Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: After market ignition coil
** You can fab a bracket for the stock coil and mount it, or modify the stock bracket to fit..
My 2 cents... aftermarket coils for a stock system = waste of $$.
You won't notice any difference unless you want the "look" of a goofy red/yellow/blue/black unit.
The only time a high output coil makes a difference is when you have continuous high RPM operation - as in racing.
I remember wanting the HUGE Accel yellow coil.
That thing was almost as big as a FOOTBALL!!
I bought one and thought it looked cool on the firewall of my 66 Chevelle.
What a DUMBAZZ.
I've learned a little since then.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.