had time to remove the old one and bend and install the new one. I did at one point try switching the radios from the Sonoma to the TB and vice versa, since the radio that is currently in the TB is the stock radio from the Sonoma and won't work until I have a dealer unlock it (and I didn't want to pay ~$40 if I didn't have to). Unfortunately the aftermarket radio with the adapter harness for the Sonoma didn't work in the TB, and since an adapter harness is around $40 anyway I decided to just put them both back where they came from and I will eventually just pay to have the radio in the TB unlocked. I still have to put the interior in the Sonoma back together tho too.

The other day I decided to play Musical Trucks because we were getting the first snow of the year and I needed to get the winter wheels on the TB since the tires on the SS wheels are nearly slicks. So I pulled the Explorer in the back yard so I could jump the Sonoma through the garage's man door (I had pulled the Sonoma in the last time I parked it and hadn't started it often enough to keep the battery from dying, so the only way to get it jumped was through the door ) Then I put the Sonoma in the street (on the spare and with 2 of 3 tires bald) and pulled in the TB so I could switch the wheels. Once that was done I had to shovel the driveway and salt the crap out of it to have any hope at all of getting the Sonoma back in. Fortunately I was able to get it and I backed it in this time, so it's easy to jump next time. I need to invest in a battery tender/trickle charger because losing a battery every winter is no fun.

When the Holidays are over and things settle down a bit I need to get the garage cleaned up and organized because I'd like to be able to work in there for one, and for 2 I'd like to be able to get a 2nd vehicle in. Unfortunately the crewcab is still outside and is likely going to stay there through winter, although if I can get some work done in the garage I want to take the stock 98up Blazer spindles that are on the crewcab, put them on the truck with the painted Blazer calipers and some stock Blazer discs, and then put the lift spindles on the crew cab and lift it on the 33s for winter, so the body/frame aren't just sitting on the ground all winter long. I'm also debating pulling the bags off the Sonoma and putting some coils in the spring pockets and the stock 2wd leafs on it for winter, so it's static and driveable. For wheels/tires I'm thinking I want to swap the 32" Bridgestones that are on my old 18s for the 29" tires that are on our Explorer (also on 18s), which would mean the Explorer would get the 32s for winter and the Sonoma would be static on the 18s with 29" tires for winter. If I swap the original (to the Sonoma) upper arms on and also swap in the 3.73s & G80 Gov-Loc diff I think it should be pretty darn driveable during winter. Then I can take the time to work on the TB and get the brakes and stuff done on it. If I get all that done then it's on to the crewcab (or Dirtbike... if I don't sell it lol).

Lastly, we had our baby last Thursday She is healthy and both her and my wife are doing well
post #1469 of 1599 Old 12-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Turbocharged Pimp

Nice if ya need a hand let me know!
post #1470 of 1599 Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Flame It ALL

Congrats on the baby!

You really make me want to get TBSS wheels for my TB, it would look really good with the dark graphite metallic color.

Quote:
Just goes to show you - never trust someone with terrible grammar and who presses return while typing way to often.
post #1471 of 1599 Old 12-19-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

post #1472 of 1599 Old 12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
00 Xtreme

nice to see you around still, and glad to see the little one is healthy!
post #1473 of 1599 Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 PM
I make pneumatics

Congrats on the new addition to the family, and it looks like you have a big list of things to do. If you need a hand just hit me up.

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD

post #1474 of 1599 Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Thanks guys! I might have to put together a beer/pizza/garage night here soon
post #1475 of 1599 Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Flame It ALL

Sounds like a great idea!

Quote:
post #1476 of 1599 Old 12-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Maybe later.

Garage

I'm glad to hear the baby is ok. Glad to see an update on the trucks too!

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Quote:
He only bought one wheel. So every picture we see is going to be a pic where either the rear or front is conveniently out of frame.

post #1477 of 1599 Old 12-26-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

post #1478 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Had an oops in the TB this morning... lost control on an icy road when I crossed over a set of RR tracks and ended up spinning off the road. Both SS bumpers are toast and it looks like the rear bumper reinforcement got jacked up too with maybe even some frame damage at the bumper horns. Got some grass and stuff stuck in the beads of the tires so hopefully they don't go flat but if I have to take them off and remount them it wouldn't be the worst... since I want to paint them anyway. Thankfully I'm ok but it's just another thing to add onto the to-do list
post #1479 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 12:54 PM
layed_sdime

That sucks bro. Glad your alright

59 chevy p/u step side all original-- back burner
98 chevy s10 sonoma front end, 327, t56, bagged on 20's--current build/future dd
05 gsxr 1k--the fast toy (SOLD)
08 range rover sport supercharged 22" strut wheels, lower 2"--family whip
97 honda civic,d2 coilovers,xxr wheels, b20 swapped--wifeys toy
09 hyuudai sonata lower 2.5", 18" xxr wheels, 2 p3 12" subs and old skool punch 1200 watt amp--wifeys daily
post #1480 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

post #1481 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Maybe later.

Garage

Damn. Atleast it wasn't disastrous.

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Quote:

post #1482 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Agreed. I didn't give it the most thorough look-over but it didn't seem like there was any damage to the doors or fenders or anything so I'm glad it was only bumpers. Darn frigid weather caused them to basically shatter upon impact tho
post #1483 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 04:12 PM
I make pneumatics

Dang son. Glad your alright and the TB didn't take too much damage.

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD

post #1484 of 1599 Old 12-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Flame It ALL

Still have the stockers? Can you use the center grill divider from the SS on the standard grill?

Quote:
post #1485 of 1599 Old 01-02-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

I have the stock rear bumper but the front one was destroyed from the original accident back in April. And no, the SS grille won't work with the bumper that was stock to the truck, although I could put an '06up LT bumper on it that would fit with the SS grille. Gonna try to just get the SS bumpers replaced tho
post #1486 of 1599 Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Need new lights on the Christmas tree next year so I put them to good use

Winter Minitruckin'

post #1487 of 1599 Old 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Turbocharged Pimp

Nice!!
post #1488 of 1599 Old 01-10-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Well the TB is with a buddy at his shop. Insurance wanted to screw me and just put LS bumpers on the truck since it's an LS and therefore they wrote the original check to suit. But my buddy got on them on my behalf and they ended up agreeing that they needed to put SS bumpers back on it (especially since the LS front bumper wouldn't even fit with the SS grille). The best part is since used SS bumpers that are not all tore up are basically impossible to find the insurance company is paying to put a brand new GM front bumper on it as well as a new GM rear bumper that was prepped for paint but never painted. The only catch with that is the adjuster is requiring my buddy to paint the bumpers silver to match the truck and also making him send pics of the completed work. I was hoping to use some of the paint budget to offset the deductible but with having to have them painted I dunno if that will be the case. So I may have to come up with $500 to cover my deductible But it will be nice having silver bumpers, I just wish I could figure out a way to get the rocker covers, door handles, grille, hood, and roof all painted silver now too. Hopefully my buddy will work with me and I can get all that done within a reasonable budget, but I don't really have $500 to be spending on the truck right now, let alone any extra money for extra paint work
post #1489 of 1599 Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Well I found a set of silver TBSS rocker covers on CL that I'm gonna try to pick up (guy wants $150 but I'm gonna try to get them for $100) because my buddy said that would be way easier than him trying to smooth and paint my textured grey rocker covers. Hopefully the silver matches my truck good enough to not notice.

But for my buddy to paint the door handles, hood, and grille he's telling me he would need an additional $500 on top of me providing the rocker covers and he doesn't even want to mess with painting the roof. I'm not too worried about the roof because it's in gray primer/sealer and you really can't tell it's not silver. But the $500 plus the cost of the rocker covers is a little too steep for what I can pull off.

So here's what I'm thinking:

The grille is already painted gloss black, SO I'm thinking I will just have him paint the handles and the hood, but do the hood only silver on the sides of the raised center section (to match up to the silver fenders) and then paint the raised center section of the hood gloss black to match the grille.

I personally think it would flow pretty good with the blacked out pillars and it should be within my budget since gloss black paint is cheaper than silver paint. He's gotta run it past his Dad first (who technically owns/runs the family shop) but I'm hoping they'll go for it, and then I'll have pretty much a completed paintjob, with a bit of a custom touch to it with the black grille/hood center

Do you guys think that would look good? I couldn't find any pics of it but I found a few that are close:

Full Black/Silver 2tone (so in your mind's eye change the tops of the fenders/sides of the hood & the upper door frames to silver)

White with Black grille (imagine the raised center section of the hood black as well, and the pillars blacked out)

post #1490 of 1599 Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Daily Dragger

i like the black and silver one you posted. Why not copy the 2 tone in that picture and then your roof would get painted also. I paint for a living and i know your buddy could pull that off with black single stage pretty cheap. A gallon of black Omni(ppg cheap line) single stage paint is under $100. Or at least it was when i did my sonoma in 09
post #1491 of 1599 Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Daily Dragger

The idea you have to paint the raised area of the hood would look good also. I've considered a similar paint scheme on my Ram Hood

1997 sonoma stepside
GONE

00 F250 ext. cab-Daily
86 Camaro 383 stroker- Street toy
88 Suburban converted to 4x4

97 GMC Jimmy-Wifes Daily
Cowl Hood, Aftermarket head/tail lights, Custom black paint job with rainbow flake and grey hood stripe.
post #1492 of 1599 Old 01-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Flame It ALL

That top one with the two tone looks so good.

Quote:
post #1493 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 12:55 AM
Forever breaking this S10

Not a fan of the two-tone, but definitely liking the all white with black grille. Big fan of black and white look.

[Mac]
2000 Chevy S10 2.2 auto
1996 Chevy S10 5spd 4x4 4.3L

96 4x4 5-speed whole truck part-out
post #1494 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

The only thing I don't like about the white truck with the black grille is that the hood being white makes all the bodylines of the hood disappear, and then the grille literally looks smaller on that truck than it does on any of the other SS's in that pic, even though they all have the exact same grille. IMO by design, the SS grille needs the lines of the hood to complete the look of the grille, as the hood creates the top 'bar' of the grille, and on the black truck the lines of the hood are most noticeable.

If I did the split-paint hood (which I'm leaning towards) I would probably try to do something with my headlights to make them either more silver or chrome (similar to the 2tone truck), as opposed to the blacked out lights that the white truck has
post #1495 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Forever breaking this S10

The black housings are stock in those. The two-tone one just has what looks like eBay projectors in it, but they might be a proper retro in eBay housings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trailblazer-...-/130982459398

[Mac]
2000 Chevy S10 2.2 auto
1996 Chevy S10 5spd 4x4 4.3L

96 4x4 5-speed whole truck part-out
post #1496 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Maybe later.

Garage

^I figure he knows where he can find them.....plus those are ugly Halos....

Anyways I love the 2-tone man!! Do it! Leave the grille black too.

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Quote:

post #1497 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Quote:
^I figure he knows where he can find them.....plus those are ugly Halos....

Anyways I love the 2-tone man!! Do it! Leave the grille black too.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of those projectors. If anything I'd pull my stock lights apart and paint them silver.

As far as the 2tone, there's no way I can afford to do it the way the truck in the top pic is, as it would not only require painting the roof but also from the window line upwards on all the doors and the fenders as well. If I do any kind of 2 tone paint it will be on the hood only by doing the raised center section gloss black to match up to the gloss black grille
post #1498 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Maybe later.

Garage

Well the roof is going to be black to I thought?

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Quote:

post #1499 of 1599 Old 01-15-2014, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Roof unpainted unless something crazy happens.

Picked up the rocker covers tonight, got them for 120. Hope the silver matches Dropped them and the door handles off at the shop. Rear bumper is painted and looks AWESOME He also acid-dipped the 18s and they look AMAZING. He said some steel wool and then some billet polish and they'll come out looking like polished billets
post #1500 of 1599 Old 01-16-2014, 02:08 AM
I make pneumatics

Not a bad score on the fenders. You should try to paint the roof black to match the lines in the hood. Did you have stock SS rims or did you get rid of those and are running a set of 18s?

Brandon
06 TBSS AWD - my DD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page