[Project] The Cursed S10 - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 Old 11-07-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Send a message via AIM to MeltingPlastic
[Project] The Cursed S10

So many people from the north east know my truck and many followed my other build up thread

for my interior but now it is time to address the suspension again.

Here is a few pics of my truck:

This truck is simply known as the Cursed S10 or failboat etc... Ever since this truck was

painted i've had nothing but issues with it. Lets go with the rundown:

Backwoods Bash '08: I put on the wrong wheel spacers for my old Boss 304s and ended up

having the rim fall off and dent the fender when the lug nuts sheered off
Envy Frenzy '08: A fellow club member's drag block was ripped off when his truck wasn't

raised enough to get over a cement bridge and the block went into my 3rd door and debris

damaged the front of the hood
ITB '08: the drive there and back killed the bumper with rock chips, i installed a chrome

bumper and actually like it better
Feb '09: Took the truck out for a cruise with nice weather, it was hit and run outside my

friends house and damage my fender and bumper... that bill sucked!
Grounded 4 Life One Day Slam '09: HUGE dent in my rim on the ride down
Low Rollers '09: The support struts for my bed cover's bolt snapped and the arm swung down

and dug a HUGE scratch(down to metal) in the drivers bedside
Freaks of Nature Delaware Show '09: Dragged the gastank over a speed bump and put a leak in

it(rebent same rim on the ride home)

I repaired the tank and the original patch ripped out when i bottomed out in a toll plaza...

8gallons of gas all over my parents driveway(i feel sorry for the new owners when they move

in LOL)

I repaired the tank again and took it down to Drop Em's cruise in and thats when the FUN

started:

On the way there:

Tow strap breaks on 95 going over the Del Mem Bridge, borrowed a club members and made it

the rest of the way

Once there:

-go to the preparty, truck dies, the fuel pump fuse(ign1?) blew... put a new one in good to

go
-Lay out the truck in the hotel parking lot, kills the patch on the tank and gas all over

the lot, club members run to wally world and get me stuff to patch it while its on the

trailer
-Get to the show the next day, tried not to let the tank hit the ground and the patch STILL

gives, gas all over and the whole show smelled like gas due to me
-Get the truck on the trailer, on the way home, we stop for breakfast and notice my one

trailer tire is flat, go to wally world, put a patch in the tire and head on our way
-15 miles down the highway, the tire blows out and we put my buddys spare on it(i gave mine

to a former friend on the way to this show LAST year and i never got it back.. thanks

asshole)

So i finally go the truck home in my garage and its time for a TEARDOWN!!!

so here are the plans:

- Rear Disc Swap
- Steel Tank(Devious)
- Redo the air management (Currently have 5/8" line and 1/2" fills and 3/8" dumps... TOO

FAST and i hate touching switches so i'm putting flow controls on the lifts and dumps as

well as check valves!)
- Install my SD Uppers and Lowers and Sway Bar!!
- Retub the front as the "legit" shop that laid the truck out did a half as job and my truck

doesn't lay out in the front... what money well wasted...
- Redo the entire bed setup
- Redo some of the interior
- Clean up the engine bay and make it shiney!
- Ditch ABS and put in a chrome booster and master

So heres how the truck currently sits in my garage:

We got the bed off and went to install the devious tank that i received.

Step 1: Raise the damn front gas tank cross member!!!! Done!

Step 2: Modify the 5-Link gas tank member to fit the Devious Tank. Done!

Issue #1: The devious tank's filler neck port is 2" my truck with a plastic tank is 1

1/4"... It's location also puts it right to the bed mount with ZERO clearance.. not good!!

Issue #2: The fuel pump hole will not let me reuse the fuel pump gasket and the pump wont

fit in the hole with the gasket...

Issue #3: The fuel pump's location is in the wrong spot. The stock fuel lines will not get

to the pump without modifications and they are also going right over where the filler neck

connects... not a good idea

I'm not bashing Devious at all.. Yet... Jeff said that if I had any issues with the tank to

call him so I plan on calling them monday. I tried this morning but with SEMA and it being

a saturday, I didn't expect anyone to answer. My hope is that they will step up to the

plate and send me a new tank that is modified with the "corrected" fitment issues so that

anyone else buying one doesn't have them anymore...

Here you can see the tank fits in correctly, but it does have issues with the 5-link

wishbone.. I expected there to be some issues in that respect since i'm not using the

devious cross member that comes with the kit so i can not fault them at all on that... that

will be taken care of though...

Look at all that room!!!

While the bed is off, Rich(1/4MileCrazy) also noticed that my 5-link lift lift bar bracket

was installed wrong by the shop that originally bagged it(not the shop that "laid" it out)

If you notice it is farther back and not using the holes for the bumper... We also realized

that my rear might not be laying out due to the bags bottoming out. We are going to put the

largest tabs on and see if that helps, if not, custom tabs may have to be made that will

sacrifice lift but i'm not worried about lift.

With the rear out of our hands for now until i get a hold of Devious and my rear disc parts

in my hand, we moved to the front to check out what was up with the front.

On the driver side you can see that the tire hits the tub AND the brake booster. The

booster will be replaced so thats no biggy but I'm upset that this tire combination hits the

tub. I had asked for the truck to be laid out on 235/35/20's and i'm running 225/35/20s in

the front and that smaller tire isn't laying out....

Moving on to the passenger side, theres MORE issues...

Once again its rubbing on the tub:

And now this time, its rubing on the blower box:

Once again, i paid a good amount of money for this to be done correctly the first time and

it wasn't done right.. thanks... I feel bad because i recommended this shop to a buddy and

he is having the SAME issues with his truck not laying out also.

We did some more once overs and we noticed that the trans pan is DANGEROUSLY close to the

same level as the frame and front crossmember

Our plan is to install a smaller trans pan possibly from a camaro that way there is no

issues with dragging.

My goal with this truck is to drag the piss out of the frame! After the incident with the

drag block i want nothing to do with them anymore and honestly... they are dangerous!

Ohh.. and when removing the front cross member, i snapped the damn bolt for the strap... arg

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
Project: The Cursed S10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
No longer a pizza tech.

Re: [Project] The Cursed S10

holy shit problems

Ryan
90 2.5 5 speed, bag project
01 Jimmy 2dr 2wd daily driver
post #3 of 126 Old 11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Hoods are overrated

Send a message via AIM to sadexcuse4s10

they sent you a tank for the older pre-98 trucks.

the older trucks have a larger fuel inlet and a small overflow hose. they also have a metal crush ring pump, no plastic pump/sending unit at all.

but IMO you shouldn't have wasted your $ on that devious tank if you never even raised the front tank support to begin with. My little bro's truck has the plastic tank and i raised the front bracket and rear tank x-member and he hasn't dragged the tank at all.

Project '86 *Shame to Fame* FOR SALE, wife expecting baby. No engine or trans.

'93 Honda XR650L rebuild
post #4 of 126 Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 AM
DELIBERATE DESIGNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadexcuse4s10 View Post

the older trucks have a larger fuel inlet and a small overflow hose. they also have a metal crush ring pump, no plastic pump/sending unit at all.

but IMO you shouldn't have wasted your $ on that devious tank if you never even raised the front tank support to begin with. My little bro's truck has the plastic tank and i raised the front bracket and rear tank x-member and he hasn't dragged the tank at all.
I think he asumed that the shop had done it correctly.

Good luck man!

Jordan (JJ, Gordo)
facebook.com/DeliberateDesignsLLC

~PROJECT THREAD~
post #5 of 126 Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadexcuse4s10 View Post

The design is for any metal tank... i had a plastic tank so i knew there would possibly be SOME issues but Jeff said there wouldn't be.. You may think I wasted money on that tank and thats fine that's your opinion but like i said, I dont want to have ANY issues with this thing... pissing out gas and dragging is not smart and we've all seen what happened to that white s10... If a couple more bucks gets me a few inches higher from the ground when i drag then I'm all for it!

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #6 of 126 Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Tonight the world is mine

Send a message via AIM to TubbD

Damn man! No issues from Carlisle? Well glad that all this shit id getting fixed. No idea that it was this bad

*subscribed

-Dustin-
MN > Your state
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker1978 View Post
Still doesn't compare the size of your ego. You're like 5'3" with a 10' tall ego
post #7 of 126 Old 11-09-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Just got off the phone with Devious Customs.. They said no one has ever complained about the issues that I'm having with their tank and they want to know all the problems so that they can fix them for any other person who orders them with a plastic tank!

This is the type of customer service that I like to hear about!

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #8 of 126 Old 11-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Good luck with the project.
post #9 of 126 Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Director O' Forum

Garage

saweet! Glad to see you going through and doing some stuff you wanted to!

Severed TIES <> Ohio | R.I.P. Fred Browne '80-'06 | R.I.P. Grant '82-'02 | R.I.P "Loenuff" '66-'07 | R.I.P. Terryl '57 -'09
post #10 of 126 Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM

Damn dude, best of luck.

That rusted S10.
post #11 of 126 Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Jeff from Devious just sent me a shipping label to send the tank back to them so Ill do that saturday while I'm down at my garage. So basically its a week to ship from NJ to Cali then a week from Cali to NJ so i'll have my tank for hopefully the first weekend in December. Id have liked to have it earlier so I could make the truck driveable but hey... I'll take what I can get

My goal for this weekend is to rip the entire front end apart, at the least the hood and fenders.

I'll also be finally hooking up my compressor at my garage so that I can take the truck off jack stands and air it up when needed etc so it will make working on this thing a little easier.

Most of my fittings etc that i ordered from SD came this week also... gonna order my brake booster and master from waylayed tomorrow. Has anyone used their combo on a 2nd gen? I've read that some people were having issues and needed to adjust a screw on the master

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #12 of 126 Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?

Send a message via AIM to llorracs93s10

Damn it....you were in delaware and didnt let me know!?!?! taht show was 15 mins from me! That is a laundry list of issues....i feel your pain, mine werent cosmetic issues, but i still feel your pain.

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq
93 S10 - 355ci lt1 - PAINTED - eagle 225's 18x8s/18x10s with 285s out back - erson 218/226 .533 ex/in lift , 02 blazer 8.5 rear --> GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
90 obs Silverado - 5.3l swapped - 3 in. BL - 33x12.5x15s - Cragar soft 8's --> Daily
85 Monte Carlo SS --> l92/4l80e swap - In progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
llorracs93s10 has the baddest truck on this site...imo
post #13 of 126 Old 11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
.:|Hustlin4life|:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingPlastic View Post
Jeff from Devious just sent me a shipping label to send the tank back to them so Ill do that saturday while I'm down at my garage. So basically its a week to ship from NJ to Cali then a week from Cali to NJ so i'll have my tank for hopefully the first weekend in December. Id have liked to have it earlier so I could make the truck driveable but hey... I'll take what I can get

My goal for this weekend is to rip the entire front end apart, at the least the hood and fenders.

I'll also be finally hooking up my compressor at my garage so that I can take the truck off jack stands and air it up when needed etc so it will make working on this thing a little easier.

Most of my fittings etc that i ordered from SD came this week also... gonna order my brake booster and master from waylayed tomorrow. Has anyone used their combo on a 2nd gen? I've read that some people were having issues and needed to adjust a screw on the master
The rod in the booster will need to be adjusted for any application...if you put it on and it doesn't need adjusted you just got lucky Real simple to do though and there are a couple how to's on here
post #14 of 126 Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Okay so small update while i'm at work:

1: Ordered my chrome booster/master combo from Waylayed yesterday
2: All the parts for my rear disc conversion arrived to my apartment monday... now i just need to pick up caliper paint and paint the calipers and mounting brackets
3: Sent the devious tank back to Devious yesterday. I have been busy so I haven't had time to stop off at a UPS store until then

The entire front end sheet metal is now off my truck. I did that friday night while i was at my garage in about 2.5 hours. A lot quicker than I had imagined! I kind of wish that i had stopped and picked up a pickle fork before i started working on it because i could have started to remove the stock front arms but i just stopped after that

I also started to remove my old air management from my bed. I got all the valves out and would have gotten the 2 5gals and the 450s out if i had another hand to hold the wrench on the top bolt. When i install my 12gal, i'm welding a nut on the bottom of my bed so that i can remove it without needing two people!

I have pics of the front end off the truck back at my apartment, just been too busy to upload them

Anyone need stock modified control arms or 5 gallon tanks?? let me know they should be off the truck friday night!

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #15 of 126 Old 11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
DELIBERATE DESIGNS

Nice man!

Where did you get the brakes from?

Jordan (JJ, Gordo)

~PROJECT THREAD~
post #16 of 126 Old 11-19-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

an ebay auction had calipers, brackets, backing plates, new rotors and new discs and i did the best offer for a total of $206 shipped to my door!

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #17 of 126 Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
DELIBERATE DESIGNS

Quote:
an ebay auction had calipers, brackets, backing plates, new rotors and new discs and i did the best offer for a total of $206 shipped to my door!
Damn!

Jordan (JJ, Gordo)

~PROJECT THREAD~
post #18 of 126 Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Director O' Forum

Garage

wtf i hate you mike! haha

Severed TIES <> Ohio | R.I.P. Fred Browne '80-'06 | R.I.P. Grant '82-'02 | R.I.P "Loenuff" '66-'07 | R.I.P. Terryl '57 -'09
post #19 of 126 Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

lol.. i had to jump on it... i low balled the **** outta the offer and they accepted... with my luck the calipers will be seized though lol

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #20 of 126 Old 11-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Local Tech

i posted this earlier, and it didnt show up....... what rear disc setup did you get? pics?

2004 Commemorative Edition Corvette

2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport
post #21 of 126 Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Mike, they are just blazer rear discs... using that and the 1/4" spacers from s10warehouse..

I have some new pics i'll uplaod after work.. i know i've been lazy and slacking...

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #22 of 126 Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

okay so as i promised updates.

two weekends ago, i got the fenders and entire front end off the truck. I figured it would take me a lot longer than it actually did but was quite easy. only took like 2.5 hours to do.. not bad for a first timer

driver side:

Here you can see how big the blower box is. It is prolly going to have to be done, or i'm going to be getting heat only.. though id prefer to keep my AC.. once again.. money wasted if i can't make the current one work...

Now.. this weekend i started on the control arms... SD uppers and lowers with the shock attachments and swaybars.

Started with the passenger side:

that side went in without a hitch really... just found the pickle fork i purchased was pointless... everything came out with a hammer much easier!!!

The driver side wasn't that easy... i walked away at 230 AM looking like this(mind you this is after the 100mile drive to my garage and then working on it since 9PM)

I was having an issue with the steering shaft preventing me from removing the control arm. I attempted to remove the steering shaft by removing the plastic cover and the green bolt holding the shaft to the splines but couldnt get the shaft off the splines.. after struggling a bit i gave up. But after reading i was doing the right thing and i just needed to pull a bit harder

There you can see the control arm being blocked by the shaft

like i said i called it a night after this and thats what my truck still looks like...

BUT i came home from work tonight with a nice package in front of my door

woo chrome booster and master from waylayed!

Hopefully friday morning when i head down there i'll finish everything with the control arms and start on the booster... maybe even begin pluming the valves and whatnot so i can have this thing "driveable" at least.

Though i did install my compressor the other weekend with my father BUT he seems to have misplaced the regulator and the rubber isolators but we'll be looking for those at their house up by my apartment thursday morning before we get fatter!

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...

Last edited by MeltingPlastic; 11-23-2009 at 09:11 PM.
post #23 of 126 Old 11-23-2009, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

small update.. Just got off the phone with Jeff from Devious as soon as i posted this.. he shipped out my modified tank this afternoon. He said luck would have it that they had a truck in for work that had my style gas tank and saw that there were a lot of differences and took care of all of it!

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #24 of 126 Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 PM

man....i want some tubulars now. I need more header to UCA clearnce. Do you got stock inners or do you have trailor fenders in there?

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq
93 S10 - 355ci lt1 - PAINTED - eagle 225's 18x8s/18x10s with 285s out back - erson 218/226 .533 ex/in lift , 02 blazer 8.5 rear --> GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
90 obs Silverado - 5.3l swapped - 3 in. BL - 33x12.5x15s - Cragar soft 8's --> Daily

Quote:
post #25 of 126 Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

trailer fenders... which will probably have to be redone to make sure they clear the 245/35/20s... like i said, i was running 225/35/20s and the truck wasn't laying out so i have no idea if its the tubs that were the issue etc... we'll see when it gets to that stage.. hopefully by the end of next month...

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #26 of 126 Old 11-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Director O' Forum

Garage

Quote:
small update.. Just got off the phone with Jeff from Devious as soon as i posted this.. he shipped out my modified tank this afternoon. He said luck would have it that they had a truck in for work that had my style gas tank and saw that there were a lot of differences and took care of all of it!

WOOOOOO!

post #27 of 126 Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Local Tech

looks good, bro! Lol i had no idea s10warehouse sold those adapters.... ive had a blazer disc setup that i never even put on. I just ordered those adapters yesterday, so when i get my moser axles this winter, ill have discs too..... Btw, id like to see pics of upper arm clearance laid out if possible.... i might have to get me a set, cuz my modded uppers suck

2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport
post #28 of 126 Old 11-24-2009, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Will do once i get it all back together buddy! hoping friday cause i'll be working on it all day!(yay for being able to run to the parts store when you need shit instead of at 2AM lol)

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #29 of 126 Old 11-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1s10onair View Post
looks good, bro! Lol i had no idea s10warehouse sold those adapters.... ive had a blazer disc setup that i never even put on. I just ordered those adapters yesterday, so when i get my moser axles this winter, ill have discs too..... Btw, id like to see pics of upper arm clearance laid out if possible.... i might have to get me a set, cuz my modded uppers suck
u got the 8.5 rear right? if so wat part number is the axles ur getting? I was tossing around the axle swap when i get he posi and gears done for me.

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq

Quote:
post #30 of 126 Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Local Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorracs93s10 View Post
u got the 8.5 rear right? if so wat part number is the axles ur getting? I was tossing around the axle swap when i get he posi and gears done for me.
havent called yet, ill let you know

2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport
post #31 of 126 Old 11-29-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

So i did some more work this weekend.

I finished installing the driver side control arms. I took some advice from afterhours dave and removed the tombstone on the UCA bolt and just tightened the bolts that way.. made life 100x easier! too bad i had already pulled the steering shaft to get the uppers outta the way but hey no biggie!

Once i got the control arms on, it was time to tackle the brake booster... lets just say that was the BIGGEST pain in the ass ever!!! to make life easier after struggling, i ended up pulling the entire steering column in my truck to get to the upper right nut for the stock booster... once it was out, it went right back in quite easily!

only issue i've seen with this booster though is the vacume line is too small.. should be easy to just get an adapter for the hose and call it a day though

at this point my camera crapped out on me but i did get more work done..

I installed my sway bar... the issue with this was i couldnt figure out what size bolt i needed for the frame mounts.. i picked up 10x1.5's fri night and they were too big,sat i picked up 8x1.25s but they were too small so i figured maybe it was standard.. the 3/8's bolts would thread but didnt feel right... i ended up just retapping the holes 10x1.5 and called it a day...
just need to get washers and locknuts cause the head of the 10mm is too large for my my socket to fit between the bracket so a washer or two should take care of that!

I also picked up new shocks but couldnt install them due to not having a large enough bench vice to push out the 1/2" eyelet and install the 5/8" shock stud.. i'll prolly do that at work one night this week or something.. easy fix though

I'll be taking next weekend off due to cali style toy drive but when i get back its all brakes baby... gonna do the rear disc swap as well as install the new master and delete the ABS..

once that happens i'll lay the truck out and see where i have issues with what hitting.. i know i need to get the y-pipe taken care of cause i can tell that already hangs too low but i want to make sure i don't hit anywhere else besides the blower box... then i'll buy some sheetmetal to attempt to make my own that actually fits correctly!(should be fun!)

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #32 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM

u the man!

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq

Quote:
post #33 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

So my tank arrived from devious today! looks like jeff made a small mistake and rewelded the small vent tube onto the tank again and then realized it wasnt the correct size so he never opened up the hole behind it... so i have a random small vent hole on the side of the tank haha..If it gets in the way i'll just lop it off... he also put in the two small vent connectors that i needed... i think one may be in the way of the crossmember... if thats the case i'll just remove it, put a flush mount cap in it and put it where it needs to be.. i'll have to wait and see when i remount the tank in 2 weeks(taking next weekend off for cali-style toy drive!)

and showing the random vent lol

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #34 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 07:59 PM

thats pretty cool looking. So it mounts where the stock one did? how much more clearnce does that one give you vs. stock ones including the ''raised'' tank mod?

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq

Quote:
post #35 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

if you look up in the thread it shows clearance, theres a good 2 maybe 3 inches above the frame... i'll get more pics once i install it

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #36 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Director O' Forum

Garage

looks great! polish that ****er out!

post #37 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

no thanks scotty... its under the bed and outta the way.. i got more important things to do than polish a gas tank lol

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #38 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Director O' Forum

Garage

for shame lol

post #39 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
if you look up in the thread it shows clearance, theres a good 2 maybe 3 inches above the frame... i'll get more pics once i install it
whoops, didnt see that pic, lol. Looks good none the less. Keep it up.

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq

Quote:
post #40 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppedss View Post
for shame lol
don't worry, i have some parts going to the powder coaters soon

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #41 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Director O' Forum

Garage

Saweet!

post #42 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
AcrophobiA

Good stuff man. Making great progress.

Oh, and while you have it down this far. Might as well BD it

Get With it,
Brandt
post #43 of 126 Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

nah no bding it... next truck will be bded though.. this one i just wanna keep laying frame

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #44 of 126 Old 12-01-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
nah no bding it... next truck will be bded though.. this one i just wanna keep laying frame
I love when ppl say that quote, ....I cant seem to think of putting this kinda money into another truck. Wish i was able to say the same haha.

Hey on a serious note, those sd uppers, the ends of the crosshafts that meet into the CA, how much clearnce did they give vs. teh stocker UCAs? I just got lowering coils for my truck and i wanted to get more header to UCA room.

Justin
313rwhp/337rwtq

Quote:
post #45 of 126 Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
only issue i've seen with this booster though is the vacume line is too small.. should be easy to just get an adapter for the hose and call it a day though
is the checkvalve too small or the hose?? if its the checkvalve just pull the one off the old booster and use it.. thats what i had to do.

Last edited by Slammed03; 12-01-2009 at 08:53 PM.
post #46 of 126 Old 12-01-2009, 08:56 PM

c'mon get crackin on this thing lol you going to the toy drive this weekend??
post #47 of 126 Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

read post #31 yes i'll be there...and sorry i work slow. i like to make sure im doing things correctly and NOT have any more problems like this.. and i catch myself staring at my truck contemplating my plan of attack a lot of times before i actually turn a wrench haha

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #48 of 126 Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Local Tech

Removing the "tombstones" from the uca bolts does make it easier, but thats not gonna be fun to align.....

2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport
post #49 of 126 Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

why not? i think it would be easier to align... pop the top ball joint outta the spindle, adjust as needed, then put the ball joint back in... all done

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
post #50 of 126 Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Broken Handed Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorracs93s10 View Post
I love when ppl say that quote, ....I cant seem to think of putting this kinda money into another truck. Wish i was able to say the same haha.

Hey on a serious note, those sd uppers, the ends of the crosshafts that meet into the CA, how much clearnce did they give vs. teh stocker UCAs? I just got lowering coils for my truck and i wanted to get more header to UCA room.
umm... clearance between the arm and the manifolds? it freed up some but im not sure how much... but it might be different for you since you have headers

Mike Grounded 4 Life
2002 X-Cab S10...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page