Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: 3.4 dohc
I guess you have to set your priorities. Gas mileage, drag racing, street racing, daily driving, sport driving. The cheapest way to power is a stock 350 SB in a dime. You control the rear end in this case. Your right foot is in command - powered by your brain (hopefully).
There is no sustitution for cubic inches. If you are going for gas mileage, small is best.
Back to the DOHC. It would make good power, but it will take some seeeerious modifications and fabricating. The main reason I was thnking of doing this swap is the uniqueness of this engine. Polished and done up it would be wild looking. Especially with a set of Weber carbs on top.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.