First two mods: e-fan and open air intake. I used the popular option, the taurus fan.
After some measuring and test fitting, i decided to remove the two tabs and small lip that were on the one end of the shroud.
Out with the old
In with the new. I am very well pleased with how this fan fits the radiator. It covers 99%, only leaving one row at the top open. I used some adhesive backed weather stripping to make a good seal around the shroud and prevent the shroud from rubbing on the radiator.
The tab on the bottom of the shroud fits right down into the plastic tray below the radiator giving it good support and holding the bottom in tight. As for mounting, i used 4 through radiator zip ties, they hold it in place very well.
For top mounting of the radiator, i modified the factory top shroud with an air saw. This is also what i used to remove the tabs and lip from the end of the e-fan shroud.
Aside from the slightly less than flawlessly straight cut, it nearly looks like a factory install. Modifying the top shroud in this way also allows for the mounting of the factory intake if someone wanted to go that route.
As for wiring, I am using an adjustable thermostat heat probe that is mounted at the top of the back side of the radiator under the shroud, when the thermostat reaches its set point, it triggers the 40A fan relay. My power and ground wires are all 10AWG wire to make sure they can carry the load.
The completed install.
As for the intake, this is a custom job made from left over pipe and couplers and clamps from installing the front mount intercooler on my TDI jetta.