Amazon $40 VIN H 2003 2.2 Fuel pump - S-10 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldeerslayer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-23-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

Amazon $40 VIN H 2003 2.2 Fuel pump

Like always I got yet another 2.2 truck,and just like them all this one has its issues,...one of which being crazy low fuel pressure,Long crank,barely goes 10mph...anyways,after one attempt to drive it it was obvious it needed a fuel pump.

I own almost a dozen of these trucks,and have parted out at least that many over the years. This being only my 3rd 2003 model. pulling out a pump I had from another truck it’s VIN H pump is apparently a one year thing! Here’s a ‘00-‘02 VIN 5 truck’s pump compared to the VIN H. VIN H pump has the newer style long plug,and the VIN 5 pump had the square plug.

A VIN 5 Pump will fit into,and a VIN H truck’s plastic tank,and it will run off of it. I pulled this VIN 5 Pump from another ‘03 someone rewired to the square plug...

I personally don’t like cutting my harness,or changing the plug out on my vehicle. Yes,I’ve done it dozens of times to other people’s trucks since most aftermarket GM pumps have the long plug,and come with a matching pigtail. this case would’ve been going backwards,and there’s that possibility from sitting in my garage for almost a year it’s not even good anymore...

So,..started looking for a VIN H pump. here’s Autozone’s price.

that’s pretty close to what I paid for the whole truck,lol.

And Amazon’s price

here’s what it looks like...the seal was missing from the box,and you have to swap over the pressure sensor.

Also bought a filter for about $15 from Amazon as well...truck runs fantastic! longevity? idk,..only time will tell. All the “I don’t trust” or “Is just buy a delco so I don’t have to mess with it..” $40 or $400!?! Is that even a real decision? besides,it literally took me 30min to install this pump! And at the price I can replace the pump 10 times for less then once with the Autozone pump! they both have a one year warranty too. and swapping the pump is easy..7mm from the filler neck,and 15mm for the bed,and the scissor jack everyone’s truck was supposed to come with.

I posted this for those cheap guys like myself on the ropes about buying a cheap pump for their trucks...I would,and did...I’ll update y’all if this thing fails in the short time I own this truck..so far I’m pleased.

Here’s a link to the pump

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XT...b_b_asin_title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostizzle View Post
I turned mine into an Oldsmobile, bitches love Oldsmobiles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-25-2019, 11:19 AM
the new guy

I buy the Amazon stuff too. Never had a problem with one failing on my wrangler, bmw, full size Silverado, or any car I have ever used them in

the joys of living on the ocean. sun, ocean breezes, non-stop rust
post #3 of 8 Old 05-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Registered Hoosier

Re: Amazon $40 VIN H 2003 2.2 Fuel pump

IIRC, the AC Delco I put in my code 5 2002 came with an adapter instead of just the new style plug.

1992 rcsb 4.3,at 357,000 miles. Rust in Peace
2000 Jimmy 4x4 4dr. 255,000 miles
2002 rcsb, 2.2 at, 289,000miles
1967 C10
2006 Colorado

post #4 of 8 Old 05-26-2019, 12:47 AM
Been there Done it

Since they're so easy to change and you have had practice, why not buy the cheap one. I have. With no regrets. If 2 years from now you have to drop another $40 for a pump, you're still $320 ahead.
BravadaX likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-28-2019, 02:59 PM

while I dont condone it,some have cut access holes in the bed floor for quick change out.
I did that in a beater 95 Firebird,no dropping exhaust,rear end etc.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-28-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
I buy the Amazon stuff too. Never had a problem with one failing on my wrangler, bmw, full size Silverado, or any car I have ever used them in
Up until recently I was an eBay and autozone guy.. still a cheapskate,but never thought to look on Amazon until some of the stuff I bought on eBay cane in Amazon boxes. So,for only the last two years or so Iíve added Amazon to my shopping locations. So far Iím pretty happy with almost everything Iíve bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostizzle View Post
I turned mine into an Oldsmobile, bitches love Oldsmobiles.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Been there Done it

Only thing to watch on Amazon is either get it directly from Amazon or a known US seller.
I bought a A/C compressor clutch for an Audi on there and sold the car before installing it.
Cost me $35 to ship it back to Hong Kong. Where it came from wasn't mentioned in the listing.
A lot of their "associated" vendors are overseas. I've also hear many complaints about clone stuff
being sold as "genuine" oem. If it's thru Amazon just return it. If it's not directly from them you're stuck with it.
Reading the reviews will tell you a lot about a product.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-29-2019, 09:15 AM
the new guy

I get from amazon but normally its if I cannot find it cheaper on ebay or rockauto. I used to get lots of stuff on amazon but they are not always the best priced now.

I cycle so each year I have to replace my tires, chain, and rear gear cassette. it used to be I regularly got that stuff on amazon because they had the best prices. now, I think the sellers look to see what stuff is going for on other sites and then price theirs the same. I don't know but they have lately been not where I ended up buying from because of the price.

I still do tons of ebay though. especially car / truck tires. they are so cheap on ebay and shipping is free. I just take them on base and get them mounted and balanced for 10 bucks a tire

the joys of living on the ocean. sun, ocean breezes, non-stop rust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page