2000 boring blazer build - S-10 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 277 Old 01-10-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
In charge of the big door

2000 boring blazer build

I figured I should finally start a build thread on my 2000 blazer. I am not trying to make a hardcore off road vehicle or anything. I will probably keep it at stock height since my wife drives it sometimes. I will mainly be using it as a daily driver. Other than that I donít have a real direction that I want to go in. I just work on it when the mood strikes me, or more likely when I actually have time, which isnít very often. Not with a 17 month old and a wife who works weird hours. Here are some pictures from when I first got it. Just your typical stock blazer.

I actually started this thread last summer on Blazerforum.com. I am just now copying it over here.

Q: How many people can you fit in one Honda?
A: Well, the Bible said that all 12 disciples were in one Accord.

>-----<My Build thread>-----<
>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 277 Old 01-14-2014, 09:38 AM

Re: 2000 boring blazer build

Blazer is looking good! Not many of the pics are working though, just the 1st post
post #3 of 277 Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Looks like I accidentally linked the pictures to my build on Blazerforum.com instead of my photobucket. I guess I need to fix that

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #4 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

lets try this again

Here is some pictures of the flares that I installed. They don't look great (they look terrible actually), but they keep barney Fife off my back, since the wheels stick out about 2" past the fender. I didn't measure the backspacing on the wheels when I had them installed (oops).
Sorry for the dark photos, I wanted to just grab some quick shots while I still had a little bit of light left.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #5 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

I got some 2" wheel spacers for the back.

it makes a huge difference, it actually fills out the flare. My driveway has a weird hump where I am parked, that is why the back wheel is at that weird angle.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #6 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

So I did an electric fan conversion. I'll start with the boring stuff, then on to pictures. I used a set of second generation Dodge intrepid fans I got from the junk yard for $20. I like them because with just a little bit of trimming they fit the blazer radiator perfectly. Also I like the way they are wired. Basically they have 3 wires, 2 positive and 1 ground. When either positive gets 12v both fans run at low speed. but when they both get 12v they go into high speed. I wired them so that when my temp switch gets to about 190 degrees low speed will come on. Also when my AC comes on the low speed comes on. If I have the AC on and the engine gets to 190 degrees they kick into high speed. The one draw back is that this drops my voltage to below 14v and it sounds like it is going to take flight. However, they don't run for too long. I do have to apologize for my lack of picture taking. I usually get into what I am doing and forget to take pictures. I will draw up a quick drawing of my wiring diagram then post pictures of the install. Here is the fan controller that I picked up from my local advance.
Buy Imperial Adjustable Thermostatic Fan Control 226203 at Advance Auto Parts

Here is my wiring diagram (I am not an artist).

Before I bought my blazer it was wrecked and apparently the body shop that fixed it didn't replace the fan shroud. So I didnt mind cutting it up to mount the fans since it was already cracked. I cut the shroud and screwed the top of the fans to it and I added a metal tab in the middle of the fans to sit in the factory slot at the bottom. I didn't grab a picture because I was running out of light. I also cut the edges off tabs and the sides off of the fans because they hit the tanks on my radiator. I'll clean up the cut on the top eventually. I was more focused on getting the wiring and operation done, and then focus on appearance.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #7 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 10:51 AM

Why not get wheels that don't require landscape edging on your wheel wells?
post #8 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

The only wheels with enough back spacing are the stock ones.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #9 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM

Corvette or camaro wheels can be had cheap
post #10 of 277 Old 01-31-2014, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

i have camaro wheels. I am catching up on a years worth posts. check the link below for an up to date build thread

http://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-...r-build-79095/

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #11 of 277 Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Here is the controller box that I build inside of a project box from RadioShack. It fits perfectly on the plastic panel inside the bumper. I ran some small screws with nuts through the panel to hold it in place. the wiring goes as follows. Black = Ground, yellow & blue connected to white = 12v to fans, yellow wires connected to red = 12v from batt., light blue = signal from temp sensor, green connected to light blue, signal from AC.

Here is the box mounted to the panel (this was mounted after all the wiring was done. Just in case some of this seems out of order.)

from underneath

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #12 of 277 Old 02-03-2014, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Here is my fan controller. It has a temp sensor which is attached to the radiator with the supplied hardware. The wire on the left goes to the engine temp relays and the one on the left comes from a wire on the core support (wiper motor harness) to tell it the key is on. This way the fans won't come on unless the key is in the ignition. This doesn't supply power, it just tells the relays when to turn the fan on. the larger bolt is also where the fans ground. The bolt it self is rusty but the metal underneath is clean. I know this wiring looks messy, but I took the picture of the temporary set up just to test it. It has all been cleaned up since then.

The green wire here is from the AC clutch that goes to the fan relays to tell the AC fan to come on. the blue one in the back goes to the fan controller. I actually ran them inside the wire looms down to the fuse box. This way they look nice and clean. at the fuse box I ran them out of the loom and under the fuse box. This is also where I connected the 12v and i put them all in some split loom and ran it down to the controller. the signal for the controller comes out of the loom at the core support and goes to the controller. Then the wire from the controller goes into the loom.

Here is where the power wire connects and meets the signal wires and goes into the loom. In the second picture you can see the harness before I ran it through the firewall and put the connector on the end. In the third you can see where it goes down to the core support by the washer bottle.

Here is the harness coming through the fire wall. I didn't get a picture, but the grounds for the relays are connected to the firewall.

Here the harness with the end on it. I used the stock connectors from the Intrepid since they have the right number of connectors and they are weather proof. I might shorten the loom up later because it is a little bit long. I just connected my wiring with crimp connectors, so shortening it wouldn't be a big deal.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #13 of 277 Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

More efan pics!

my signal wires are run inside the stock looms and taped up looking very factory

I didn't get a picture of the connector on the fans themselves because it was a weird spot. What I did was unhook them from up top and zip tied them to the frame on the bottom of the fan and ran them under the core support.

Here is the connector coming from the bottom of the fans.

Here is the wire coming up to the back of the bumper to connect to the controller box

Fans mounted. the connector in this picture has been moved down to the bottom. It was much easier to connect it to the controller that way.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #14 of 277 Old 02-03-2014, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

I got some clear turn signals

I decided not to really do a how to on this since it is very simple. Just pull the grill off and pop out the old lights and put the new ones in (make sure to install amber bulbs).

Here is is with the stock lights

I have defaced my blazer!

Old and new lights

New lights in. I think it looks way better.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #15 of 277 Old 02-03-2014, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

New cat-back exhaust

I really didn't do all these projects in one day. I just finally got around to putting them on my computer, resizing them and putting them on Photo bucket. I got the Dynomax 19331 catback system from Amazon. It fits almost perfect. the rear hanger has to be trimmed to avoid hitting the frame. I cut the curved end off with a cutoff wheel, heated it and added a new bend and it fits perfect. Other than that it is inexpensive and very easy to install. the pictures aren't great because I had to use my parents' very cramped garage. I need to buy a place with my own garage. I have had it on for a couple months. It is very quiet. It has a slight rumble on start up and is quiet during driving. It is a little too quiet for me. Here is a link to the exhaust I, and some pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-19331-Exhaust-System/dp/B000CIR3K0/http://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-19331-Exhaust-System/dp/B000CIR3K0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391453818&sr=8-1&keywords=dynomax+19331
Here is the exhaust un-boxed. It comes with everything except the tools

Here it is next to the giant stock muffler. It doesn't show up really well in the picture but the stock tailpipe was smashed quite badly. I put a red circle around it. sometimes I wonder what the PO did to this blazer

I didn't weld it yet just used the supplied clamps. I might get a flowmaster, i like my exhaust to make a little more noise.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #16 of 277 Old 02-03-2014, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

I don't think anyone is really reading this thread, but I'll update it anyway. I grabbed a set of 15" Camaro wheels of CL for $200 with tires. I sold the tires for $30 since they were car tires. The wheels were aqua, so I didn't want to keep that. I wanted to go gunmetal but keep the polished edges. So I primed them and painted the inside with black hammer finish paint. I used the red primer because I had a bunch of it. After 2 wheels I switched to dark gray because the red kept popping through. for the front of the wheels I primed them, and they sanded the edges, painted with 3 coats of duplicolor hammer finish then sanded the edges. then cleared them. There are some blemishes and dings and knicks in the wheels, but then again they are old and not really that expensive. when i was done painting i sanded the exposed eges with 150 grit, then 320 grit. That gave me the polished look I was going for. After that i put 3 coats of duplicolor clear on them. The guy I got the wheels from drilled and tapped the alignment holes for the factory center caps and used some small screws to hold on the aftermarket caps. Surprisingly the caps fit perfectly in the small recess in the center bore of the wheel. Sorry for being so wordy, I will just post a bunch of pictures now.

removing the center caps

washing and scuffing

scuffed (front and back) and ready for priming

priming the back

All black

On to the front

taped and ready for paint

primer

Paint!

first one painted, sanded, and cleared. the sanding of the polished edges during coats took forever. Oh and the carpet, is an old carpet in my basement, not my living room or anything.

half way there

4 15s in the back of the blazer!

mounted and on the blazer.

with center caps

parked next to my wife's forester with my dogs. They ride around in the back of my blazer all the time.

we went out for my wife's birthday and I parked next to this nice looking first gen.

Baja Blazer 85 likes this.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #17 of 277 Old 02-05-2014, 10:46 PM
get over it....

sub'd and deff watching, keep it up is looks good.... I think I might do the gunmetal gray on my c6 this upcoming summer.....

btw I got a brand new intrepid fans I want to install it but idk which way to do wiring and I like ur diagram so im going to give some thought on it and who knows....

2003 blazer 4 door 4x4 black. lowered 3/3 c6 wheels, ZQ8 Box, K&N CAI, HP Trans.Cooler, PCMPowerTunes, Magnaflow with no cats..
2000 s10 ls, (SOLD) n Missed...
2008 Chevy Aveo ls....( SOLD )...

Brasilian by Birth , Bostonian by Choice

follow me on instagram: @ Bad_S10
post #18 of 277 Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I have a lot more to add, just need to get around to it. If you have any questions about the wiring feel free to shoot me a PM.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #19 of 277 Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

For the last couple of days i have been having less and less power but no Check engine light. This morning any time the engine got to around 2k rpm it would stumble and almost stall. I can't get above 40 mph unless I am going down hill. When I was coming down the road to my office I decided to floor it. That triggered a PO339, PO339P, & PO410P code. I know what the codes mean, but does this mean i need to replace my heat pump, and my crank sensor?

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #20 of 277 Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Professional Insultant

Garage
Send a message via MSN to TokoDragon

The rims look great!

I hope you get the issue figured out

Too bad you have a 4-doo0ooo0oor I don't think bushwhacker makes flares for them.

But I have seen people modify them, or a ZR2 flare to fit on the back of a 4-door blazer.
post #21 of 277 Old 02-09-2014, 07:52 PM

dnt know much about the codes but the crank sensor is stupid easy to replace.
post #22 of 277 Old 02-09-2014, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Apparently German 4 doors came with flares. Maybe I should check eBay Germany.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #23 of 277 Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

I thought you had to "re learn" the sensor. it could be the wiring also, not the sensor.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #24 of 277 Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Maybe later.

Garage
Send a message via AIM to tytotheler92

You know, I like the idea of flares, and landscaping stuff doesn't bother me.

The wheels look great btw!

I've had wayyy to many of these trucks. (Currently...on number 7)

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fackinsteve View Post
3 doors for 1 and a half whores
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmcgover View Post
He only bought one wheel. So every picture we see is going to be a pic where either the rear or front is conveniently out of frame.

post #25 of 277 Old 02-10-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.. The wheel paint is holding up okay for now. They got a little chipped around the lug nuts which is normal. I took the center caps off because the salty PA roads were making them get rusty. 15 minutes and a brillo pad later they look like new. I'll put em back on in spring.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #26 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

So, I decided to replace my Dynomax muffler with a Flowmaster super44. I also decided to weld it this time. The only issue I have so far is that the strap that came with the Dynomax is too big for the Flowmaster and now it rattles, very annoying (this turned out to be the heat shield on the converter). However, the Flowmaster sounds a lot better as in it isn't super quiet. It is not loud at all, but it puts out a little rumble, as much as you can get with a V6 anyway. I had to use 2 extension pieces I grabbed from Advance auto parts and I painted it with black exhaust paint. Now, behold my awesome welding skills.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #27 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

So I got my DR44G for $50 on ebay. However, I got the one with a 2 pin voltage regulator. After some research I found out that you can swap the voltage regulators. So I ordered one for $41.70. I also got a smaller pulley for the alternator for $20 on ebay. So I am into this alternator for $111.70 . Here are some pictures of swapping out the pulley and. voltage regulator.

Here is the blurry alternator when I first got it

I used and old belt and vice grips to hold the pulley and an impact to break the nut off. It comes right off.

Old and new pulleys

The new pulley goes on the same way the old one came off

Now for the regulator

first remove the back cover

Removed the 3 screws (I used a 4mm 6 point socket) and the sleeve on the alternator post, it is a press on, need a lot of force and patience with this.

Then I had to remove the solder from the connector that I am using a screwdriver to point out. Once again it took about 10 minutes to melt the solder, much patience was required.

And the old regulator is off

Then I put the new one on in the reverse of how the old one came off

I had to modify the back cover to get the new one to fit. I also cleaned off the melted plastic from the dremel tool.

Dat Blur!

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #28 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

I got my alternator installed. Now when my fans kick on high speed I don't drop much below 14 as opposed to barely getting 12 with the old one. once I got the old alternator out I spun it and sounded like I had a bearing going bad. So I guess it was a good time for a replacement anyway. Also the 96" long belt I got fit perfectly.

With the old alternator and both fans on high (these are some aftermarket gauges that I have since gotten rid of).

Old alternator

No alternator

New alternator, pulley and belt.

voltage with both fans on high with the new alternator, major difference.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #29 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

So I figured the first step in installing my amp would be to get a good ground. So I drilled a hole in the floor and used a 3/8' bolt with 2 body washers (all stainless steel. I sanded the paint off on the inside and outside of the floor. I used a 4 gauge battery cable, cut it to length then crimped an end on it. it was red, because that is what I had laying around, so I covered it in electrical tape. I grounded it at the frame using the exhaust hanger. I sanded it down to bare metal underneath where the ground mounts to it.

This will be under the carpet, with another washer and a nut on top.

Underneath

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #30 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Here is a quick breakdown of how my stereo will work. I have a sony CDX-GT520 headunit, which will power the 2 4x6 speakers in the dash. I have a Kenwood 5 channel amp which will run my sub and all 4 doors. I already have it mounted to the passenger rear side where my OnStar unit used to be. I will put it back under the factory cover that used to be there, probably with a couple small cooling fans in it. I will get into more detail and post pictures when I find time to work on it.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #31 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Here is the Cerwin-Vega VEGA3104 that I got for the sub. It is in a box that I made and (poorly) carpeted. I think it will eventually get undercoated. Instead of using a terminal cup I just used screws with nuts as posts. I wired the sub in parallel to get to 2 ohms.

right out of the box

Here are the wires. I pre-cut them to make sure they were all the same length. I figures since the terminals on the sub will take up to 10 gauge I might as well use that since it is a 1200 watt sub. I had a boss phantom 10", which actually wasn't half bad. the cerwin vega doesn't actaully fit in the hole in the box all the way, even though it is for a 10" sub. I will trim it eventually.

pre cut wires

Connected to the box

sub installed. you can't tell from this picture but it doesn't fit all the way flush.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #32 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
get over it....

i bought a brand new one for 125.00....

2003 blazer 4 door 4x4 black. lowered 3/3 c6 wheels, ZQ8 Box, K&N CAI, HP Trans.Cooler, PCMPowerTunes, Magnaflow with no cats..

post #33 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Maybe later.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajohns34 View Post

Is your truck trying to be a Colorado with the mismatched instrument panel to Radio/HVAC/Headlight lighting?!

I kid, I kid. Nice work on the sub install. I ran my wiring inside under the carpet, but mine was also a very simple setup that didn't need very heavy gauge wire.

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Quote:
He only bought one wheel. So every picture we see is going to be a pic where either the rear or front is conveniently out of frame.

post #34 of 277 Old 02-12-2014, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-S10 View Post
i bought a brand new one for 125.00....
I got mine on sale at sonic electronics for $94.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #35 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Or were you referring to the Alternator?

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #36 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

I got some interior mods done today. I installed my voltage gauge under the headlight switch, I cut the hole a little too wide, I need to do something about that. I also pulled my Indiglo gauges and installed blue LED bulbs. Here are some blurry pics.

Stock gauges

and with the lights on, keep in mind this is around noon. I will take some tonight after it gets dark.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #37 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Here is a shot at night, the picture doesn't do them justice, it looks awesome.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #38 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

So I felt motivated, so let's see what happened (This is from this summer, that is why there is not 2' of snow everywhere.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #39 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

So, I did my big 3. I used 1/0 gauge from the negative to the block and the frame. Then, from the positive to the fuse block that was under the battery, and from the alternator to the positive. I did not keep the factory cables, they were very corroded and not worth keeping. I did get a bunch of pictures but they are blurry so here are the ones that were worth posting.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #40 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM
get over it....

Quote:
Or were you referring to the Alternator?

that^^^

post #41 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Maybe later.

Garage

Quote:
I like that valence color matched without a chrome bumper!

1988 S-15 - 5.5/6 drop

1985 S10 Blazer 4WD

1998 Blazer ZR2 5 Speed!

Quote:
Quote:

post #42 of 277 Old 02-18-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

So I got my stereo install done. I mounted my amp, ran my RCA cables, Wired all 4 doors, installed 4 new speakers in the doors running off my amp. 2 4 x 6s in the dash hooked to the head unit, and connected my Sub.

This is what I pulled out of my front doors, I've never heard of Phonics Digital. I just know they are cheap.

no seats and the power cables run

The new JVC speakers that I put in and the wire run to the door.

new dash speakers next to the stock tweeters.

This next picture takes some explanation. This is my Sony harness to my GM harness. I am not running any factory speakers off the head unit except for the dash. I didnt' want to use the factory wiring because they have a crossover in them since they were just tweeters. So I ran my own wiring and used a 4 pin connector I got from my local electronics store. that is the white connector on the upper right. the blue wire is the amp turn on which just has a quick disconnect male end and the wire to the amp is female (duh!). The cigarette lighter wire is for my sirius, it is connected to the switched 12v. And the only thing I am using from the factory harness is the 12v constant, the 12v switched and the ground. I have since wrapped this all in electrical tape to make it a little neater. I also pulled all of the wires out of the harnesses that I wasn't using

The wires hanging out of my dash opening and my RCA and front speaker wires that run under the console and under the carpet.

Random interior shots. The speakers laying on the floor are my old Cerwin Vega Stealths that were in the back door.

Kenwood KAC-700PS

mounted and connected

More random empty interior shots.

After a serious vacuuming I put the rest of the interior together.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #43 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

I decided to install a cold air intake (eBay special). Mainly because my stock air box was cracked from the accident before I bought it. It was working fine but it kept coming loose and leaking. Also when I did the intake I did a major cleaning of my throttle body and MAF sensor (used MAF cleaner). here are some pictures.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #44 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 09:48 AM
get over it....

nice i have the same from ebay...

post #45 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

I am thinking since my stock air box isn't any good for holding an air filter (it has a crack in it) that I might use it to hold this air filter instead of building a heat shield.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #46 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

So I decided to hide my amp and wires by using the factory On-Star cover. However, it didn't fit over the amp, so a little trimming was required.

This is as far as I could get with a fully charged cordless dremel. Time to break out the extension cord.

here is everything I cut out

Fits perfect, just need some cooling fans installed and then attached.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #47 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

I had a coolant leak, and I replaced the upper radiator hose, because that is what i thought was leaking. It wasn't the cause of the leak, but it needed replacing anyway. my water neck (above the thermostat) was shot.

Rust bubbles, no good

old & new

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #48 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

I finished installing the cover for my amps. I used 2 80mm PC fans, since they run on 12v. I used a 3 inch hole saw. the one that is mounted lower is the intake fan and the upper is the exhaust. I am running them off the remote turn on for the amp. I may wind up getting a 5 - 9 volt voltage regulator to slow them down since they are kind of loud. But for now, here are some pics.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #49 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

When I installed my stereo I noticed that my drivers' front door panel was broken. The part where the door handle screws to the door was broken. I didn't think much of it because it seemed pretty secure when I put it back together. Well I guess all the months of closing the door started to break the clips. Then it began to rattle, it was very obnoxious.

Here is the broken area.

When I cut holes in my On-Star cover I never threw away the pieces that I cut out. so I took one of them and removed the carpet (major P.I.T.A.) then I cut it to fit. I left the handle attached so I cut cut the piece to fit inside the door panel. I used some drywall screws for test fitting and temporarily holding it in place.

Like a glove

time for glue

You can't really tell, but there is clear epoxy on both peices

once it was glued I used 4 tek screws to hold in i place. I also put epoxy around the edges on the top and bottom. When I checked it this morning it was hard as a rock.

Then I replaced all of my clips. I got 25 of them on Amazon for around $10, way cheaper then LMC Truck.

The clips are very very tight. I used a flat head screwdriver to push them in, I slipped on one of them.

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
post #50 of 277 Old 02-19-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

I got an order of Bravada knobs in from Lowobsessions. No real how to needs to be done, just pull the old ones off and put the new ones on.

Blazer knobs

Bravada knobs

>-----<Facebook>-----<
>-----<Instagram>-----<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page