Ball joint question - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-08-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered Users

Ball joint question

So I've been wrapping my brain, reading posts all over the internet. I can't seem to get a clear answer on back joints when getting as low as you can go. I've been looking at the Proforged Super Extended Uppers and it says that they are made for laying frame with bags. My question and lack of understanding is the lowers. The lowers are listed as tall, but say they can limit travel. Are the stock lowers used when using the super extended uppers, or the talls used as well. I'm going to actually call proforged on Monday, but was wondering if I can get some answers on here. Any info helps. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-09-2019, 09:50 AM
always something new

Re: Ball joint question

mine lays w/proforged stock lowers and tall uppers and 20's.......but i have MMW upper/lower arms

All truck pics
http://s93.photobucket.com/user/sdim...?sort=3&page=1.........

Marc .........."01" ExCab 2.2 - 5sp ......On Air......
.......... 2014 Harley Street Glide Special ......on Air
post #3 of 6 Old 03-13-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Registered Users

I was looking to keep the stock control arms and dehump the LCA's. Im running a 16" whee, but might move to 20's at a later date. The truck is actually a 1953 Dodge, but its sittin on a 89 s-10 frame, so I have the ability to determine where the cab sits as far as height, but I would still like the ability to lay frame. So I know cab the needs to be no higher than the bottom of the frame. Makes things easy. Anyways, after a few more days of searching, Im thinking it comes down to the proforged super long uppers and the proforged stock lowers. I reached out to proforged and was actually surprised they told me to call thorbros and talk to them about it. I'll be calling them some time today though. Hopefully I can get this sorted and start making progress. Will post an update later for anyone interested. Thanks for the info though.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-20-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered Users

For anyone interested in the same thing I was looking for, ThorBros recommended the ProForged Super Extended Ball Joints for the uppers and ProForged (Stock) for the lowers. You could run any stock lower ball joint for that matter, but I went with all ProForged.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Registered Users

You actually got in touch with them? I've been calling and I was starting to think they weren't around anymore.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-03-2019, 01:36 PM

I ordered the Proforged extended uppers from Throbros website and had them in 4-5 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page