S-10 Forum

S-10 Forum (https://www.s10forum.com/forum/forum.php)
-   Baggin' It (https://www.s10forum.com/forum/baggin-it/)
-   -   New air compressor idea. (https://www.s10forum.com/forum/f125/new-air-compressor-idea-180340/)

DJDAudio 04-22-2005 06:40 PM

New air compressor idea.
 
working on a few things and So far I have worked out this design.
all friction is rolling friction (MUCH less then sliding friction) all sealed roller bearings.

http://www.landisusa.com/comp3.swf

I will finish drawing it and get the in and out ports drawn up.

if you have any crazy ideas on what or how to compress air please let me know below nothing is too crazy.

Just trying to get a few ideas.

cain 04-22-2005 06:55 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
your going a little overboard now lol...everyday its a new thing..

MX_Racer32 04-22-2005 06:59 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
...i got dazed looking at that....

samandjen1 04-22-2005 06:59 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Kind of like a Blower or a whipple super charger.

zaney444 04-22-2005 07:01 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
just like a rotary motor...Mazda Power!!

DJDAudio 04-22-2005 07:06 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by samandjen1
Kind of like a Blower or a whipple super charger.

yup alot like it but with one improvement every compressor ib the market except centerfugal sp? lol uses sliding friction mine will eliminate almost 70% of the heat.

DJDAudio 04-22-2005 07:09 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
new design less moving parts,

http://www.landisusa.com/comp4.swf

dropt98chevy 04-22-2005 07:12 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Thats fun to watch LOL You have too much time and too many crazy ideas.

zaney444 04-22-2005 07:15 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
thats pretty awesome man

rcmaniac 04-22-2005 07:32 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Hehe, you got my a little lossed on this one..

jchargu3 04-22-2005 07:42 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
holy hell...

DJDAudio 04-22-2005 08:06 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
ok not as fun to watch but a woking design,
http://www.landisusa.com/comp5.swf

Now I just have to build it ;)

DJDAudio 04-22-2005 09:00 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 

dropt98chevy 04-22-2005 09:13 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Not as fun to watch but 100times easier to understand.

cali_ryde 04-22-2005 09:15 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJDAudio
ok not as fun to watch but a woking design,
http://www.landisusa.com/comp5.swf

Now I just have to build it ;)

this one kinda looks like its rotating the wrong way ... like its pushing the air out of the in part, but i do like the idea ... gives me a few ideas, if i could only figure out how to use AutoCad i could design up somethin and me and u would get very rich DJD.

cali_ryde 04-22-2005 09:17 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
wait ... kinda looks like it'll push the air out ... just gotta look at it for another 20 mins and ill figure it out

blksdime03 04-22-2005 09:34 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
dude your way to smart for me...i dont even know what the hell i was looking at....good luck though

DJDAudio 04-22-2005 10:43 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
well it is going to be a redesign of the 'roots' blower
http://www.landisusa.com/blower.jpg

03 S10 eXtreme 04-22-2005 11:03 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
see, i know he's gonna make bank with that brain of his!
good thinkin dude, now get er done!

bagged-regal 04-23-2005 01:20 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
this is an awsome idea doug,

i always wanted to know if someone could shrink down a shop rotor compressor:D
because in the shop, we have a compressor that supplys endless air at a consistent pressure with out a store tank. and im futher sure if there are teflon coated that will cut heat down as well

saber07 04-23-2005 02:04 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
do s10forum peeps get a discount? lol

blznnp 04-23-2005 05:53 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
thats gonna be sweet if you could get it all set and done, do you just sit at work and do this stuff, i thought you worked on tv's and what not all day.

DJDAudio 04-23-2005 08:14 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blznnp
thats gonna be sweet if you could get it all set and done, do you just sit at work and do this stuff, i thought you worked on tv's and what not all day.


ha ha I sit at work (carnegie science center) and just think things up waiting for something to break ha ha. so lots of time on my hands lol.

blznnp 04-24-2005 03:36 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJDAudio
ha ha I sit at work (carnegie science center) and just think things up waiting for something to break ha ha. so lots of time on my hands lol.

sounds like a good job to me, maybe i should try to get a job at the local science center.

HAWK 04-24-2005 04:22 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
are you a millionare yet? seriously damn with ideas like this u should be. hahaha

u think you'll be able to get it to work?

BRAINWASHED5150 04-24-2005 04:34 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
:o]I wish I had the time to pursue some of my ideas.:dunno: Thinking is so much fun, who needs drugs. Hey if you know a little something about electronics I've got another project for you. Pm me if you're interested or if you know someone who is qualified.

DJDAudio 04-24-2005 07:17 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAINWASHED5150
:o]I wish I had the time to pursue some of my ideas.:dunno: Thinking is so much fun, who needs drugs. Hey if you know a little something about electronics I've got another project for you. Pm me if you're interested or if you know someone who is qualified.

I shure hope it works the design is sound and has been around for 100+ years ;) I just want to mak it better. faster quiter.. lol


Shure PM sent

DJDAudio 05-07-2005 01:43 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
I worked out the rotating problem,
www.landisusa.com/comp6.swf

this will show that everything will roll smoth off each outher part. like tires on a road ;)

I will get a prototype done up on a CNC monday hope it works. ;)

blznnp 05-07-2005 02:25 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
sweet, can't wait to see the results.

dragginbody365 05-07-2005 03:46 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
good design, couple thigns to take into consideration before you build it tho. First thing, make sure and put a good check valve on it, because the built up pressure will want to spin the compressor in the wrong direction, also, the force applied to the spinning rotors/pistons will be working against the motor pretty strong. Another thing would be to machine the two circle parts together and make a webbing so that the opposite rotor/piston will not trap small amounts of air, because in the model, you can see a very small cavity. I dont imagine it would make too much an effect, but you still would be losing effeciency. And since this a compressor, you need some kind of sleeve to seal the compression chamber.

I like the idea, however, seeing how this design pushes the air thru instead of compressing and then releasing, it might not be suitable for high pressure, and would be more suitable for sustaing a constant low pressure, like a blower or turbo would.

dragginbody365 05-07-2005 03:49 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
By the way, im not trying to flame, i like the idea, i admire someone who actually has good ideas and trys to bring them to life, so dont think im being negative, Im just bringing up things to consider.

DJDAudio 05-07-2005 07:04 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragginbody365
By the way, im not trying to flame, i like the idea, i admire someone who actually has good ideas and trys to bring them to life, so dont think im being negative, Im just bringing up things to consider.

hey you have some good points !
Thanks.

The little space on the return was ment to be there, it will take already compressed air and alow it back into the inlet to boost the pressure ability of the compressor.

The upper and lower seal is going to be tricky. and yes a check valve is a must.

about high pressure the smaller the piston the highe the pressure with less power so a paralel system with 8 of these in line on one motor will be a smooth and high pressure ... I hope ;) lol

more soon.

here is a inside center model,
http://www.landisusa.com/comp7.swf

The red dot is the drive shaft it will spin and roll against the outer bearings and get them to spen will act alot like a gear reduction.

The black ring is a possable seal ring bearing.

dragginbody365 05-07-2005 07:36 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJDAudio
hey you have some good points !
Thanks.

The little space on the return was ment to be there, it will take already compressed air and alow it back into the inlet to boost the pressure ability of the compressor.

The upper and lower seal is going to be tricky. and yes a check valve is a must.

about high pressure the smaller the piston the highe the pressure with less power so a paralel system with 8 of these in line on one motor will be a smooth and high pressure ... I hope ;) lol

more soon.

here is a inside center model,
http://www.landisusa.com/comp7.swf

The red dot is the drive shaft it will spin and roll against the outer bearings and get them to spen will act alot like a gear reduction.

The black ring is a possable seal ring bearing.


ooohhhh....That makes sense. The good thing about the design, is you can make it spin very fast, without too much heat buildup, since its pushing instead of compressing. Your probobly going to need a pretty beefy motor tho, since your spinning 8 of em. A 5hp 12v motor runs about 300 from most industrial supply places. I seriously looked into buying one a short while ago. I was going to mount it under the bed, and put a pully on 2 york 210s. It would be a 5hp twin york setup. Total cost would have been around 550 after everything, but it would push ALOT of air.

dragginbody365 05-07-2005 07:38 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Also, if your interested, Give me some specs and i can tell you how many lbs of torque youll need for what PSI. BTW, i went to school for mechanical engineering, so im not just talkin poop.

DJDAudio 05-07-2005 07:39 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragginbody365
ooohhhh....That makes sense. The good thing about the design, is you can make it spin very fast, without too much heat buildup, since its pushing instead of compressing. Your probobly going to need a pretty beefy motor tho, since your spinning 8 of em. A 5hp 12v motor runs about 300 from most industrial supply places. I seriously looked into buying one a short while ago. I was going to mount it under the bed, and put a pully on 2 york 210s. It would be a 5hp twin york setup. Total cost would have been around 550 after everything, but it would push ALOT of air.


great idea also industrial floor maintainers use high power low RPM high torque motors in the 12 24V range and are cheap..well sorta ha ha.

I was thinking along those lines just going with a hydo motor mounted to the motor and one in the bed to power the yorks. direct drive setup.

dragginbody365 05-07-2005 07:52 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
im just trying to decide if i wanna build my twin york monster, or just get 3 bottles of nitrogen....

Also, for my twinc york idea, im gunna need a couple extra batteries and strong alternator to hold push that much juice.

DJDAudio 05-09-2005 10:21 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 

HAWK 05-09-2005 11:03 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
wow thats sweet.... ur an effin genius dude. l0l

supermachine 05-09-2005 11:14 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
holy shiat, i never thought the carnegie science center could be so much fun... LOL

just have a few questions, and i'm no engineer by any means so this is just theory
1) exactly what kinda PSi do you think this monster can run, seeing a roots style blower only runs very low boost pressures
2) even if you run 8 of them in a series, they are only capapble of pushing as much psi as one can achieve correct?

rcmaniac 05-09-2005 11:33 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
NICE.. Now get `er DonE!

layinbody31 05-10-2005 12:35 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
truly badass...is that some type of marble or something?

Mystik 05-10-2005 02:19 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
ok you ahve the toy version, lets get a real oen

DJDAudio 05-10-2005 10:53 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
http://www.landisusa.com/comp8.gif

I will cast it out of aluminum when I get back to work then buy the bearings to install in it.

DJDAudio 05-10-2005 10:54 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by layinbody31
truly badass...is that some type of marble or something?

Thanks,

It is made out of the same stuff that Corian Counters are ;) tough stuff lol. and looks real cool lol.

scrubz 05-10-2005 11:11 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
i swear you remind me of John Travolta in "Phenomenon" after he got hit by that light ;)

Doc 05-10-2005 11:26 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
holy crap man...i will say that you will have alot of orders if this works out..lol

98layinframe 05-10-2005 11:43 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
do ya think this will push high pressures though doug? like there saying, a roots type compressor only normaly is used in a lower pressure setup. What RPM ya thinking about spinning it at? Its gona have to be fast.. somewhere around 9 grand would work nice :D

Northplayer13 05-10-2005 11:46 AM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Dude what program are you using that you designed that in? looks a lot like 3d max... or inventor... could u have made that on CADD?

DJDAudio 05-10-2005 12:59 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 98layinframe
do ya think this will push high pressures though doug? like there saying, a roots type compressor only normaly is used in a lower pressure setup. What RPM ya thinking about spinning it at? Its gona have to be fast.. somewhere around 9 grand would work nice :D


lol I was thinking more around 20K RPM ;) about pressure what limited the roots blower is HEAT the high pressure generated way to much heat.

Mine heat is not that big of a problem and with the piston displacement I should be able to get 200 PSI no prob. it will be smoooth non interupted air flow...and sound sooo cool ha ha.

DJDAudio 05-10-2005 01:01 PM

Re: New air compressor idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Northplayer13
Dude what program are you using that you designed that in? looks a lot like 3d max... or inventor... could u have made that on CADD?

lol I did it in macromedia flash all hand drawn and animated frame by frame a real PITA if I had auto CAD or 3DMax It would be sweet ha ha.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2016 VerticalScope Inc.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome