Re: You canít unsee this abuse
A quick story...
I had a 72 Pontiac Le Mans come into the shop. Pontiac 350, convertible, body very nice. Skipping like a piglet.
I located the problem: # 4 not firing. Wasn't ignition.
I pulled the valve covers - I could hardly see the rocker arms!!! Looked just like the valley on this engine^^^
Pulled the intake and it was not better.
Anyway, removed two shoe boxes of mud!
Pulled the cam, it had one perfectly round lobe (#4) and 3 marginal lobes - half round.
I had a used cam from a hipo 421 out of a 65 2+2, installed it with new lifters and a double row timing chain.
It was a 2 barrel 350, and it SCREAMED!! Spark the treads easily.
The idle was very mildly choppy, but with a single exhaust it was almost not noticeable.
Moral of story... even though the engine had a mud bath going on, it still ran way well.
Didn't burn oil either....
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.