Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: Oh Crapski... Bad valves
^^ The weird part about this truck is it still runs well and drives fine, despite all of the problems. I drove it from Syracuse NY to Baton Rouge last fall... at 75 MPH most of the way.
I am guessing it's valves since the engine has no blow-by which would indicate a bad piston.
If this had a 2.8 in it, I would blow it off, but it has a GM crate 3.4 in it.
Eh, all of these repairs don't amount to a pile of cash, but the time involved is a whole different issue.
I'm also curious to see how this rig will perform with all cylinders functioning. It has probably had at least one burnt valve since I bought it.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.