Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: 86 s15 to 98 4.3 Jimmy Drive Train Swap
Welcome to the forum Dood!
This is a pretty straight forward swap, but you will find that you need the entire drive train (engine, tranny and tcase) but, you will also need the complete harness, fuel pump/tank sensor, and too many more parts to go into here.
Short story: it can be done, but it will be labor intensive.
Basically, everything has to be removed from the donor and installed into the S15.
If you are patient and have the facility and tools, yes - go nuts.
If you want quick and easy, this is not the route.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.