Fuel in vacuum line - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-02-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Fuel in vacuum line

Today after my truck was backfiring it blew a hose off, gas was on the outside of the hose I guess the backfire burned it off the inside. I read somewhere that a ruptured fpr diaphragm could cause this? I didn't check any other vacuum lines. The vacuum line that popped is the s port, that goes to the air pump and temp sensor in the air breather and acc. If I'm right that would have caused my o2 to fail, I can hear the truck running rich, popping through the exhaust when you rev at idle. And it's been eating gasoline with no unusual patterns or drips from the injectors. Timing is spot on, ignition system and other sensors check out good. But I've forced lean and rich conditions and never got a code from the o2. And I know to rich exhaust will kill o2 sensors quick

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-04-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Re: Fuel in vacuum line

Well I'm started to think that now it's because it's running to lean. Because when the backfire popped off a vacuum line it starts doing it worse. But in my mind lean running engine shouldn't be consuming double the fuel it usually does

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page