I made a bit of progress this weekend! I've been shifting most of my attention to my E28 lately but I do want to get this thing back on the road and driveable. Not to mention a few things have been slowing progress down on the BMW but for those who are intersted here is a quick little update on that.
Got the interior 90% gutted, removed the seats, dash, carpet, everything from the trunk because I wanted to do a thorough inspection of the floors rigidity because I had my doubts about the lack of rust I could see.
Most of what you see is surface rust. Ive been trying to punch the old sound deadening out to repaint the floors and dynamat them and all was going fairly smooth until I found this little guy
Not really that bad but its something I will be immediately addressing once the S10 is back up and running. I already have all the materials to form the patch I just need to well, form the patch and have someone weld it in because I dont have a welder. Another big thing is the location of the BMW. I do have two driveways and the S10 is occupying the wider section of that so I will eventually be switching spots. I also got a set of one of my bucket list wheels, BBS RF
And my friend decided he wants to photoshop how the BMW will look lowered and wearing those wheels
ENOUGH ABOUT THE BMW THIS IS AN S10 FORUM!!!!!!!!!
BMW build thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=83144
Heres what my neighbors have been looking at for the past two weeks!
I had planned on getting the trans out last weekend but I had to do brakes on my Ranger and some family events interfered with progress. I also got really hung up on the transmission lines because I didn't realize there was a little clip that holds the damn thing in so I wrenched off the bottom line which took forever, and then popped off the top line. Unbolted the torque converter, and bellhousing bolts and voila!
The bane of my fcuking existence. Im picking up a used transmission today actually. I need to grab a few things before I toss that one in, things like a rear main seal, neutral safety switch, and some random sensor I accidentally annihilated. One thing I felt was quite abnormal was the amount of fluid that came from the output shaft. Like seriously so much fluid came out it was insane and it made a crazy mess in my driveway. But that gave me an excuse to push the truck back and throw down some speedy dry.
Even though its on ZQ8s and sitting about an inch and a half higher than it used to, it feels so good seeing on flat ground. My plan for wheels this year is a combination of 0 offset GTA wheels I scored from Tim (IHaveNoPantsOn) and some randy scrandy. But while I work on refinishing those I want to run the BBS RF's because well, they're the nicest wheels I've ever owned. They're 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 even though I much rather be on 18s, I still feel they're a good temporary wheel. Here are the GTA's btw.
I need to strip the clear, sand down the lips and take out all the imperfections out of them, paint the faces BBS gold, and polish the lips. I actually always wanted to run a set of these so part of me is excited. Thats all for now, with any luck I might be able to get the trans back in next weekend. We'll see. I'll keep you guys updated