Converting to EFI. Finally...A little help - Page 5 - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 06:31 PM

Re: Converting to EFI. Finally...A little help

The reason I asked if you have an ALDL cable was not to check codes.

It was however to watch data, specifically the RPM as the engine was being turned over, to see if the ECM is receiving the DRP from the ICM.

Ebay injectors?

Also I would use the ECM triggered TCC control, as it will trigger when the ECM expects it and not throw a code then.

Yukon: The daily driver
Tha toy: 1973 Datsun 240z 12.71 @115
Tha other Toy: 1923 T-Bucket
Another Toy: 1987 Buick Skyhawk
Typhony Old set-up: 1985 GMC Jimmy. 3.2L Turbocharged/Intercooled hybrid. 13.873 @ 99.08 Currently being reconstructed.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up too much space."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post

It was however to watch data, specifically the RPM as the engine was being turned over, to see if the ECM is receiving the DRP from the ICM.
thats what im thinking too

USAF
'86 Grand National - LZ9 swap(in progress)
'97 Ram SS/T 360/.030 over.
post #203 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:

Ebay injectors?

Also I would use the ECM triggered TCC control, as it will trigger when the ECM expects it and not throw a code then.
The ecm doesn't care if the tcc locks up. It only sends a lock up signal to the lock relay when the condition exists for it to be locked up. I know this because I am running the same system that Jimmy is installing, have run a couple different bins, started with the 8062 ecm and am now running the 7747 ecm and have yet to receive a code for the tcc.

1985 GMC S-15 Gypsy ext cab.
3.4l, Edelbrock intake, a 4.3l throttle body controlled by an '88 TBI ECM. 700R4 with 3.73 rear. Real time tuning using a CF-30 Toughbook with a Moates Ostrich 2 emulator.

post #204 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanx View Post
The ecm doesn't care if the tcc locks up. It only sends a lock up signal to the lock relay when the condition exists for it to be locked up. I know this because I am running the same system that Jimmy is installing, have run a couple different bins, started with the 8062 ecm and am now running the 7747 ecm and have yet to receive a code for the tcc.
Then you're lucky. The ECM watches for RPMs to change to verify that the TCC is actually locked, if it doesn't see that change, then it see a fault with the TCC. The qualifier time might be what is saving you there.

Either way, I don't see why someone would not want the ECM to control the TCC for simplicity reasons.

Typhony Old set-up: 1985 GMC Jimmy. 3.2L Turbocharged/Intercooled hybrid. 13.873 @ 99.08 Currently being reconstructed.

post #205 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Then you're lucky. The ECM watches for RPMs to change to verify that the TCC is actually locked, if it doesn't see that change, then it see a fault with the TCC. The qualifier time might be what is saving you there.

Either way, I don't see why someone would not want the ECM to control the TCC for simplicity reasons.
Because I would not just hook up a wire and call it good without verifying how the solenoid is wired up first.

The ecm doesn't care about the tcc.

3.4l, Edelbrock intake, a 4.3l throttle body controlled by an '88 TBI ECM. 700R4 with 3.73 rear. Real time tuning using a CF-30 Toughbook with a Moates Ostrich 2 emulator.
post #206 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Fuel pump works but no fuel out of injectors, bad regulator in the TBI unit?
post #207 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Because I would not just hook up a wire and call it good without verifying how the solenoid is wired up first.

The ecm doesn't care about the tcc.
What do you mean verifying how the solenoid is wired up first? In the S-10s they are the same function.

And yes the ECM most certainly does care if the TCC is functioning correctly.

post #208 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
What do you mean verifying how the solenoid is wired up first? In the S-10s they are the same function.

And yes the ECM most certainly does care if the TCC is functioning correctly.
No,it does not.

This model ecm DOES NOT control the shifting of the transmission.

This model ecm DOES NOT care about the tcc locking up.

If you can provide documentation proving otherwise, please share it.

post #209 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
No,it does not.

This model ecm DOES NOT control the shifting of the transmission.

This model ecm DOES NOT care about the tcc locking up.

If you can provide documentation proving otherwise, please share it.
*sigh*

It's not about whether the ECM controls shifting or not.

It's about the ECM watching other inputs, namely RPM and VSS, and verifying that the RPM drops, with the VSS staying constant, over a certain time among other qualifiers, if it does not see these conditions, it will throw a code that TCC is not working.

Regardless of whether you believe this to be true or not, it is true. The C3 and P4 Delco ECMs work this way. The P4 ECMs have even more control and dependency on the TCC than the C3 ECMs.

I can only surmise that in your truck, the delta time threshold is not being met, before your mechanical TCC control is kicking in, sparing the code being set.

I don't see why someone would not want to make the proper connections when doing a swap.

post #210 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM

I asked you to provide documentation showing proof of what you claim, not post what you think.

Please show me a chart from gm that shows for the 1228062/1227747 a MALF for tcc.

If I am wrong, then I'll admit it, but will you?

post #211 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Awww..you ain't got shit!

Okay...pulled the whole harness and checked pins again. Everything is solid. Checked my fuel pressure which was between 14 and 15 lbs. Still no fire from the injectors. Everything else works fine like the fuel relay and the engine fires. Tested the ECM to see if it was in "flood' mode and TPS is working correctly. Switched out the ECM to the other one....still nothing.. Shit. This sux.

1984 xcab s-10 3.4L GM crate engine 91 S10 TBI swap w bored intake, Edelbrock headers. 2" Rough Country Lift. Flowmaster, shift kit, e-fan.
The S-5 trailer-Half a 1st Gen LWB S-10

EFI swap https://www.s10forum.com/forum/f106/...e-help-513616/

My build thread (3.4L)https://www.s10forum.com/forum/f106/...stions-427168/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I had to cut my nut in half .
post #212 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Ebay injectors?

Okay...how do I do that? DRP?

1984 xcab s-10 3.4L GM crate engine 91 S10 TBI swap w bored intake, Edelbrock headers. 2" Rough Country Lift. Flowmaster, shift kit, e-fan.

Quote:
post #213 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Any truth to this? Found this on here.

KroniK

Re: '91 S-10 Blazer Fuel pressure good but injectors wont squirt (no injector pulse)

Quote: Originally Posted by 0x00 Hey!
that was 22 words!!!

i have similar problem and am about to replace PCM.
Here is the game and why people say check ignition stuff for lack of injector pusles...

allegedly, the computer needs to see good, valid ignition pulses before it will send out fuel pulses. I am playing the same game with a 94 'W'

when it runs (getting rare) there are clean pulses (through LED and resistor) at both the fuel injector wire and the ignition signal wire at the PCM (I have it hanging by the wires and am about to put a scope on it). but when it won't run, I see weak pulses on the 'noid' light on both.
I THINK it was making sparks even though it would not run...I checked many times with a plug and wire on the distro....

anyway, that is the theory, I think.

HEY!! You should check the distributor!! Take off the distributor cap and check to see if anything about the distributor looks old, rusted, broken etc. because that is what was wrong with my blazer! I tried replacing the distributor and the injectors started pulsing right away!!! So before you go spend the money on a PCM, your distributor may be the problem. The distributor serves two functions, One being firing the spark plugs, but the second is pulsing the injectors. the part that fired the spark plugs was working just fine, but the part that fired the injectors was all rusted and falling apart.

anyway, try that FIRST because I doubt that it is your PCM. However if your distributor looks brand new, then you might want to try a new PCM.

Luckily I had an s10 pickup of the same year and with the same engine which I used as a parts truck to test different theories. I eventually ended up swapping the distributor and the injectors immediately started firing, so I have bought a new distributor (but I havent installed it yet :P)
[Report Post]

KroniKView Public ProfileSend a private message to KroniKFind More Posts by KroniKAdd KroniK to Your Contacts
04-01-2013, 11:20 AM #6
KPTruck guy

Re: '91 S-10 Blazer Fuel pressure good but injectors wont squirt (no injector pulse)

This is an old thread but for other people's info I would just like to say that this is MOST LIKELY the ignition module. As an ASE master certified mechanic with 20 years experience, I would say that 90% of the time when the TBI is not pulsing, it is the ignition module. Before you say "but i have spark", it is not uncommon for the injector side of the module to go bad while the ignition side still works. I have seen this over and over. If the pickup coil in the distributor goes out, you lose both. The only other thing that can cause this is a bad ECM and that is rare but possible. If you have fuel pressure, spark and no TBI pulse, the cheapest and most likely thing to go bad is the ignition module.

Quote:
post #214 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykicker View Post
Okay...how do I do that? DRP?
DRP= distributer reference pulse

if the ECM does not receive a pulse (EST ref on wiring diagram) it wont know when to fire the injectors. thats why he asked if you had access to an ALDL cable to look at the data and verify if there was DRP.

if you have no access to one you can remove the ICM(ig control module) and have it tested. another item the fails is the magnetic pick-up, but you wouldnt have any spark if that was the case.

USAF
post #215 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
DRP= distributer reference pulse

if the ECM does not receive a pulse (EST ref on wiring diagram) it wont know when to fire the injectors. thats why he asked if you had access to an ALDL cable to look at the data and verify if there was DRP.

if you have no access to one you can remove the ICM(ig control module) and have it tested. another item the fails is the magnetic pick-up, but you wouldnt have any spark if that was the case.
Ahh...see now if you put it in English I can grasp it....I've never dabbled much into EFI. New to me. Learning a lot here now. I have a spare distributor and I will switch out the module Saturday and see if she fires.

So basically since it will fire when I spray ether into it I know the magnetic pickup is okay....the only thing remaining then to be forked up is the module then correct?

Quote:
post #216 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 11:23 PM

no worries

if you have no means of testing for DRP signal then you can remove the ICM and have it tested. or if you have a spare ICM lying around you can try it out for sh!ts n giggles.

USAF
post #217 of 409 Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

I do...I have a whole complete distributor. Maybe I cooked that damn ICM (the ECM side) when that fuel pump relay took out my first ECM....

Everything points to that ICM now because everything else is operating normally related to the ECM.

My shits and giggles are shitted out for the night. When I get tired, I have to stop before I start making expensive mistakes. I love being over 40

Quote:
post #218 of 409 Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 AM

LOL well tomorrow is another day

USAF
post #219 of 409 Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Somebody just do me a favor and SHOOT me. I pulled the distributor, took the module out and the one from the spare distributor. BOTH modules tested good. The one that was in it was pretty nasty inside and the connectors were brittle and breaking. The one from the magnetic pickup disentigrated when I took it off. Nothing left but the wires. I took the spare distributor which had broken ends, but fair insides....cut the coil pigtail off the other one and soldered it on to it. Tested every wire for continuity. All good...Put a new pigtail from a mangled harness on mine because it wasn't in great shape. Put it back in the truck and tried it. NOTHING. Same shit as before. Injectors not firing. I threw the ****ing light on the ground, cussed and slammed the door on the garage. I'm out of ideas now. This is the most frustrating thing I think I have ever done to this truck. I'm so sick of it now I can barely see straight. Anybody else have any ideas??

Oh yeah...I'd just go buy a new pigtail....but guess what?? GM says "discontinued"....How many m*&therf*ck*n S10s did GM build between 1986-1993? A BUNCH...how many are on the road? A BUNCH...screw them. They will sell you a $2000 engine for your old ass 82-85 truck, but not a damn pigtail for the FORKING distributor??? A rebuilt distributor doesn't come with a pigtail. Besides, I'm not sure that it would even help at this point and I am SICK of throwing money at it.

Quote:
post #220 of 409 Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Have you verified that the ECM is getting DRP, and/or that the injectors are getting a signal from the ECM?

Have you verified that there is indeed fuel at the injectors?

post #221 of 409 Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM

rockauto has the connectors just search a year with the TBI 2.8, I just looked and found what you need. 1987 S10 2.8 is what I just looked at and they have the whole dizzy harness for 52 bucks or under ICM connector find the 2 you need.

rig yourself up a noid light to test for signal at the injectors, you can buy one or make one out of a circuit tester. just connect the leads. I can trigger the ECM to fire the injectors without cranking, just by turning the dizzy as far as it will go one way, then back the other. or you can have someone crank it to verify signal from the ECM.

start with that and we will go from there.

USAF
post #222 of 409 Old 04-13-2013, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Have you verified that the ECM is getting DRP, and/or that the injectors are getting a signal from the ECM?

Have you verified that there is indeed fuel at the injectors?

Thanks...I have calmed down...a little now....

explain to me how to determine whether I am getting DRP. And that the injectors are getting a signal from the ECM. Yes, the pump is pumping fuel. I can see it in the filter right by the TBI. Took off the line. Fuel runs out. 14.5 pounds of pressure.

Quote:
post #223 of 409 Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
rockauto has the connectors just search a year with the TBI 2.8, I just looked and found what you need. 1987 S10 2.8 is what I just looked at and they have the whole dizzy harness for 52 bucks or under ICM connector find the 2 you need.

rig yourself up a noid light to test for signal at the injectors, you can buy one or make one out of a circuit tester. just connect the leads. I can trigger the ECM to fire the injectors without cranking, just by turning the dizzy as far as it will go one way, then back the other. or you can have someone crank it to verify signal from the ECM.

start with that and we will go from there.
Okay...won't be doing anything with it until Monday probably. For a couple of reasons. One, I am shit broke, two I don't wanna run the risk of smashing something in frustration. Thanks for the tip on the distributor. I will order one of those. Thats the best solution. :-)

Quote:
post #224 of 409 Old 04-13-2013, 02:51 PM

its always good to take a break to clear your mind. in the mean time, you can study up on some things to help you understand and diagnose your no start problem. since we are talking about DRP and ICM, heres a link to familiarize yourself with how the ICM operates.

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_ic...n_module_1.php

a little more advanced but gives you an idea how ECM needs to "see" the reference signal from the ICM to be able to operate the injectors and ignition timing.

http://www.megasquirt.info/HEIgn.htm

USAF
post #225 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
its always good to take a break to clear your mind. in the mean time, you can study up on some things to help you understand and diagnose your no start problem. since we are talking about DRP and ICM, heres a link to familiarize yourself with how the ICM operates.

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_ic...n_module_1.php

a little more advanced but gives you an idea how ECM needs to "see" the reference signal from the ICM to be able to operate the injectors and ignition timing.

http://www.megasquirt.info/HEIgn.htm
Man, I could KISS you guys! I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!

After taking some time away from this SOB I realized that maybe I am looking in the wrong places for the problem....Because in my words I have often said it's the stupid thing not the HUGE thing that is the problem...and usually the most obvious! I started looking at the page that 34blazer sent me and started looking at the coil troubleshooting and the pink and white wires coming off of them. The problem?? The wire that came from the ignition switch that originally went to the coil pack on my original carb setup had somehow slipped off a breakaway connector that I had wired in since the factory connector on the old setup is different. Holy shit. I pushed it back on there....turned the key and it started about 3 seconds later. Shit...All that work and a loose connection at the coil. It was weird though that it would still fire like that. I'm not sure how that's possible....

Anyway, it ran like crap for about 5 seconds and shut down. I am sure I need to turn the distributor a little to get it running smooth. I cannot run it like I have it since it is all rigged outside the truck and the harness is against the header pipe as it sits. So I need to reroute and tie everything up....not only that...but today it is dark, nasty, rainy and as a result of working on this truck so much I have neglected everything here since I have been working on the truck and I have tons of dirty clothes and my house is a complete pigsty...so that has to come first. That and my hands are beat up horribly from this experience and my scabs need a day or two to heal...Seems like every time I worked on it I bleed from somewhere.

I feel like an IDIOT! I spent days trying to figure this out and all it was was that....jesus.

MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE HELPED. Especially damanx who talked to me on the phone for hours. We have both done one of these and I wouldn't have probably attempted it without his help.

Thanks 34blazer for all the online support. Made my wheels spin a bit so I could figure out what was wrong. Stopping and walking away was the best thing I could have done.

Quote:
post #226 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Don't feel like an idiot.

When I did the MPFI/hybrid/turbo swap in my Jimmy, I missed connecting the ground for the TPS sensor, and took me quite a few hours to find the problem. We all have some issues some time to get things running.

Congrats.

post #227 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Don't feel like an idiot.

When I did the MPFI/hybrid/turbo swap in my Jimmy, I missed connecting the ground for the TPS sensor, and took me quite a few hours to find the problem. We all have some issues some time to get things running.

Congrats.
Thanks...was more than a few hours in my case. . It truly is usually the stupidest things we miss. I was confident that I had connected everything up correctly...Everything to the ECM...but I didn't check that.

Why would it start with ether though with that wire disconnected??

Quote:
post #228 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM

Sweet!

Now, with the 8062 ecm and the AMRW prom, your base timing is to be set at 0 degrees. To get that, get the engine up to operating temp, and yes you can bump the distributor initially to get it to idle a bit smoother, but once warmed up, disconnect that tan/black stripe wire. Then use the timing light to set to 0 degrees.

Do NOT set it for more or less. 0 degrees. If you set it or more than that, the esc is going to control it anyway and you will end up having more knocks, which the ecm doesn't like anyway.

Next thing you are going to have to do after that is to set the idle speed via the throttle stop screw and make sure the IAC counts are within 10-30 at idle.

This is where having a cable from the ecm serial data line to the serial port on your computer along with Tuner Pro RT will be fun to use.

As a matter of fact, I've got to go out now and get the engine warmed up, swap ecm's to test the spare I picked up yesterday. If it tests good, then I'll leave it in because I've modified the bin file a little more from the bin that is currently in there and want to datalog the changes.

I'll build you a cable for that. You have a working lighter socket correct?

post #229 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Yes sir. My truck is basically 100% functional. I fixed pretty much everything wrong with it when I rebuilt it in 2010

Quote:
post #230 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM

Read through this:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...g12OY0RPT_qsfQ

post #231 of 409 Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered me a new distributor from Rock Auto. Figured I might as well since both of the ones I have are total junk. The less 25 year old parts on this truck the better!! Probably get me a new coil too. Using the junkyard one. I pulled some plug wires from a truck at the junkyard to get me by that looked almost new....They seem to be better than the ACCEL wires that two of the ends broke off of when removing them. Man, they make some crummy stuff. Wish I had seen all the bitching people do about that junk before I had bought them.

Quote:
post #232 of 409 Old 04-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Boozebag

JK, congrats Dood.
I've been sort of lurking on this one.
Post the final results.. (I'm sure you will)
Let me know if it was worth the ordeal you went through...

S10 addiction:
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.
post #233 of 409 Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Sure hope so. The intake and TBI can flow around 400cfm. WHat I am hoping for is better mileage and starts. Hopefully power will be at least close.

Quote:
post #234 of 409 Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

I will be reinstalling the harness tonight I think. Went to the junkyard yesterday and hacked off some breakaway connectors. Word to the wise. CK trucks have some nice red quick disconnects behind the glove box door. Otherwise they are kind of slim pickings on GM cars. Hate to admit it, but Ford is where it is at for quick disconnect scavenging. Big Fords and Lincolns have NICE breakaway connectors all under the hood in 1, 2 , 3 and 4+ wire configurations. These are great for wiring up fans, fuel pumps...whatever. Got about 10 of them.

Quote:
post #235 of 409 Old 04-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Should've had a V8.

Spare the moron jokes lol, but what is a breakaway connector?

FS: First Gen brake lights, 4.3 TB, 2.8 intake manifold, 2.8 air cleaner housing, heater core shroud, first gen sun visor.
Click the name for the thread.
1992 s10 "Old and Un-faithful" 3.4L RIP
1995 s10 "What the hell, it runs?" 2.2L Long Bed RIP
1996 Saturn SL2, 2000 SL TWIN PILES OF CRAP
post #236 of 409 Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 PM

GM calls them "weatherpack connectors", you can buy just the ends and make your own wiring harnesses. They require a special crimping tool.
post #237 of 409 Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Should've had a V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericknight View Post
GM calls them "weatherpack connectors", you can buy just the ends and make your own wiring harnesses. They require a special crimping tool.

Ohhhhh, okay. I know what those are haha.

FS: First Gen brake lights, 4.3 TB, 2.8 intake manifold, 2.8 air cleaner housing, heater core shroud, first gen sun visor.
post #238 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

I added one for the fuel pump and one for the A/C. Reinstalled the harness in the truck and got it running. Running a little rough at startup and the check engine light is on. Haven't pulled codes yet to see what is up. Idles out good after a couple of minutes. Question. What should the spray pattern look like at idle? Looks a little drippy to me. Seems to spray a normal looking pattern when opening the throttle. No dripping.

Quote:
post #239 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 AM

should be a conical spray pattern, if there are noticably large droplets then they need to be cleaned or replaced.

post some vids when able?

USAF
post #240 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Sure. I can do that. Kinda wished I had just bought new ones now. Should have went new with everything except intake and harness. Probably will do that a bit at a time. Really don't like or want junkyard parts on my truck where I can help it.

Quote:
post #241 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 AM

used to hit up PaP for injectors all the time, went in my overalls and ended up with multiple sets of free ones lol.

USAF
post #242 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, the Mexicanos grab them as soon as they come in. Not sure why....they destroy all the TBIs. The one I built I had to use parts from the 2.8 unit that I had because they were missing the injectors and most of the hardware. Annoying.

Quote:
post #243 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yeah, the Mexicanos grab them as soon as they come in. Not sure why....they destroy all the TBIs. The one I built I had to use parts from the 2.8 unit that I had because they were missing the injectors and most of the hardware. Annoying.
its bad here in vegas, theyre like locusts.

USAF
post #244 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Yep...Every now and then I get lucky and spot a fresh one like where I got my ECMs. It had just been put out. Wish I had seen this little truck coming in actually. I would have bought it off the wrecker driver. Other than some basic normal wear for a 91 and a broken grille, it was actually in good shape. Kinda hated to see it junked. It was 100% complete. No matter what was wrong with it, it would have been and easy fix and I could have probably made $1000 off it. I don't understand people sometimes.

Quote:
post #245 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 PM

Some people would rather scrap a vehicle because they don't feel the little bit of money they will get from selling it is worth the hassle.

Most of the time I agree.

Speaking of which I need to update my sig, I sold the 'Bu over 2 years ago and it's been junked almost as long.

post #246 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Might have been. This little truck was certainly worth the scrap price. It was in pretty good shape.

Quote:
post #247 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Same thing here. If you happen to run across a complete TBI, grab that mofo quick!

In regards to the pattern, at idle, it won't be a very strong spray anyway. The pulse width of the injectors is very short.

Remember James, once you get this engine ready to run, you are going to have modify the bin file in the prom to compensate for this setup.

It's not plug, play and forget about it.

post #248 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Should've had a V8.

I just grabbed a TBI off one in my local yard, should have paid better attention. Different than mine so I'm not sure if I can use it.

post #249 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Truck is RUNNING GREAT!!! Took it for the first test ride tonight. Found l didn't hook up the MAP sensor vacuum which is why the SES light was on because it is now out! It has NEVER idled that well, and power is equal, or perhaps even BETTER than the 4bbl. No stumbling or flat spots like the carb. No gassy rich smell either. Using the AMRW 4.3 chip in it right now. Haven't even set the timing except by ear. Runs fantastic!

Thanks guys....more to come!

Quote:
post #250 of 409 Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Should've had a V8.

good to hear you got it running bro. bet it will be even better once you get it timed/tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page