Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: 84 2.8l v6 coolant drain
If you look at the side of the block - behind the sensors, there is a 13mm plug. When you remove it, it drains the coolant out of one side of the engine. There is another plug on the other side in the same proximity as this one. That drains the other side of the engine.
One point: once the plug is removed, there is usually a good build up of rust that will prevent the coolant from exiting. You will have to use a short screwdriver or similar to unblock the passage.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.