Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: OK, not really, now I have no idle
Most of the time (if you have not removed the carb or changed anything else) the idle mixture - as you found out - is the problem. Backing out the mix screw at the base of the carb usually cures the issue. (unless you have a vacuum leak)
These carbs have a plug (from the factory) over the screw to keep anyone from changing the idle mixture. At least yours was removed by someone.
Always good to hear a success story.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.