Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saipan (!)
Mad Max is offline
Re: Oil Leak on 2.2
I hate oil leaks. If my rig leaks, I fix it.
However, oil is inexpensive compared to having a mechanic replace the seal.
If you do the job yourself, the seal is $13...
How do I know?
If you have the tools and the facility (your garage or driveway) it's not all that bad of a job. You could do it in a day.
I don't know - you could go either way with this one. Just depends how ambitious you are.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck)
3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
7) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.