Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: Bought a crew cab S10, and just feeling out the forum.
I use the plasma to cut straight lines by tacking or clamping a straight edge to the material being cut. Then I just run the stinger along the straight edge. Works pretty well.
The last time I relocated a floor shift opening, I used a long punch to dimple the 4 corners above the shifter opening from under the truck.
I then took a sharpie and marked the rectangle to cut out on the interior floor. I made straight lines as a pattern and straightened out the opening.
The final step was a cut off wheel to cut out the opening.
The fit was perfect.
I cut a piece of old hood to fill the old shifter hole.
I give you a lot of credit. A totally ambitious project!
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.